Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview TotalBiscuit Interviews Adam Brennecke

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
vqku1.png
:flamesaw:
kill+it+with+fire.jpeg

Moribund

A droglike
Worst discussion I've ever seen.

I'm sure at some point developers that people take seriously will be talking about "classics like Oblivion". And whatever teenager replaces Infinitron by then will defend them :roll:

What bugs me is the outright dismissal of any rational or sane comment that simply doesn't fit in with their preconception. If MCA came out on PAX and said, word for word, that PE was nothing but a cheap DA:O remake, their minds would probably still find a way to block it out. They're just so caught up in the hype, they can't see the edge of the cliff.

It's the internet and this is a game forum. If you disagree a game or any part of it is superawesomefantastico you are trolling.

But of course I've already been proven right, let's see what rationalizations come next.

Machocruz

Arcane
How about you read some of my posts, both in this thread and the one I've linked to? I've given a clear description of my line of reasoning and how I make my inferences, which anyone sufficiently versed in the topic should be well aware of and I'm not in the habit of repeating myself for the benefit of the ignorant nor the stupid.

I have read your posts in this thread, that's the problem. A whole lot of speculation based on a few lines of dialogue that you've attached significant meaning to. It's immediately apparent. There is no deeper truth to anything your saying that we're not comprehending. It's a rabid insistence on "He said this, but it also means all of this!"

I don't care what you've said in other threads. In this thread you've claimed things that aren't supported by the evidence you've presented, while admitting
I wasn't really paying attention
Class act.

Moribund

A droglike
If you listened to the interview you'd worry about that, too. My interpretation is right, clear as day. If you are going by transcripts maybe it doesn't come through very clearly.

Just another doofus who hates RPGs making "old skool" RPGs. Awesome. And he's the project director.

St. Toxic

Arcane
I don't care what you've said in other threads. In this thread you've claimed things that aren't supported by the evidence you've presented, while admitting HURR DURR Class act.

There you go. The perfect example of why games are being dumbed down for the masses. If you don't spell it out for them, they can't read it -- RIP subtlety. :salute:

Machocruz

Arcane
There you go. The perfect example of why games are being dumbed down for the masses. If you don't spell it out for them, they can't read it -- RIP subtlety. :salute:

Do your other comments acquit your misguided comments here? All I know is you can't comprehend what others say, and you don't pay attention then complain. Own your lunacy.

Machocruz

Arcane
If you listened to the interview you'd worry about that, too. My interpretation is right, clear as day. If you are going by transcripts maybe it doesn't come through very clearly.

I did listen, and you're interpretation is based on your own paranoia and lack of comprehension. But your partner in delusion admitted he/she didn't pay attention, so who was really listening?

Moribund

A droglike
No, my interpretation is proven right.

Guy who makes D 3 comment who likes DA? Who'd have thunk.

And he said in those exact words. Dragon Age does a good job. And the disgusting love in his voice was unmistakable too. You're just wrong.

Do your other comments acquit your misguided comments here? All I know is you can't comprehend what others say, and you don't pay attention then complain. Own your lunacy.

He just turned the table with a couple of the comments to show how ridiculous some people were being. You seem unable to grab subtleties of language and emotion.

Asperger's?

Wizfall

Cipher
BG 2 is one of my top 10 crPG.
I bought DA:O and was very disappointed.
Brennecke has an important role in PE so i think it's not unnatural to worry about it.
I agree with his tweet about Diablo 3 though, i didn't like always online so i haven't bought it. Those that bought it and complain are crybabies indeed.

Moribund

A droglike
Not everyone spends months reading about a game before they buy. If they did they wouldn't have bought Diablo 3. Casual gamer means walk in and see a sequel to game they liked and they buy it, which is what publishers count on.

Machocruz

Arcane
He just flipped the tables with a couple of the comments to show how ridiculous some people were being.

Ridiculous how? That they're over zealous about Obsidian and won't hear any argument to the contrary? I believe that.

But what's not ridiculous is to argue with someone who interprets a couple sentences to mean this, this, and that. Maybe the game will suck. Maybe the'll make a game that defies all your concerns in other threads. But if they don't, there is no evidence right now that it's because they cloned Dragon Age.

Machocruz

Arcane
No, my interpretation is proven right.

Guy who makes D 3 comment who likes DA? Who'd have thunk.

And he said in those exact words. Dragon Age does a good job. And the disgusting love in his voice was unmistakable too. You're just wrong.

So go whole hog and foam about PE will be D3 clone. The hole of lunacy you guys have dug can't get much deeper.

Haha, disgusting love in his voice. Oh man. I see you trollin', I see you hatin'

St. Toxic

Arcane
But what's not ridiculous is to argue with someone who interprets a couple sentences to mean this, this, and that.

To be completely honest, I didn't listen to the interview at all. It's Cynical Bimbo ffs, I formed my opinions before this game was announced. Y'know, some people don't need all the information spoon-fed to them to reach the correct conclusions. :obviously:

Moribund

A droglike
:lol:

I'm sorry I besmirched the honor of the game you hero worship, but it's probably gonna suck and the only chance it has to not suck is if MCA manages to pull another Torment out of his butt.

Even if it doesn't suck, this guy surely does and won't be any part of making it not suck. I can see you fanboy the game itself or MCA but this is just some random idiot they hired who never did anything anyone heard of and says lots of stupid shit and looks and sounds like he has had a lobotomy.

St. Toxic

Arcane

I'm sorry I besmirched the honor of the game you hero worship, but it's probably gonna suck. And even if it doesn't, this guy surely does and won't be any part of making it not suck. I can see you fanboy the game itself or MCA but this is just some random idiot they hired who never did anything anyone heard of and says lots of stupid shit and looks like he has had a lobotomy.

Yeah, he probably has nothing to do with any Obshittian project and the only reason that he's doing the interview in the first place is that he's an escaped mental patient posing as a member of the team and that Halliburton guy believed him because he was wearing a top-hat. Holy shit, Machocruz , you're such a fucking tool.

Machocruz

Arcane
To be completely honest, I didn't listen to the interview at all. It's Cynical Bimbo ffs, I formed my opinions before this game was announced. Y'know, some people don't need all the information spoon-fed to them to reach the correct conclusions. :obviously:

I formed my opinion when they announced the KS and no fucks did I give. But I've been meaning to release some animosity I've built up for this place in general, so thanks for that.

Moribund

A droglike

I'm sorry I besmirched the honor of the game you hero worship, but it's probably gonna suck. And even if it doesn't, this guy surely does and won't be any part of making it not suck. I can see you fanboy the game itself or MCA but this is just some random idiot they hired who never did anything anyone heard of and says lots of stupid shit and looks like he has had a lobotomy.

Yeah, he probably has nothing to do with any Obshittian project and the only reason that he's doing the interview in the first place is that he's an escaped mental patient posing as a member of the team and that Halliburton guy believed him because he was wearing a top-hat. Holy shit, Machocruz , you're such a fucking tool.

Now if they start the game that way, I will buy it.

Dorateen

Arcane
I'll say this, to Obsidian's credit. DA:O would have never made a stretch goal in big bold letters that proclaimed Full Party Creation! Adventurer's Guild notwithstanding, the mere suggestion of such a concept on the dragon age forums would have caused the heads of drones to explode.

Machocruz

Arcane

I'm sorry I besmirched the honor of the game you hero worship, but it's probably gonna suck and the only chance it has to not suck is if MCA manages to pull another Torment out of his butt.

More evidence you can't into paying attention and of overall lazy mental reckoning that you think I care about this game at all, but no evidence in my words is to be found, only contempt for your laughable reasoning.

But your emotional engagement with subject resulting in indignation towards tenuous connections has been noted for Codexian posterity.

Moribund

A droglike

More evidence you can't into paying attention and of overall lazy mental reckoning that you think I care about this game at all, but no evidence in my words is to be found, only contempt for your laughablel reasoning.

But your emotional engagement with subject resulting in indignation towards tenuous connections has been noted for Codexian posterity.

He who smelt it dealt it, buddy. I have been trying to be reasonable here, no idea why you are so upset. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom