Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

thesecret1

Arcane
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/message-from-total-war-leadership-dec-2023/

LMAO

"We see the confusion, the frustration, and the distrust of us across the community and honestly, it breaks our hearts. "
Sounds like they realized they're fucked and are trying to latch onto current revenue streams, fearing (or knowing) that whatever new title they produce will bomb. Apology is too vague to be genuine, limiting itself to apologizing for "missteps" and "mistakes" without naming any save perhaps the Shadows of Change DLC, which they seem to have latched on even though that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Attempts at buying goodwill by partially refunding pharaoh (probably pretty cheap given that almost nobody bought that shit, lmao) followed by promises to "listen," yeah right.

On a positive note, they're fleeing to WH3 (as their last well-selling title) to save them, so we might actually see that game get fixed somewhat, hopefully.

9ted6

Educated
They are patching the game a lot nowadays, even fixing some old bugs and new bugs they just created. Quite impressive actually and sad. Only if they've done this from the start.
They have to look productive for investors because they just wasted a ton of money on a game that amounted to literally nothing.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Apparently, Golden Knight legendary hero is coming for Kislev (as a part of last DLC "free major update") - as well as some additional mechanics and - if all the leakers are right - more units and generic lords/heroes(hag lords?)
So, as Tzeentch did get a legendary hero in form of Blue Scribes (and Aekold Helbrass little bit before that) - it seems that Cathay will get one too.

CA also said that all DLC's from that point onward will get at least as much content in them, which is good news I suppose? Thing is, I'd trade all of those legendary heroes for more legendary lords (especially for Empire) and I'm not alone on that front.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1704711411288.png

37 Missile Strength, dang son

Jorus

Educated
table scraps from ca:

Back in the lands of Total War: WARHAMMER III, we’re just starting to put the finishing touches on our next Hotfix release, which we’d like to get out to you within the next two weeks.

We’re largely expecting that this will be the only Hotfix that we’ll release before we reach Patch 4.2 in February, so not long to go now before you see those additions to Shadows of Change! Patch 4.2 is where you can expect to see the results of our work to ensure our DLC’s meet your expectations through the introduction of even more content, alongside changes and improvements to the base game itself.

Shortly after we get the Hotfix out, you’ll start to hear directly from Game Director Richard Aldridge on what Patch 4.2 is bringing, and how we’ve approached each of Shadow of Change’s main factions in a series of blogs that covers this new content in much more detail.

Caim

Arcane
what the fuck do they mean the files no longer exist... was the a great purge in anticipation of Hyenas' global takeover?
I think they mean that the files to make the model got deleted, but the end result is still in the game (it was just hidden because of a bug).

Still pretty dumb.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
what the fuck do they mean the files no longer exist... was the a great purge in anticipation of Hyenas' global takeover?
Usually, I would say it is impossible in this day and age to not use version control software for game assets.
But with CA, nothing would surprise me anymore.
They might just work on some shared network drive on an old Windows Vista machine, someone poured coffee over it and now the file is gone.

:stunned:

More realistically, though, the guy who answered that question is some Community/PR peon who doesn't really have a clue and just has to scramble blindly when answering questions.

Delterius

Arcane
Clown Assembly is a bad company ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dear Lacrymas,

I want to sincerely apologize for any negative experience you may have had with our company. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we take it seriously. We strive to provide the best possible service to our customers, and it's disheartening to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We understand the importance of addressing concerns promptly, and we would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and resolve the issues you encountered. Please reach out to our customer support team at [support email or phone number] so that we can better understand your specific situation and work towards a resolution. We truly value your input, and we are committed to making the necessary improvements to ensure a more positive experience for all our customers.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your patience as we work to make things right.

Best regards,

John Johnson Community Manager

thesecret1

Arcane
Clown Assembly is a bad company ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dear Lacrymas,

I want to sincerely apologize for any negative experience you may have had with our company. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we take it seriously. We strive to provide the best possible service to our customers, and it's disheartening to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We understand the importance of addressing concerns promptly, and we would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and resolve the issues you encountered. Please reach out to our customer support team at [support email or phone number] so that we can better understand your specific situation and work towards a resolution. We truly value your input, and we are committed to making the necessary improvements to ensure a more positive experience for all our customers.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your patience as we work to make things right.

Best regards,

More apologetic than the actual CA apology letters, tbh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Dear Lacrymas,

Best regards,

Dear John Johnson Community Manager,

I wouldn't know where to even begin. I can't think of 1 positive thing to say about your company when taking into account the last decade. Transfer whatever resources and software you have left over to the CA Sofia team and quietly kill the main branch of the company.

Sincerely,
Lacrymas

Delterius

Arcane
Dear Lacrymas,

Best regards,

Dear John Johnson Community Manager,

I wouldn't know where to even begin. I can't think of 1 positive thing to say about your company when taking into account the last decade. Transfer whatever resources and software you have left over to the CA Sofia team and quietly kill the main branch of the company.

Sincerely,
Lacrymas
the john johnson told me to press the thanks button as an expression that they hear you and see you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom