Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Clan Reveal: Tremere

In case you were wondering how The Chinese Room succeeded in making Hardsuit Lab's version look good in comparison:

Y5Iv9te.png

In case you were wondering how The Chinese Room succeeded in making Hardsuit Lab's version look good in comparison:
Cara Ellison was also an advocate for the inclusion of cringenouns. There was never any "good" here.
I am not implying that either version is actually good. Both versions are shit and the development teams are both incompetent and woke, The Chinese Room just apparently more so.

KVVRR

Learned
man i remember reading people here talking about how playing as an elder might actually work if done correctly and having an overall skeptical yet hopeful look towards the future of the game

what the hell happened lmfao

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
man i remember reading people here talking about how playing as an elder might actually work if done correctly and having an overall skeptical yet hopeful look towards the future of the game

Oddly, this is actually the second game I’ve seen where centuries old vampires behave like zoomers. That’s not a lot, but it’s odd that it happened twice.

KVVRR

Learned

Oddly, this is actually the second game I’ve seen where centuries old vampires behave like zoomers. That’s not a lot, but it’s odd that it happened twice.
What's the other one?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

What's the other one?

Put your destiny in the hands of three centuries-old vampires in this LGBTQ+ dark comedy visual novel. Play as Noe, a normal human, fanfic writer, and lover of all things supernatural with a distinct lack of self-preservation, as they take a chance and enter the strange house on Dead End Drive with the hope that the rumors they’ve heard about its inhabitants are true. There they find Laurel, Ilyas, and Valeria, and they quickly discover that there’s no escape, but not all endings are fatal.

Valeria Andrei (She/They)
Laurel Portman (He/They)
Ilyas Al-Rai (He/Him)

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

What's the other one?

Put your destiny in the hands of three centuries-old vampires in this LGBTQ+ dark comedy visual novel. Play as Noe, a normal human, fanfic writer, and lover of all things supernatural with a distinct lack of self-preservation, as they take a chance and enter the strange house on Dead End Drive with the hope that the rumors they’ve heard about its inhabitants are true. There they find Laurel, Ilyas, and Valeria, and they quickly discover that there’s no escape, but not all endings are fatal.

Laurel Portman (He/They)
Ilyas Al-Rai (He/Him)

Is there any reliable introduction manual into pronouns? I’m starting to get confused.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

What's the other one?

Laurel Portman (He/They)
Ilyas Al-Rai (He/Him)

Is there any reliable introduction manual into pronouns? I’m starting to get confused.

Normal people don't use pronouns manuals. Avoid the rest.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

What's the other one?

Laurel Portman (He/They)
Ilyas Al-Rai (He/Him)

Thing is, nowadays it seems only zoomers are making games about vampires. They’re all like that now. Pronouns, bland boring characters, bland boring plots… I once spent twenty or thirty hours on one of these zoomer games trying to get my Bloodlines fix. (A different one from that linked above, don’t get confused.) Including multiple replays. It was deeply unsatisfying. Zoomers can’t write worth shit: Their characters are either boring or lolrandom, a far cry from Troika.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

What's the other one?

Laurel Portman (He/They)
Ilyas Al-Rai (He/Him)

Thing is, nowadays it seems only zoomers are making games about vampires. They’re all like that now. Pronouns, bland boring characters, bland boring plots… I once spent twenty or thirty hours on one of these zoomer games trying to get my Bloodlines fix. (A different one from that linked above, don’t get confused.) Including multiple replays. It was deeply unsatisfying. Zoomers can’t write worth shit: Their characters are either boring or lolrandom, a far cry from Troika.

Personally, I think that "zoomers" are the same invention as the other generations. It is not possible for all people born at one point in time to have the same characteristics. Rather, companies look for and employ people with stereotypical characteristics. However, this is a continuation, not a new quality. The change occurred first in the mentality of senior developers. Think Cliff Bleszinski or David Jaffe. Or him:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I clearly said "more incompetent and woke". And I am saying that, because the game looks even worse now. Sorry (not sorry) if you disagree.
You posted a picture of cringenouns even though the previous team also used cringenouns. So no, that would not be a reason why it looks worse.

I clearly said "more incompetent and woke". And I am saying that, because the game looks even worse now. Sorry (not sorry) if you disagree.
You posted a picture of cringenouns even though the previous team also used cringenouns. So no, that would not be a reason why it looks worse.
What are you trying to prove? That all degenerates that use "cringenouns" are equally incompetent?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom