Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If only the brazilian RPG market had that kind of vitality...
Eh, in the 2000's we had bazzilions of BR books and netbooks being published, but I can't really say it was a good time, with 4 guys controlling the entire BR market with 3D&T and Daemon systems... even with reviews and forums, it was hard to find anything worthwhile. I wonder how the jap market is in comparison.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Anyone familiar with this: First Queen

Looks pretty obscure.
It was brought to my attention when some jokers released a bunch of imports onto PSN, untranslated but at cheap as heck prices. First Queen IV was one of those games.

But I chose to pick Sentimental Graffiti instead. And yes, I think a bunch of people are going to call:decline: on that. I guess it'll remain obscure!

Gedeone

Novice
LOL...whats with all the shock and *gasp* i'm hearing?

The game is "unique" only when you lose. Just dont.

Problem solved.

Well...Alice will always raep Luka whatever you do, but she's okay in my book.

Its true that some other mongals are very unsettling thou (i.e. the witch and her "vores"...bleagh) soooo...

Just play to win

TigerKnee

Arcane
I should LP MGQ and subject everyone to every single "loss" scene in the game.

But that would involve transcribing loads of text so I won't.

Gedeone

Novice
A Sea Cucumber Girl.

A fucking Sea Cucumber Girl.

And a Clam Girl with suction cup tentacles?

You haven't seen anything yet. Trust me.

Most mongals are outright disturbing, so i've always tried to beat the shit out of them asap ("Stay away, you freak!").

Alice and the 4 shitennou are ok thou.

Anyway, the final chapter is disappointing me so far (and i'm pretty sure i'm almost done with it).

Luka is OP. Even when nerfed. And enough of that "lets all get along" stuff, i'm getting sick of it.

Long story short: dont play the 3rd chapter, its not as fun as the previous ones

Gedeone

Novice
Which weren't very fun to begin with.

MGQ (1&2) is a decent INDIE game. A bit hardcore (i'm not really into reverse rape lol) but still...

were you expecting something more from an indie eroge? Seriously?

Nothing "very fun" got a translation since Sengoku Rance imho. Even kamidori was too grindy (not to mention the shitty plot). I dont doubt there are a lot of other eroge with rpg elements. But no one is going to translate the good ones because its a pain.

And to be honest, even the "normal" VNs we're getting lately are somewhat disappointing.

It will be a LONG wait until Rance VI...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There was also this other game released a bit back that looked similar to SR when it came to gameplay, as well as the pseudo-historical factor. What was its name again, can't remember.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Finished MGQ part 3.

Start and ending were ok, middle dragged like crazy, which actually applies to all the parts really, but in 3 the middle parts were very draggy because you're revisiting old areas because the creator obviously wanted to pad the 3rd part so he could sell it as an individual part.

Also Christ, you can't even play the filler parts in 3 for fap factor because 90% of the enemies are some kind of tentacled abominations.

The indie nature really hurts the game, you can tell the creator had some ideas that were never fully realized such as your status screen having equipment. You buy ONE item in the 1st part and then that "mechanic" doesn't do much or show up ever again. And of course it would be much better if every character in the game was done by whoever did Alice/4 Heavenly Knights instead of all those really inferior artists so that the immersion factor doesn't break when you see two different characters next to each other.

It's really not a game you play for the combat, although there are SOME where the system is kind of interesting, but mostly it's just filler. It just does interesting things to the usual JRPG cliches (in ways that aren't super grim-dark).

TigerKnee

Arcane
There was also this other game released a bit back that looked similar to SR when it came to gameplay, as well as the pseudo-historical factor. What was its name again, can't remember.
There has actually been A LOT of clones of SR, but you're probably thinking of Eiyuu X Senki.

Anyway, I'm here to break your hopes by telling you that it's really not that interesting, mostly because it's super easy and the enemy are just super passive. Like seriously, when they attack you, they don't even fill up a full party of 6 attackers. It's more like 2/3 units, and sometimes they can't even be bothered to heal them.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Oh yes, it was that one. Damn, it's not even translated yet.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Oh yes, it was that one. Damn, it's not even translated yet.
There's an interface translation patch, and a full translation was planned, but it got C&D.

They already announced some kind of quasi-remake for the game though, so I doubt anyone is trying to translate it in secret and then releasing it at the last minute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom