Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Light armour with guns runs into the issue that you don't have any in built crowd control or stuns unless you branch out the flashbangs or a taser, you are also loud in combat so where crossbows or psi can stealth and engage one at a time later on light Armour doesn't have that so you need to pick up throwing for crowd control, which combined with evasion and dodge sink take sup skill points so your left with having to pick either less science skills or miss out on lockpicking as you need stealth for dictating engagements so that's another skill sink

Non PSI toons don't have built in CC, regardless of light or heavy armor. But it does have a very important one, bear trap in a door way. In term of sinks, you max DEX and start with high AGI, so you have very cheap investment in key skills such as throwing, lockpicking and trapping. So no, you don't have skillpoint issues. My end game toon has 3 maxed crafting branches by the end game, while having maxed gun, evasion, dodge, 130 hacking, lockpicking and traps. 100 throwing.

Stealth is completely unnecessary when you have high initiative and mobility. You get to dictate when and where a fight breaks out. I don't even need to take out anyone before the fight. Nothing can screw you if you get to go first and run very far.

i just think its a skill poor build that requires way too many necessary skills you have to take, it doesn't give you much to play around with.

Funny, this is exactly what I think of heavy armor builds and AR builds, given you need to start with stats that doesn't benefit your skills in anyway shape or form(STR and CON) and heavily investing in a skill that is based on a stat that you dump in(DEX).

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
There's no question in my mind that the strongest/easiest build in the game is stealth omni-psi with high mobility.

It has its weaknesses, the main one being that without the element of surprise and initiative it can be torn apart like sopping wet tissue paper being clawed by a grizzly bear, but nine times out of ten the fight's over (or nearly over) before enemies have the opportunity to exploit those weaknesses.

How do you do the Arke Power Station fight or ROF fight? How was clearing of faceless DC encampment?

I ran a tank psi and I gave up on the char at DC. Way too annoying.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Guise, why do the protectorate fags attack me suddenly?

I just completed the quest at Epione labs (got rid of the free fags) and came back to report to Cathcart, but I get attacked at the second level by some Branco guy. I tried without having guns equipped, but that didn't do anything and I can move normally at the first level even with equipped guns.

I just updated to 1.0.0.10 from 1.0.0.7, maybe that fucked up something?

Edit: Nevermind, I had the cloaking device on the belt (inactive, though) and it seems they didn't like that.
I could swear I could get to that level with guns and everything after I joined them, but not anymore.

:hmmm:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
How do you do the Arke Power Station fight or ROF fight? How was clearing of faceless DC encampment?

Arke was extremely easy, a cinch really. For the most part I simply speed-stealthed (Interloper, plus 30% stealth-inclusive movement speed bonus from infused leather gear) wherever I pleased, waltzing right past bots as the cameras called them; when I did engage the robots, I used Proxy, Implosion, Telekinetic Punch, Electrokinesis, and Electrokinetic Imprint. I eventually cleared out the whole place. I had high Hacking too, so I could deactivate the security system as needed.

If by ROF you mean Robot Assembly Facility, I simply hacked the security system. Had I fought the robots, I imagine I would have gone all-out with stims, used Electrokinesis liberally, used Force Field to recoup cooldowns and such, and if necessary, a bit of exit cheesing to recharge (though I doubt that would have been necessary).

I didn't clear out the Faceless in DC, only the Tchortists. I dunno how that would have gone.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Light armour with guns runs into the issue that you don't have any in built crowd control
Not really, you can do 3-4-5 bursts per turn depending on weapon and heavy assault rifles can kill multiple enemies per turn because burst shoots in a cone. You just use use Hit&Run and GunRush waltzing from enemy to enemy.
No in-built cc? Well, uh build it in? SpecOps is for guns and it reduces CD on stun grenades, or add Grenadier = you're set.

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter

Arke was extremely easy, a cinch really. For the most part I simply speed-stealthed (Interloper, plus 30% stealth-inclusive movement speed bonus from infused leather gear) wherever I pleased, waltzing right past bots as the cameras called them; when I did engage the robots, I used Proxy, Implosion, Telekinetic Punch, Electrokinesis, and Electrokinetic Imprint. I eventually cleared out the whole place. I had high Hacking too, so I could deactivate the security system as needed.

If by ROF you mean Robot Assembly Facility, I simply hacked the security system. Had I fought the robots, I imagine I would have gone all-out with stims, used Electrokinesis liberally, used Force Field to recoup cooldowns and such, and if necessary, a bit of exit cheesing to recharge (though I doubt that would have been necessary).

I didn't clear out the Faceless in DC, only the Tchortists. I dunno how that would have gone.

I meant the fight against the AI.

Old One

Arcane
I managed to get an oddity by fishing. Interesting. It was only a Trilobite Fossil, which are plentiful anyway, but I hadn't filled my quota yet, so it was kind of cool.

My new fishing tactic is to leave two rods permanently on each pier at SGS, Junkyard, Camp Hathor, and Core City. Every time I travel by boat, I stop and catch a few fish before I go run my errands.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm still missing 4 out of 10 for the fishing quest, does it matter where you fish?

Also has anybody got a bug where you randomly get stuck on terrain and lose stealth?

Gord

Arcane
I'm still missing 4 out of 10 for the fishing quest, does it matter where you fish?

Also has anybody got a bug where you randomly get stuck on terrain and lose stealth?

Yes, I think different areas have different fish. I wasn't able to find a Ghostface in Lower or Upper Underrail, btw. - 2nd catch in DC was a Ghostface. :M

I don't play a stealth char, so I can't comment on the losing stealth thing, but I do get stuck on terrain sometimes while walking around.

Also, DC can get tedious indeed...

Old One

Arcane
I'm convinced it's partially level-based, but I've found several places to catch Phantom Jellies, which are the hardest to get. Slackjaws seem to be really hard to find in the SGS/Junkyard area, but they're plentiful elsewhere. Everything else (except the Ghostface, which everyone says is only catchable in the DC) is pretty easy to find. I've had good luck fishing in odd, out-of-the-way places, for example:
1) the pool with the crystal on Silent Isle
2) the pool in the caves under Buzzer's shop
3) the pool created when you flood the Camp Hathor mines (I caught 6 shrimp in a row out of this one)
I'm always after Anglerfish for the Fusing Enzyme.

Gord

Arcane
One place where I sadly forgot to fish was that one island you go to during
the quest from the Tchortists where you are supposed to investigate the monster sightings

It can only reached once, afaik.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Just remembered that I still had a save from there.
Tried fishing for a few minutes, catched a lot of the common stuff (Blue Eel, Minihead, Puckerfish) and several Walking Fish, Shrimps and Anglerfish.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Quick question; is going to DC at level 20 a bad idea?

I've done most quest lines I can think of on my latest character and I'm only just level 20. Not really sure whether to try and dig up oddities or just go for the end.

Nines

Learned
Just when I thought the game doesn't have anything in its sleeves anymore,

it introduces the Institute. Probably the best location in the game, very beautiful, lots of interesting NPCs, interesting quests, etc. The only drawbacks for me are the lack of crafting skill checks in the Investigation departments, and lots of screen transitions. I was also surprised that no one gave you a robe. They could've placed it in the container along with the medallion.
ucHb.png
giphy.gif

Nines

Learned
From my experience there are 2 kinds of fishing spots, with a slightly different set of fishes. You can distinguish one from the other by catching a Slackjaw. Slackjaw spots also have Phantom Jelly, which is a bitch to catch. Ghostface is in the very end of the game.

7cHb.png
:australia::shredder:

Gord

Arcane
I did comb through most of the game areas again to gather enough (oddity) XP to reach lvl 22 before going to DC, but ultimately I think your equipment is probably more important at this point than raising your skills by a few %. YMMV.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I did comb through most of the game areas again to gather enough (oddity) XP to reach lvl 22 before going to DC, but ultimately I think your equipment is probably more important at this point than raising your skills by a few %. YMMV.

Yes craft yourself your own gear or you will be at the mercy of Dlablo like random loot generator; although some unique gear like CAUS armor and this Assault gun you found in DC are almost as good.

Modron

Arcane
It can only reached once, afaik.
I didn't try that place either. By the time I got there I had all the quest fish except for the Ghostface. I'll try it this time around (I'm doing tons of fishing this game, Odin help me).

Spent a considerable time fishing on the forbidden isle, no Ghostface for me there. Has anyone actually gotten a ghostface anywhere other then the Deep Caverns?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom