Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria 2 is coming!

Seldon

Educated
Paradox just announced that they are developing Victoria 2:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423311

I was afraid it would never happen :D

According to the Paradox Newsletter, it is scheduled for a 2010 release.

Edit: Here is the specific announcement, which is the content of the newsletter:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10013806&postcount=1

Notice that they also announce two Europa Universalis projects. One is a fan made expansion thingy for EU2 (For the Glory), and the other is an ordinary expansion for EU3. But this is of course overshadowed by the Vicky 2 announcement.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jesus christ it's the first time I'm excited for a new game in ages. Say what you want about Pdox, I never thought they'd actually do this. Victoria didn't sell for shit and had terrible mainstream reviews... which company would actually consider doing a sequel to it? Right, a company which cares about making good games. Obviously the game will come out and will be shit and will need 3 patches to be playable, but hell, this is fucking great

Ruodon

Novice
I bet that before the first patch arrives it will be justl like in early days of Vicky. Russia colonizing Africa and Prussia annexing almost whole Denmark because AI cant handle peace deals.

Seldon

Educated
Ruodon said:
I bet that before the first patch arrives it will be justl like in early days of Vicky. Russia colonizing Africa and Prussia annexing almost whole Denmark because AI cant handle peace deals.

Ah...yes, the good old days. Hopefully there will be some new insanities as well. After all, it wouldn't be the same without it.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Actually quite excited about this. But might mean I have to buy a new PC - the new engine is a monster and Vicky is much more processor intensive than the HoI series at the best of times.

Glad Paradox is throwing a bone to its core fan base though. HoI3 will always be a pile of silliness - it's teh economy stupid. ;)

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'd rather wished they tried to go for something new - like a Cold War timeline (some 40 years - and at that time lots of economical, political and technological innovations were made so it would be perfect) than making a sequels of the same games. Not that I complain - Paradox is one of a few game developers today which have their sequels more complex in contrast to a total dumbing down around.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wish we had a "Paradox" for hardcore RPG's. A company making quality games with reasonable budgets, and features aimed to please fans of the genre rather than mass-market casual gamers.

Maybe Iron Tower could become such a company, if AoD is successful enough to finance their espansion into full-time rather than part-time development.

JarlFrank said:
You can also play the Netherlands, Belgium or Switzerland if that sounds more interesting to you.

Or any shitty south american state and make it a great power. In my last game I got Haiti as #6, with over 55 million population. Could probably get it even better, but the lategame is so slow I couldn't bother anymore.

Oh, and Victoria 2 is great news, although I agree with Skyway. A cold-war era game would be awesome.

Seldon

Educated
thesheeep said:
Would be nice if you could transfer your games from Vic2 to HoI3 then, like you could before :)

"• Possibility to export a save game at the end of the game into HoI3."

it is in.

Email Noir

Novice
DarthJF wrote:

It's two hours since I noticed this, and I'm still all in extacy. I couldn't be happier even if I'd gotten laid.

And yes, I just posted, but my happiness cannot be contained in one post alone.

Seldon said:
CarnivalBizarre said:
Destroid said:
They should finish HoI3 first.

Hell yeah!

HoI is shit, and has always been shit. So there is nothing to fix. Instead they should focus their resources where it matters (Vicky 2).

If they don't solve the problems in Hoi3 Vicky2 is going to inherit them, just like always before in the paradox games. So keep wishing for that dress you always wanted and that they patch Hoi3 up to their usual level...

Seldon

Educated
CarnivalBizarre said:
So keep wishing for that dress you always wanted...

I do not have to wish for it. Because I am actually dressed in it at this very moment, infront of my computer. I have dressed myself exactly as queen Victoria, in order to celebrate this fabolous piece of news.

queen_victoria_-_aged_66.jpg

So I look a bit like this, except taller, and more manly (if that is possible). I have been dressed like this since Vicky 2 was first announced, and it is damned hot and uncomfortable.

But as a fan of this great franchise, it is my duty. Besides...all that sweat that is pouring from my thighs, ass, and multiheaded dick makes me feel like a sexy bitch. I have in fact wanked of to myself several times now. It is just so sexy, and I recommend it strongly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom