Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Trashos sounds like your knives build doesnt have lazor pistol and versatility?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hm, all these posts are making me consider trying to go for an Ironman Playthrough of the game. I reload a metric fuck ton when I play Underrail to get through some fights, and now I'm wondering how the game would feel if I tried to keep it down to a minimum. Would probably require me to change up how I play through the game which would be tough, but could be fun to do with an overpowered build like Tin Can AR (have yet to ever play an AR build) or full Psi.
Try Ironman on Dominating :smug:

Trash Player

Scholar
Play dress up and craft, a lot. Majority of the game is plannable in advance. Someone on twitch can do it with a tranquility build past depot A regularly.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hm, all these posts are making me consider trying to go for an Ironman Playthrough of the game. I reload a metric fuck ton when I play Underrail to get through some fights, and now I'm wondering how the game would feel if I tried to keep it down to a minimum. Would probably require me to change up how I play through the game which would be tough, but could be fun to do with an overpowered build like Tin Can AR (have yet to ever play an AR build) or full Psi.

Not dooable. There's a roguelike buried somewhere in Underrail's character system, but the game isn't built that way ultimately. Gotta play Caves of Qud for the ironman experience.

Zeem

Learned

Not dooable. There's a roguelike buried somewhere in Underrail's character system, but the game isn't built that way ultimately. Gotta play Caves of Qud for the ironman experience.
It was already done a few times. Something like a high CON SMG build to smooth out the RNG was used IIRC.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Trump_h.png
Trump_l.png
Trump_s.png

Trashos

Arcane
I suddenly met Coral at lvl6, so I caved in and deleted her file as per online instructions in order to get rid of her completely. So I start a new game...

...and now I meet her at lvl10 in Rail Crossing. WTF?!

I guess my Electroshock Pistol Uber Scientist character will spend his time kissing a hopper foot charm.

Trashos

Arcane
"increases electrical damage TAKEN".... I assumed it meant "by me".

If nothing else, this is a good opportunity for me to do some testing with the charms. I just wish it didn't happen with this character.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I got bored and quit my tincan psycho metathermics-only run at level 25 in the Black Sea. Playing chempistol dex vers AGAIN (this time with Thought Control) and goodness, it's just so fun.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

If nothing else, this is a good opportunity for me to do some testing with the charms. I just wish it didn't happen with this character.
dont worry, charms are negligible even if you make them work

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, I really shouldn't read this thread. Makes me wanna play and I haven't played since before the Core City Factions update and I got other games that need playing.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, I really shouldn't read this thread. Makes me wanna play and I haven't played since before the Core City Factions update and I got other games that need playing.
Play it again you little slut. It's better than anything you have on the docket.

jackofshadows

Magister
I can't craft for shit but I got money. What's a place to buy shield emitters ?
If didn't get to Core City etc yet then nowhere by now (although it might be obtainable in random loot in a few places). If you got past Depot A then MQ store near rail crossing, electro store in Core City, a certain spoiler trader, electro store in Foundry, store at Tchortists (but that's much later in the game) and then there're Core City factions stores but I guess you didn't get to them yet as well. You can also do the quest for Gorsky when he'll ask you to find him in Core City and you will get one as a reward.

Trashos

Arcane

Coretech sells good shields. But you need to join them and do their quests in order to get access.

Getting a reasonable shield by killing: In Core City, on the merchant level, go north from the merchants, go north from Jon the Beautiful, and there is a guy who guards a ladder that goes down. He has a decent shield (for middle game), if you can kill him.
(His mates downstairs also have shields iirc.)

Sykar

Arcane

dont worry, charms are negligible even if you make them work
Strictly speaking tattoos are also negligible as well but at least they do not waste AP and a quick slot to work, ugh.

Trashos

Arcane
Well, I like to go 100% critical chance with my SI builds (not because it is optimal, but because it makes things more deterministic). So if I find any effect for the hopper foot, it can save me some spec points.

Zeem

Learned
Looted/bought shield emitters suck a lot compared to crafted ones, so I would advise you to invest in electronics and make them yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom