Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Level scaling, and trying to work around it, was the most engaging aspect of Oblivion.

Zlaja

Arcane

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
RPGs are a dying genre and the rotting pus from their corpse has ruined more games than there were ever good RPGs. Constant story interruptions and drip feeding you stat increases has made modern gaming a slog and RPGs did it first.
go play FIFA then, newfag casual
FIFA is an RPG, maybe even the best RPG ever made

You're confusing FIFA with Football Manager.
FIFA is a football manager RPG

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The fact that there seems to be as much interest in Wrath of the Furries & BG3: Bear Grappler as there is in the masterpiece that is King Arthur: Knight's Tale, says a lot about the Codex in its current form.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
RPGs are a dying genre and the rotting pus from their corpse has ruined more games than there were ever good RPGs. Constant story interruptions and drip feeding you stat increases has made modern gaming a slog and RPGs did it first.

You take a team of characters and play matches with them to increase their stats. That's the core of an RPG there.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

You take a team of characters and play matches with them to increase their stats. That's the core of an RPG there.
this guy isn't even joking

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Can you imagine someone going onto a cycling forum called some shit like "CycleWorld", going into a thread titled "trigger cycleworld with a statement", and typing "bicycles suck!"
Yes I can.
I'm waiting for a volunteer to do it. Codexers - don't disappoint me! :smug:
https://www.cycleworld.com - unfortunately, it seems that they've closed their forum a few years ago. F***g decline. Any forum about bicycles will do.

The Jester

Cipher
I enjoy Oblivion.
09e48dddb4dafb39431e79ab69d9e049.jpg

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm 40 minutes into Indy 5, and it's actually not bad so far. Other than the close-ups of cgi Harrison Ford.

I'm starting to think you guys don't like real adventure movies. You shit on Uncharted and Solo, you shit on this movie...

UndeadHalfOrc

Novice
I'm probably not gonna make any friends with this post, but here goes...

1) The Might & Magic series as a whole trounces the Wizardry series. Every Might and Magic release since the first one is superior to its closest Wizardry contemporary, with the sole excepion of MM9 vs Wizardry 8.
Even what most people consider the 2 best entries, Wizardry 6 and 7, don't hold a candle to MM2, MM3 and World of Xeen.
Wizardry 6's sole tile set is gray stones, even you go into a "forest". They had time to draw pixellated boobs, so they had time to draw a decent 2nd tile set. MM1 came out in 1986 and had 6-7 different tile sets! And I'm not even mentioning MM2 which came out in 1989, also before Wiz6.
Wizardry 7 makes you fight (or talk to) annoying rat men for the entirety of the game. I swear for a super long game, most encounters are either rat men, orcs, or those blonde chicks on hover bikes.

2) Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are great..... but the joinable NPCs are retarded. Their lines are 100% pure annoyance and their stats suck compared to my team.
I create my own party from scratch in "multiplayer" mode ( 5 out of 6 characters), and move the save game in the single player saved game folder.
Romances can eat shit. Jaheira can eat shit.
That dumb, bald guy with the rodent is dead as soon as I encounter him.
BG2 should have put dialog options when you first meet them: "I thought I killed you. Aren't you dead?"

3) The entire Ultima series, except for the Ultima Underworld games, is shit.
Shit BORING combat, shit ability system, shit level up system, tons of game breaking bugs. ESPECIALLY Ultima 7 part 2.
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 are the only good games bearing the Ultima name.

4) Elder Scrolls is complete shit. Not even worth playing. Elder Scrolls fans have been the most annoying sycophants ever since the 2nd one, Daggerfall, back in the mid-90s. Morrowind is also shit. Everything Bethesda has ever touched turned to shit, with the exception of Fallout New Vegas.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm probably not gonna make any friends with this post, but here goes...

1) The Might & Magic series as a whole trounces the Wizardry series. Every Might and Magic release since the first one is superior to its closest Wizardry contemporary, with the sole excepion of MM9 vs Wizardry 8.
Even what most people consider the 2 best entries, Wizardry 6 and 7, don't hold a candle to MM2, MM3 and World of Xeen.
Wizardry 6's sole tile set is gray stones, even you go into a "forest". They had time to draw pixellated boobs, so they had time to draw a decent 2nd tile set. MM1 came out in 1986 and had 6-7 different tile sets! And I'm not even mentioning MM2 which came out in 1989, also before Wiz6.
Wizardry 7 makes you fight (or talk to) annoying rat men for the entirety of the game. I swear for a super long game, most encounters are either rat men, orcs, or those blonde chicks on hover bikes.

2) Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are great..... but the joinable NPCs are retarded. Their lines are 100% pure annoyance and their stats suck compared to my team.
I create my own party from scratch in "multiplayer" mode ( 5 out of 6 characters), and move the save game in the single player saved game folder.
Romances can eat shit. Jaheira can eat shit.
That dumb, bald guy with the rodent is dead as soon as I encounter him.
BG2 should have put dialog options when you first meet them: "I thought I killed you. Aren't you dead?"

3) The entire Ultima series, except for the Ultima Underworld games, is shit.
Shit BORING combat, shit ability system, shit level up system, tons of game breaking bugs. ESPECIALLY Ultima 7 part 2.
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 are the only good games bearing the Ultima name.

4) Elder Scrolls is complete shit. Not even worth playing. Elder Scrolls fans have been the most annoying sycophants ever since the 2nd one, Daggerfall, back in the mid-90s. Morrowind is also shit. Everything Bethesda has ever touched turned to shit, with the exception of Fallout New Vegas.
Where is the trigger statement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom