Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Zumbabul

Savant
I finished the base game. I knew it'd end in cliffhanger but kinda disappointed there is almost a zero resolution to the plot or even any answer.

1. What happened 10 years ago.
2. What is abandoned children project. There are some hints regarding this, it seems the destruction of 'alley' and the whole shebang is related. Part of the abandoned children project is causing chaos in wind wall district by manipulating the gangs and indirectly taking advantage of albus and his team to bolster election for the incumbent mayor and gain support for troubleshooter system. How this connect to alley i don't know. But judging by the story it also connect to ESP research institute to get free humant test subject like leton. Destroy the town, have bunch of kids orphaned, scour for ESP users then invite them to lab.
3. Spoonist. It is heavily implied ramijist is the founder and the first spoon, but spoonage is also one of lily's project in the ending credit slide. What their aim and why carter take over it is unknown.
4. What is vendetta's aim in wind wall district.
I think that's all the major ones.

Still an amazing game, i will dive into the DLCs asap

1. BIG BOOM!!! A lot of people gathered in one place, and the explosion happened. The game hints that it was artificial. We don't have exact info how it happened. In the community, the current conspiracy theory is that it happened due to the power resonance. Some tin foil experts claim that it is due to the resonance between ESP people, others that the government arranged the explosion.

2. Gather all people that are unhappy with the government policy, and move them away from the city by their own volition. It is also hinted that the government plans to use them for something after they leave the city, but it is not clear what exactly. One of the conspiracy theory is that government want them to kill silently, other theory claims that they want to use spoonist as an army to gain control over fortress of suffering.

3. Yes, Ramjist kind of "founded" the spoonism. But the government "hacked" it. Edward infiltrated his bodyguard Robert into spoonism. Robert eventually became Sharky2. The intent was to gain control over spoonism. However, Robert (Sharky2) decided to fuck up the government and tried to save the spoonists because government plan were too evil.

4. Edward hired vendetta to supervise the project. Their job was to keep balance between the gangs and spoonist. Also, once the spoonist leave, vendetta should weaken the remaining gangs to restore order back. That is why marco was hunting white tigers leaders. That is why Marco contacted Ryo. Ryo was killing spoonist, which complicated the job for Marco. And that is why Marco saved Albus, when Mertz tried to snipe Albus (the shot you hear is the Marco's shot that killed Mertz).

The story in this game is very cryptic. In my opinion, you cannot totally understand it during one playthrough. It is told in random order. Some bits of the story are hidden in thoughts bubbles or in the item description. The story is kind of an ester egg.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
thats a main reason why spirit + earth sp are so great. easy to get block shred

first dlc has some nasty encounters which will probably annihilate you but figuring out builds is the main thing going for troubleshooter

90% of my current playing time is staring at mastery board

Rafidur

Learned
Something like a dark draki baron with sharp spirit will absolutely... clown on high block enemies.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
[Notice] Contents Update and System Maintenance Announcement
eda59e6f22dae9091c42b1dee2691f75e404d23c.jpg

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We beg to inform you that the game contents update and system maintenance.

• During the maintenance, players who use the Online mode can't play the game.
  • Please end the game normally before the maintenance begins.
  • During the maintenance, players who use the Offline mode can play the game.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: January 11th, 2023
  • Wednesday 09:00 ~ 11:00 CET
  • Wednesday 17:00 ~ 19:00 JST
  • Wednesday 00:00 ~ 02:00 PST
  • Wednesday 08:00 ~ 10:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added a new Normal Case, 'Uninvited guest in the town'.
    - This mission is activated on the Mission Control Panel once you complete the scenario mission 'Got a Clue'.
  • Added an information telling current status of Mimicking Attack and Mimicking Evasion on the HUD. You can check enemy's Mimicking Attack and Mimicking Evasion on an enemy's information windows after you click an enemy.
  • Added an information for the enemies in the Joint Training to the Troublemaker List.
    - Once you activate the Joint Training, you can check new tab on the Troublemaker List.
    - You can acquire the Valkylie Coin from the enemy information of the Joint Training tab.
  • Added '15 degree' value to the option Camera Rotation Angle.
  • Added new Steam Achivements.
    - Bald Black Eyepatch
    - Bald White Hat

• Changed the abilities configuration of Fighter Mungo, Swordman Mungo, Slaughterer Mungo and White Mask.

• Changed some abilities.
    • Sion:
      - Lightning Storm is now 6 consecutive attack ability.
      - Attack Power Scaling and EMP Power Scaling of Flash Kick was 100, 50 respectively. And it has been modified to 125, 25 respectively.
    • Leton:
      - Frostmill now has unblockable property.
      - Frost Storm Kick is now 8 consecutive attack ability.

• Changed some masteries.
    • Best Condition: Changed Action Time decreasing effect from 10 to 5.
    • Prosperity: Changed Action Time decreasing effect from 10 to 5 and changed the required TP from 2 to 1.
    • Toad Skin, Healthy Body, Lightning Rod, Snowman, Inner flame, Tough Spirit: Added an effect Vigor + 2
    • Activation condition of Apex Predator has been changed: 'is higher than' → 'is lower than'
      89588f4de9e0f332c6d6e1ab74b67cd7c0b39b7a.png
  • Changed the some stats of the beasts when they get level up.
    - Mungo and Crabmit are not included.
    - There is little change in the lower level intervals. However, at higher levels, stats increase slightly.
    -
    [Edited]
    This change makes base stats of the beasts to be slightly decreased and the stats that acquired when they get level up to be slightly increased. Based on the level 57, there could be a stat that is lowered than before. But based on the level 60, their stat will be slightly higher.
    - It also applies to beasts you already own.
  • Changed the 'Mastery Research' shows newly acquired masteries on their top.
  • Changed the initial camera directing for the ability to be affected by the option 'Minimize Camera Movement'.

• Fixed a bug that controller guide menu was not showed when you use a specific screen resolution.
  • Fixed a bug that camera directing was omitted when the legend class Mungo appeared.
Thank you.

Best Condition: Changed Action Time decreasing effect from 10 to 5.
Quite huge change considered most of characters use this one

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh weew. Finally completed that first DLC mission and level 46V mission.

That level 46 one was especially cruel with so many snipers with support shots. I tried around 3 times each while tweaking my mastery sets.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

Maintenance Schedule

Update Details:
    - This mission is activated on the Mission Control Panel once you complete the scenario mission 'Got a Clue'.
  • Added an information telling current status of Mimicking Attack and Mimicking Evasion on the HUD. You can check enemy's Mimicking Attack and Mimicking Evasion on an enemy's information windows after you click an enemy.
  • Added an information for the enemies in the Joint Training to the Troublemaker List.
    - Once you activate the Joint Training, you can check new tab on the Troublemaker List.
    - You can acquire the Valkylie Coin from the enemy information of the Joint Training tab.
    - Bald Black Eyepatch
    - Bald White Hat

• Changed the abilities configuration of Fighter Mungo, Swordman Mungo, Slaughterer Mungo and White Mask.

• Sion:
      - Attack Power Scaling and EMP Power Scaling of Flash Kick was 100, 50 respectively. And it has been modified to 125, 25 respectively.
    • Leton:

• Prosperity: Changed Action Time decreasing effect from 10 to 5 and changed the required TP from 2 to 1.
    • Toad Skin, Healthy Body, Lightning Rod, Snowman, Inner flame, Tough Spirit: Added an effect Vigor + 2
    • Activation condition of Apex Predator has been changed: 'is higher than' → 'is lower than'
    - There is little change in the lower level intervals. However, at higher levels, stats increase slightly.
    -
    [Edited]
    This change makes base stats of the beasts to be slightly decreased and the stats that acquired when they get level up to be slightly increased. Based on the level 57, there could be a stat that is lowered than before. But based on the level 60, their stat will be slightly higher.
  • Changed the initial camera directing for the ability to be affected by the option 'Minimize Camera Movement'.

• Fixed a bug that controller guide menu was not showed when you use a specific screen resolution.
  • Fixed a bug that camera directing was omitted when the legend class Mungo appeared.
Thank you.

The devs ought to be told that their translator is sabotaging their announcements

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Maintenance Schedule

Update Details:
    - Bald Black Eyepatch
    - Bald White Hat

• Sion:
    • Leton:

-
    [Edited]

Thank you.

The devs ought to be told that their translator is sabotaging their announcements
Do you want more apologies?
Because that's how you get more apologies.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i don't remember any crpg with good memorable music after fucking icewind dale and it was decades ago. it's just same generic shit.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
What the hell is this trailer music, are all JRPGs like this?
What? You mean awesome? No, not all JRPGs are awesome or have awesome music.

[snip]
It's especially true for a cheap korean copy of this proper piece.

i don't remember any crpg with good memorable music after fucking icewind dale and it was decades ago. it's just same generic shit.
IWD: 2000

Morrowind: 2002

Bloodlines: 2004

WOW: 2004 (some)

Kenshi: 2018 (kinda meh, but has good moments)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Excluding Japanese-developed games, Morrowind might have been the last RPG with a good soundtrack for quite some time, but even that post-dates Icewind Dale. Outward from 2019 had a notable score, with different music for each region and different tracks for daytime and nighttime, especially in the Chersonese (snowy) and Enmerkar (forest) zones.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What the hell is this trailer music, are all JRPGs like this?

The music in Troubleshooter is a real mixed bag, there are some very nice pieces, quirky and charming (like the string quartet and accordion that chug away as you load into a new zone), and some rather lovely, romantic classical piano sounding things and vaguely jazzy things, and there are one or two "epic" sounding tracks that sound great. But some of the more "rock" pieces and electronica-ish pieces that have come with the most recent updates - well, they're for connoisseurs only, let's put it that way :)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
ok, i can confidently beat up clowns and mercs now. everyone is level 50-51 have masteries that shred their ridiculous block and high crit chance. but putting those aside, they are easier than the level 46 V case with 12 snipers that can attack simultaneously in 1 turn due to support fire.

TheSoul

Scholar

If we're talking about the soundtrack, I like a lot of the more mellow tracks. Dandelion is probably my other favorite

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
those destron in V50. i thought i got the DLC content covered with current setup, the black one especially just destroyed me and i just retreated after managing half the bosses. i managed to kill the white and red one, but the black one just resist everything i throw at it. i barely managed the other by freezing the white and black, then concentrating my fire to the red. then attack both frozen white and black simultaneously, the white eventually got down, but the black just kept regenerating and resisting everything.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
So i am having trouble with the mission where bianca and alisa trying to escape clowns after seeing dimitri. Running is impossible due to the enemy density fighting works by luring the enemies into the rooftops but eventually they overwhelm me or rng fucked me. Been trying for 3 hours now

Zumbabul

Savant
So i am having trouble with the mission where bianca and alisa trying to escape clowns after seeing dimitri. Running is impossible due to the enemy density fighting works by luring the enemies into the rooftops but eventually they overwhelm me or rng fucked me. Been trying for 3 hours now

Alisa as a barbarian should be able to kill them all. If you are running a white knight, you may consider switching to a barbarian.

Bianca as a black mage should be able to chain kill them very effectively. Use 1s1k + catharsis, magic stamp, giant hunter, and stack black mage masteries for damage.

As a witch, you may try to mind controls the enemies. Equip hellgate + second/third heart.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
it got easier after i realized destroying the jammer means checkpoint

Bianca as a black mage should be able to chain kill them very effectively. Use 1s1k + catharsis, magic stamp, giant hunter, and stack black mage masteries for damage.
i have this
Alisa as a barbarian should be able to kill them all. If you are running a white knight, you may consider switching to a barbarian.
yeah i'll try barbarian build. WK is kinda underwhelming and just a worse albus.

but in the end it came down to the right position to cheese and bit of luck. for me it's in the upper corner of the starting area on the balcony above where the mercenaries and jeff are. if i killed jeff, the rest of the mercs are melees so i can just cheese them by blocking the ladder. after that, slowly kiting enemies in other areas and the rest just take care of itself

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Wk is probably my least favorite class and arguably not strong as barbarian
Barbarian is kinda tricky to play you want to get into 33% hp so you get shitload of damage reduction + final resistance to block everything
If you have company skill safety first it works great for barbarian
Also barbarian set armor gives 20% damage reduction when in rage you should get that at least (ideally you want to get 3 piece set bonus from that). Using full set is fine also

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i think i spent the last 6 hours of playtime optimizing my builds. finally got into crafting after crafting the berserker set for alisa which has pretty crazy effect. kylie finally caught up in damage department because her items are crafted only. i have been using her more as a support because i only have been using mono vivi default+1 .gonna test it in the 54V

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom