Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

ChildInTime

Learned
Are setites still around in v5? That would be a surprise they were playable
They are around, they rebranded themselves as Ministry and lean more into drug trade, cults and other shady shit, instead of snake worship.

MasPingon

Arcane
Snippet of VTMB2 from a new Chinese Room showreel:

I can live with this new trend where some studios put celebrities in their game to reach a wider audience. But did someone thought twice before hiring Megan Rapinoe as a dev?

Przechwytywaniesadasd.png

Delterius

Arcane
Are setites still around in v5? That would be a surprise they were playable
yeah and they've sorta joined the cam, though I think it's more of a rivalry thing they got going with assamites.

i'd be rather surprised at the ministry making it in, but my bet is on the banu haqim because they can just share blood magic with tremere.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
voiced protagonist with bioware dialogue choices. my displeasure is immeasurable and my day is ruined. and it has some dumbass made up meme name as well, just great, can't wait to read thousand variations of the same pun. :negative:

Delterius

Arcane
There's actually some interesting territory to be explored here if diablerie is in the game, and your victim ends up trying to overpower you mentally (or whatver the soul version is called). I just hope it's not handled like Keanu Reeves' character in CP2077.
I agree. The problem is we are talking about multiple versions of keanu reeves depending on clan, aren't we? That sounds very difficult to achieve, at least without some concessions.
Tyranicon i blame you
do you guys think keanu is gonna voice mitsoda's self insert the vampire known as mr. gloves
regardless of this

Herumor

Scholar
We are happy to share that over the coming weeks we will reveal the four clans playable at launch. The first will be revealed next week. In addition to these four clans, an additional clan will be made available via DLC. A sixth clan will appear in a unique, standalone DLC. Details on the DLCs will be shared during 2024. Some of the clans will be familiar to Bloodlines players, but some will surprise!
So basically, outside that stand-alone DLC, your choice of Clan won't matter whatsoever in the narrative.

jungl

Augur
Clan choice never mattered in the original either. Looks like bloodlines fans are starting to realize how overrated the original game was. It had style and presentation due to source engine and decent soundtrack but it was still early 2000s action game slop. Now everyone mad they are getting the same game lol but this time without a cool new graphic engine. Redemption was the better game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There's actually some interesting territory to be explored here if diablerie is in the game, and your victim ends up trying to overpower you mentally (or whatver the soul version is called). I just hope it's not handled like Keanu Reeves' character in CP2077.
I agree. The problem is we are talking about multiple versions of keanu reeves depending on clan, aren't we? That sounds very difficult to achieve, at least without some concessions.
Tyranicon i blame you

I mean, it is a cool idea. I don't have much faith it'll be handled well but you never know.

Herumor

Scholar
Clan choice never mattered in the original either.
Shows you never played the game - if you played as Nosferatu, shit sure as fuck mattered. And if you were a Tremere, you had the Chantry as a haven as well, not to mention a different relationship with the Tremere Primogen and the Gargoyle involved with his sidequest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We are happy to share that over the coming weeks we will reveal the four clans playable at launch. The first will be revealed next week. In addition to these four clans, an additional clan will be made available via DLC. A sixth clan will appear in a unique, standalone DLC. Details on the DLCs will be shared during 2024. Some of the clans will be familiar to Bloodlines players, but some will surprise!
So basically, outside that stand-alone DLC, your choice of Clan won't matter whatsoever in the narrative.
Obviously, with a voiced character, there's less room to play in that space. Le Bray reassures me however that your Phyre's starting clan will still impact the story, though he's light on the specifics. "I can say, as far as playing through as Phyre goes, there are certain things that might be available to a clan … when you are interacting with a character, maybe you can [appeal or interact] with that character in a different way, depending on clan choices."

A couple of characters will acknowledge it, just like most of the clans from the first game. Malkavian and Nosferatu-esque reactivity are out of scope, that was never going to happen.

The President

Educated
Now that the main character is Armenian are we going to have any references to the genocide, or are they going to neglect that bit of info to prevent the kebabs from banning the game.

Xelocix

Learned
Oh my FUCK this looks SO FUCKING BAD. I can't believe I miss everything we saw about Hardsuit's VTMB2 now that we've seen whatever the fuck this Cybershit 2077 knockoff is. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN RPG!! Who tf thought it would be a good idea to remove customization beyond like 6 shitty outfits from this game?! I'd take being a thinblood shovelhead over a turkish butchdyke mutt any day of the year. I'm not even going to pirate this shit it looks that bad.

Caim

Arcane
Now that the main character is Armenian are we going to have any references to the genocide, or are they going to neglect that bit of info to prevent the kebabs from banning the game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide_recognition

Swedish parliament passed a resolution recognizing the Armenian genocide as well as the Assyrian genocide and Greek genocide, but the foreign minister said that this resolution did not reflect the position of the executive branch. Turkey recalled its ambassador from Stockholm.

No official acknowledgement, so it can go either way.

Herumor

Scholar
Also, how do they manage to make their characters look so stiff? Yeah, yeah, vampire/undead jokes ahoy, but put that shit aside and consider the fact how well the original Bloodlines face animations - not to mention the stellar voice acting - holds up to the test of time. What they show here in this sneak peak is just absolutely horrible, there's no emotion, no inflection, might as well have a fucking slideshow at this point.

jungl

Augur
Shows you never played the game - if you played as Nosferatu, shit sure as fuck mattered. And if you were a Tremere, you had the Chantry as a haven as well, not to mention a different relationship with the Tremere Primogen and the Gargoyle involved with his sidequest.
i remember that trivial fluff it mattered as much as horse armor dlc. I'm sure we gonna see the same low effort clan reactivity since this game is a sequel to early 2000s first third person action game slop.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i see a lot of people upset at the preset character looks, and i am angry how they miss the point. bloodlines 1 had few character models and armors, but the character was YOUR character, and not commander geralt who has exactly 2 personalities: smiley face blue and frowny face red.

i remember that trivial fluff it mattered as much as horse armor dlc. I'm sure we gonna see the same low effort clan reactivity since this game is a sequel to early 2000s first third person action game slop.
i was going to get involved in some longwinded argument and ask you for examples of 3d action rpgs where chargen has, what you deem to be, sufficient impact on the story, but i am in bed and write on a god awful wireless keyboard so i am simply going to call you a cocksucker instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom