Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I want to see real gameplay narrated by devs. Thanks

There's a difference between saying how great your wife is when she's not around and saying the same thing when everyone else sees how fat and unkempt she is.
But you don't want to sell your wife to as many people as possible :)

RagingNomad

Educated
So, it looks like Cyberpunk 2077 for VtM story. I think its pretty good for all these development hell. And you can choose gender and customize it. Interesting, but animations looks strange.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You play as an assumed-Armenian named Phyre (you can be male or female but they only had the female option ready to show, giving away their preference). You have a thinblood named Fabian stuck in your head. Cyberpunk on a Budget.

RagingNomad

Educated
You play as an assumed-Armenian named Phyre (you can be male or female but they only had the female option ready to show, giving away their preference). You have a thinblood named Fabian stuck in your head. Cyberpunk on a Budget.
Interesting that CD Projects in the past said that they have character customization which was nothing in release. But here in contrast of CP77 I can see choose in dialogs. In CP77 you - angry or less angry.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You play as Skinwalker ?
He's Georgian. This would be ItsChon if he was actually born in Armenia (your character has an accent).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, what the fuck? Premade fully voiced PC with a very specific personality and motivations? I don't care if you can choose the shape of their genitals or what style of shoes they wear, this is fundamentally disappointing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait, what the fuck? Premade fully voiced PC with a very specific personality and motivations? I don't care if you can choose the shape of their genitals or what style of shoes they wear, this is fundamentally disappointing.

bloodlines2choice1iad6a.jpg

bloodlines2choice29bfdl.jpg

Well you can be mean, a rube, or somewhere in-between though it bothers me that these options aren't in the same place in both dialogues.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

RagingNomad

Educated
It was obvious. How can u play for elder with full character creation?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Having voiced protagoninst for the sequel of Bloodlines is such major blow..

All my hopes are gone for good. I kinda sad actually.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
:what:

At least if this game bombs at launch, I can call it dead on arrival like I did with Redfall.

It's no fun making a vampire game unless you embrace the puns.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Me back in 2022:
Paradox said they were cutting the budgets of all their externally-developed games in their last financial report. It's going to have a significantly lowered scope (not only because of that but because Paradox wants to ship something that isn't a dumpsterfire of code). I'd expect a 10-20 hour game with Bioware-style reactivity, likely with fewer clan choices/abilities than BL2 was going to have.

So far everything's lining up with my expectations. Also

Imagine if a new Bloodlines games ends up as a bargain bin Vampyr.

Still on the table. :)

Delterius

Arcane
At least post the video you cretins.

once upon a time in this very thread i uttered the dark curse 'i assume they aren't making witcher 3 the masquerade'. little did i know i summoned vampire 2077 into this world.

all the games i love die and i am so cursed that my pseudo catholic ancestors would burn me alive for having obviously spat on the holy cross itself in a past life

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Watched the video, and I am liking this premise and what I am seeing so far.

Lou was not what I was expecting. I was not expecting for her to "Oh hahaha! How delightful!" but possibly more sharp, direct and threatening. Still, she comes off as a complete bitch in how she is talking to me, ok with that.

Since I'm a total storyfag, I was curious how they were going to handle the lore, especially running around as an Elder. The Fabian thing I am ok with, and they stated there's a reason for this. So we will see...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Watched the video, and I am liking this premise and what I am seeing so far.

Lou was not what I was expecting. I was not expecting for her to "Oh hahaha! How delightful!" but possibly more sharp, direct and threatening. Still, she comes off as a complete bitch in how she is talking to me, ok with that.

Since I'm a total storyfag, I was curious how they were going to handle the lore, especially running around as an Elder. The Fabian thing I am ok with, and they stated there's a reason for this. So we will see...
Can't wait to play as an eldar,asserting me dominance over the pathetic kwan vamps buahahahahahha!!! Hope i get an option to play around as a high noble among shit covered peasants. But i doubt it,modern writers are too generic and just can't write a good characters. They just rewrite their real life surroundings and some cartoonist view on evul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom