Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Delterius

Arcane
Since I'm a total storyfag, I was curious how they were going to handle the lore, especially running around as an Elder. The Fabian thing I am ok with, and they stated there's a reason for this. So we will see...
i'm ok with cyberpunk on a budget tbqh it sounds like this has better potential than cyberpunk's. rather than keanu partying between your ears you have a young upstart while you barely know what teled-phones are. it writes itself, really.

but it seems we'll have a choice of 4 geralts to play with. which is rather disheartening. and hopefully not all of them have the dumbest name ever. but somehow i doubt they dubbed this game 4 times with 4 different names.

RagingNomad

Educated
where u find out that there will be 4 geralts? Can u give time code?
Since I'm a total storyfag, I was curious how they were going to handle the lore, especially running around as an Elder. The Fabian thing I am ok with, and they stated there's a reason for this. So we will see...
i'm ok with cyberpunk on a budget tbqh it sounds like a better way to deal with the 'voice in the head' premise than what cyberpunk's.

but it seems we'll have a choice of 4 geralts to play with. which is rather disheartening. and hopefully not all of them have the dumbest name ever. but somehow i doubt they dubbed this game 4 times with 4 different names.

Delterius

Arcane
where u find out that there will be 4 geralts? Can u give time code?
back when they announced that we play an elder with a backstory in seattle people itt became torn between how we would interprete their words. on one hand you had the potential disaster of a bloodlines 2 with a set protagonist and a set everything. on the other, there have been less than completely blank slates before.

bloodlines 2 could have been like the pillars of eternity scenes where your character talks about their past lives. it's set in stone that you were a cultist in the ancient world. but there was some light customization to go along with it. when you choose to say that your past life joined the cult for power, you retroactively decide that's what the past was like. and so on.

what we do know for sure is that the protagonist is voiced and that lou references them by name in that scene. apparently we also have 4 clans to pick from. pre alpha or not, it is very likely that 'phyre' is the name of the character we play and instead we get to choose what sort of clothes they wear that night. ie, the choice of clans is a choice of which version of phyre we'll play as.

i like the premise. but i don't think bl2 will be much like bl1.

jackofshadows

Magister
So previously it has been looking as modern cringe but actual sequel to bloodlines, now it's looking as that utter dogshit Swansong game plus some anime combat addition I guess. Man, what a time to be alive.

flyingjohn

Arcane
It is a achievement to create such bland voice acting/Animations that the fans are wondering are they Ai generated.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Curious if some people might return as a cameo? Christoff would of course be amusing.
Jack is supposed to lead a nomadic lifestyle, so could change cities naturally. Pisha would be another such character. They also made allusions to a yellow cab, and I assume it would have a driver...
umm no I killed Pisha for spreading fake news about Kristallnacht so it's not possible try again
Chunk will return, though, screencap this

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Step 1. Be a learning animal.

Step 2. Recognize patterns.

See this:

1698775898505.png

And this:

1698775919855.png

and this:

1698775966839.png

In the hands of modern writers and gamedevs. It's over.

Bulo

Scholar
Being forced to listen to something that you've already read and internalised is tedious, verging on irritating. Better to strip it altogether and leave voice lines to cutscenes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom