Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
We'll have to wait for PS3 emulator out in ten years from now.

spekkio

Arcane
I just add that VC2 runs great on jpcsp. VC3 should be the same.

Good luck to the translators, since it will be one of the first translation projects for PSP. So they will have to create most of the tools themselves.

:(

stabby

Learned
Err, no?

Translation wise I'd wouldn't call this 'one of the first' as I've been playing a translated Monster Hunter 2nd G for a while, and as for tools there's hardly a lack of them to decrypt or play around with psp umd images (thanks mostly in part to the rampant homebrew & piracy scene on said system) so the system specific issues are mostly taken care of.

Anyway, I do hope they've got the patience to see it thorugh to the end, VC2 was a more than a little lackluster despite its fun combat mechanics, as I've heard #3 is a better display. Hell, I'm hoping they'll have it released as a UMD compatible patch as they progress as it's a lot more convenient to keep up to date than manually patching an iso for each patch release.

spekkio

Arcane
Thanks for the info, guyse.

Leeched and tested VC3 Extra Edition, it seems to be working fine:

C1FBr.jpg

UzmTJ.jpg

asq5X.jpg

Wow, the guy translating Rance VI is a huge jerk:

He posts:

Hey guys, I have some bad news...
Due to some real life family issues and personal commitments, I can't continue the Rance VI translation.
While I was dedicated, things that are much more important have sprung up and I've put it on hold, I may come back to it at some point but it's not looking good right now...

I'll detail what happened in spoilertags because it's not really related to the thread.
Bahahaha, as if I'd do such a thing.
I love you guys too much so of course I wouldn't ever quit.
26182/104155 lines translated. 25.1% complete.
The guy is fast as fuck
:smug: .

Also seems like Rance 3 and 8 got new translator, so I might end doing another LP before the year is finished.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know you guys didn't really like Rance Quest (8) but I'm digging the humour and characters so far. The grinding is a bit meh though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

spekkio

Arcane
BTW, Crooked Bee, why wasn't this thread stickied yet?

If When DU decides to merge this subforum back with GG, it could lead to a massive :incline:.

:smug:

stabby

Learned
Out of curiousity, are there any rules for the style of game to post here, or will any ol' translated game do?

Because, I don't know, let's imagine that someone came across a stat-filled otome dating sim where you have to balance your time between studying, chasing after ze boys, and dropping your weight down from 100kg to become pretty again? Might something like that pique the interest of those browsing this board (figurative speaking of course ;) )?

Also, may it be possible to sort of manage all the scattered about name droppings into a nice pretty post at the top of the thread?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Out of curiousity, are there any rules for the style of game to post here, or will any ol' translated game do?

The only rule is for the game to be translated and japanese. Other than that, have fun.

As for having a list... maybe someday. ;)

spekkio

Arcane
Drog said:
Also, may it be possible to sort of manage all the scattered about name droppings into a nice pretty post at the top of the thread?
Go back to "Black Cat" account and I shall make such list.

:rpgcodex:

But remember that this thread covers mostly games for "new" platforms (post SNES and SMD).
And Rance series. :roll:

stabby

Learned
Wait, are you telling me that Drog & Black Cat are the same person? Sweet Stabbity Doo, that's going to take some time to process....

Anyway, since I guess it's time for me to add something constructive and post some translated amusements.

First, since my eye's been twitchin' horribly at its lack of mention so far, here's the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Patch. There, said it, moving on.

Second, as previously mentioned: Girlish Love Revolution for the DS is in English now!
(Though you need to patch the Korean version)

As previously mention, it's an Otome VN/Dating Sim where instead of playing the faceless pretty girl (that we all know you are inside) you play the role of a former child beauty pageant star (now in highschool, weighing 100 kilos, and less than pretty) who decides to turn her life around when the 5 most popular boys in school move into her apartment building. I could ramble on, but interested parties are free to attack the Google for more infos, and there's a page with screenies accessible from the above link.

spekkio

Arcane
Wait, are you telling me that Drog & Black Cat are the same person?
Of course not. BC would never waste her precious time on some shitty unplayable menu navigation simulator like Arcanum.

:smug:

Love Revo DS

786548-front_large.jpg

Heey, RK47 - you're gonna love this!

:dance:

Crooked Bee

Is it possible for you to split my initial post into 2, so I can create list of games in 1st post, as stabby-sensei asked?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom