Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Crawler behavior seems to have changed.

Someone correct me if I missed something, but there's no longer any point to curing their poison. After they sting you, they immediately crawl up to the ceiling and vanish as usual. If you cure the poison, they'll simply sting you and immediately crawl up to the ceiling once again. You only get an opportunity to hit them if you allow yourself to become stunned, after which they smash most of the batteries out of your shield. If you aren't a stealthy character/don't have a high Detection, it seems that now the only way to avoid this is to play Battleship with grenades/psi powers and hope for the best.

Is this a new "consumables tax" strategy, or what?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hmm fuck.. im proper getting fucked up at depot a.. muties hurt :P Maybe I should've gone full psi

or smnt

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hmm fuck.. im proper getting fucked up at depot a.. muties hurt :P Maybe I should've gone full psi

or smnt

Weren't you talking shit to me just a few pages ago?

Don't worry, Depot A is tough for everyone, and anyone who says it isn't is a bragging, lying shitbag. Stealthers with lots of traps might have it the easiest, if they play their cards right.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Crawler behavior seems to have changed.

Someone correct me if I missed something, but there's no longer any point to curing their poison. After they sting you, they immediately crawl up to the ceiling and vanish as usual. If you cure the poison, they'll simply sting you and immediately crawl up to the ceiling once again. You only get an opportunity to hit them if you allow yourself to become stunned, after which they smash most of the batteries out of your shield. If you aren't a stealthy character/don't have a high Detection, it seems that now the only way to avoid this is to play Battleship with grenades/psi powers and hope for the best.

Is this a new "consumables tax" strategy, or what?

Sometimes they'll reappear after one tick of the poison. Which is usually enough to burst them down. Most of the time they just stay on the ceiling until I'm stunned though, yes. They don't do all that much damage to my shield anyway, but I got a pretty good one from a Faceless early on.
How much Detection do you need to see them reliably? I'm at 135 and it's not enough

Ent

Savant

or smnt

Don't worry, Depot A is tough for everyone, and anyone who says it isn't is a bragging, lying shitbag. Stealthers with lots of traps might have it the easiest, if they play their cards right.
Man I remember being able to kill the mutants in a single round before psi got reworked - of course the changes to the oddity system also means I was a lower level when I was dealing with the junkyard quests. In a way I think its better as I have to use things like traps to distract and using stealth in ways other then being an initiation tool.

On an unrelated note, whats a good amount of perception to have for an smg user? My characters mainly a knife guy with max dex but I think the smg might add quite a bit of burst in certain situations.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Ok, where should I look for some armor that has acid resistance or the materials to build one?
You could look for mutated dog skin or siphoner skin. Mutated dogs can be found in the old Junkyard area, the one where you need to look for drill parts. But they are probably the reason you need the resistance in the first place. Siphoners are hidding in lakes south of junkyard. They will jump at you when you get close to lakes.

Alright, I've managed to get some mutated dog leather but need to raise my chemistry before I can craft the armor. Thanks for the advice.

or smnt

I think if you get acid gear (even the normal metal armor for my sledge heavy was enough), it's pretty doable. Then again heavy + juggernaut is ezmode.

Now I'm thinking about a heavy build with juggernaut to offset the psi penalty...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And the worst part is when you accidentally set off a trap and with the sound system they all come running at you. I found a chokepoint which made it much easier.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

or smnt

Talking shit to you? Lol what. You're delusional, pal. I never said Depot A wasn't really hard. Alas, the previous build from alpha could use some refining. Now I'm starting to think a higher perception might do the trick or agility.

Lhynn

Arcane
Wanted my hammer dude to be as tanky as possible so I went with high constitution along with evasion and dodge but they're supposedly useless once you get better armors? Isn't there a happy medium that utilize both armor and defensive skills?

They're don't become useless, but they (along with movement points) are reduced by your armor penalty. You can use the heaviest armor and also pump high Evasion and Dodge, maybe throw Nimble and crafting feats/materials that reduce armor penalty into the mix, but instead of enemies missing a lot, they'll only miss occasionally (with little or no Evasion or Dodge, they almost never miss).

Realistically, you should probably choose one or the other, and avoid anything heavier than tactical vests if relying mostly on Dodge and Evasion. That's the happy medium; maybe even riot armor with Nimble and fairly low armor penalty.

What, you want to wear a boulder and also dodge everything like a lynx? I bet you're one of those guys who like to dual-wield tower shields in fantasy RPGs.
Na, they never miss, enemies offensive skill goes up as you progress in the game and take on stronger dudes. Having an already maxed defensive skill makes it so that theyll have around 80%+ to hit you anyway, with less than maxed their weapon skill will override your dodge easily and theyll have 95% to hit you, whether you have invested in defense or not. Better to skip and put the points towards something good, like more crafting skills. Maybe after the starting areas this changes, but im not expecting it to change a whole lot, not when it matters anyway.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Crawlers do not vanish after getting to the ceiling but they hide behind obstacles, so you can run around pillars and similar objects where they could hide, until you bump in them.

Ent

Savant
Wanted my hammer dude to be as tanky as possible so I went with high constitution along with evasion and dodge but they're supposedly useless once you get better armors? Isn't there a happy medium that utilize both armor and defensive skills?

They're don't become useless, but they (along with movement points) are reduced by your armor penalty. You can use the heaviest armor and also pump high Evasion and Dodge, maybe throw Nimble and crafting feats/materials that reduce armor penalty into the mix, but instead of enemies missing a lot, they'll only miss occasionally (with little or no Evasion or Dodge, they almost never miss).

Realistically, you should probably choose one or the other, and avoid anything heavier than tactical vests if relying mostly on Dodge and Evasion. That's the happy medium; maybe even riot armor with Nimble and fairly low armor penalty.

What, you want to wear a boulder and also dodge everything like a lynx? I bet you're one of those guys who like to dual-wield tower shields in fantasy RPGs.
Na, they never miss, enemies offensive skill goes up as you progress in the game and take on stronger dudes. Having an already maxed defensive skill makes it so that theyll have around 80%+ to hit you anyway, with less than maxed their weapon skill will override your dodge easily and theyll have 95% to hit you, whether you have invested in defense or not. Better to skip and put the points towards something good, like more crafting skills. Maybe after the starting areas this changes, but im not expecting it to change a whole lot, not when it matters anyway.
Really? thats a bummer. I guess the only reason to put points into dodge and evade is for skill prereqs then?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lol, somehow I managed to cheese my way through the muties and let them spring all the traps :D

And uhm, why can't I open that big gate to the depot A? I have high hacking, intelligence and electornics.. yet when I try to click the electronic lock.. nothing happens

I even hacked the console security thing.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Lol, somehow I managed to cheese my way through the muties and let them spring all the traps :D

And uhm, why can't I open that big gate to the depot A? I have high hacking, intelligence and electornics.. yet when I try to click the electronic lock.. nothing happens

You need a keycard for this gate.

Lhynn

Arcane
Really? thats a bummer. I guess the only reason to put points into dodge and evade is for skill prereqs then?
Yes, but there should be better feats available than those they provide.
Im on like my 6 character and ive been playing for 2 days. Rerolling in this game is extremely fun.

Mac_Orion there is a slight freeze in the game when you kill things that are about to drop remains.

hmm, shouldn't be, what's your sys config? Check how much ram the game uses.
Alright, will do. I think Mr. Pink was having the same issue

Not hackable.

Ent

Savant
Yes, but there should be better feats available than those they provide.
Im on like my 6 character and ive been playing for 2 days. Rerolling in this game is extremely fun.

Mac_Orion there is a slight freeze in the game when you kill things that are about to drop remains.

hmm, shouldn't be, what's your sys config? Check how much ram the game uses.
Alright, will do. I think Mr. Pink was having the same issue
I feel like fancy footwork is really nice - tho maybe reducing my agility to 5 just to keep slealth in an okay spot might be good - maybe put more into perception. Do you prefer throwing or traps btw? I feel like I need an AOE options for certain situations.

jimmy_pvish

Savant
Try to figure out what is the best formula to craft energy shield.

My glass cannon build (Max will/dex + dump str/con + Melee + Psi + Tactical Vest + No dodge/evasion) seem to have the short end of the stick.

Plan B - maybe change armor to Riot Gear (raise str to 4 to meet minimum req) to get better melee soak and craft Highx2 energy shield?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Not hackable.

Then why is it even there? If you can't do a damn thing about it :(

Not hackable.

Then why is it even there? If you can't do a damn thing about it :(
You can - you can get the keycard to open it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I really hope that is not the case or two whole skills are useless and makes the fast light fighter archetype useless. You should be able to make yourself get to 50% dodge chance with maxed skill vs similar level enemies.

I really hope that is not the case or two whole skills are useless and makes the fast light fighter archetype useless. You should be able to make yourself get to 50% dodge chance with maxed skill vs similar level enemies.
I'd wait for someone else to confirm - that doesn't sound right to me.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Try to figure out what is the best formula to craft energy shield.

Low+Low Frec modules? This is work good against melee and crossbows (but those little buggers, burrower spawns sadly doesn't affected by this).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom