Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: PHARAOH

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd hardly call even modern Egyptians Aryan.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Lol, what? You act as if "blacks" were living for centuries living in deep isolation, and for some reason everyone could spot a "black" on the spot (supposedly so he can immediately enslave him), while rest of the world was magically white, without in-betweens.
Watch it, lest it becomes a beautiful double-edged sword if applied to the Age of Sail :lol:

MerchantKing

Learned
What a waste. They really should make a game centered on the conquests of King David and Solomon with Rephaim to genocide, divine intervention, and proper pagan shrine destruction simulation rather than a boring game around the Mizraite goyim.

MerchantKing

Learned
What a waste. They really should make a game centered on the conquests of King David and Solomon with Rephaim to genocide, divine intervention, and proper pagan shrine destruction simulation rather than a boring game around the Mizraite goyim.
OR they should really make a game centered on Divine Hadrian.

Ave! Ave Imperator!

Cool it with the antisemitic remarks

pickmeister

Learned
I finally realised what the she reminds me of.
41rVgIWg+sL.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Will there be squalor management in the game?
Did ancient Egypt have some sensible squalor management?

They need to return to more complex army and town management. Warhammer simplification was too simple, and strategic part suffered because of oversimplification.

OR they should really make a game centered on Divine Hadrian.

Ave! Ave Imperator!

IVDEA DEVICTA

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Best total war experience to date IMO is Medieval 2 total war with the SSHIP mod (ongoing development and reasonably stable)
I also liked Deus Lu Vult, that was a nice mod too because I loved all the bright colours and the heraldry being used all over the place plus the Retinue system was changed to a full blown RPG mechanic system which I think SS sort of adopted as well. SS though is a really incredible mod. I also like Europa Barbarorum II, its what Rome II should have been, where you've taken the mechanics from Roma Surrectum II and then adapted it to Medieval 2's improvements. I also love the Third Age mod for Medieval, its so well done and the siege battles are some of the most enjoyable I've played in that game because unlike Vanilla and what CA can designed they actually thought about fall back points makes for some amazing last stand battles.

Yeah Medieval 2 was a cool game, the only thing I think they got wrong was the CAI is borderline stupid (but that's standard for CA) and the merchant unit makes zero sense and is just frustrating to manage and these are built in systems so I don't think they can be modded out. Surprisingly I don't mind Vanilla Kingdoms especially the Mesoamerican campaign, its just a whole bunch of fun because of its uniqueness.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Merchant unit was actually somewhat historic. There were oligarchs who negotiated deals at that time, and there was a lot of screwing each other by a trade.
If people didn't want to use merchant unit, they could not build it. I typically forgot about it and it was standing in random area. They can be nice, historically they provided some intel.
But typically it ended with a king with 10 dread attacking with other cavalry charges against soldiers that were hit by cannons... And well. Then enemy routed.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Merchant unit was actually somewhat historic. There were oligarchs who negotiated deals at that time, and there was a lot of screwing each other by a trade.
If people didn't want to use merchant unit, they could not build it. I typically forgot about it and it was standing in random area. They can be nice, historically they provided some intel.
But typically it ended with a king with 10 dread attacking with other cavalry charges against soldiers that were hit by cannons... And well. Then enemy routed.
yeah basically my impression as well. Like the merchant unit would be fine if it didn't get killed from a bribe, getting kicked off the tile should've been enough, I don't like the mechanic it just came off as tedious and a waste of time. I wish it had worked similar to priests where if you put them in a town they could buff the towns economy, and then Merchants could also build "trading posts" instead of have to sit on resources all the time. I just don't like the set and forget and "oops he's been bribed oh well start again" approach they took. They should have been much more useful.

I Think its comparable to how spies worked in Empire, they were pesky and annoying and you had to stations garrisons to stop them being constantly annoying. I have a low tolerance for gamey mechanics especially when its only just plate spinning to fake depth of mechanics.

And yeah 10 Dread Kings were fun af especially the speeches they gave.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
I kinda feel bad for CA Sofia. I feel they put genuine effort in their work but keep using these settings that nobody cares about. Like seriously just give me Empire 2 already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom