Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: PHARAOH

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
If the game does not have the battle of Kadesh they've already failed

can't wait for DEI team to mod this

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It looks like an expansion to Troy and it's made by CA Sofia. If it looks like a duck etc. Too bad it isn't an expansion to Troy, it would've fixed some of its most glaring issues.

Elttharion

Learned
I am a big Egypt and Bronze Age fan but this looks like a Saga title in all but name and price. No Mesopotamia, no Assyria, no Bronze Age Greeks, no playable Sea People (looks like they will be DLC), only 3 cultures and 8 factions at launch, etc. The scope seems really limited for the price.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The scope seems really limited for the price.
Plus it seems like they only really want to focus on this specific time period and not just Egyptian history in general like they did with Rome (where rome was split into Rise (rome 1) and Fall (BarbInvasion)), same could have been done here). Huge missed opportunity there given how big a mess the Pharaoh remaster ended up being. The "Campaign DLC" bonus seems to imply they're going to nickle and dime you on additional time periods.

They should have done it as Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom and New Kingdom as the base game, then Late Kingdom, Alexander and Ptolemaic Egypt as the expansion. Much easier pill to swallow if they had done that. And then you could've pulled a paradox and have a campaign porter for Rome 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zero interest in a game about sandniggers
6e6.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bronze age is a cool setting, but the scope of this seems quite narrow.

I do miss when we used to have grand total war games with factions and maps spanning much of the world. Factions often used to have wonderfully diverse unit rosters as well.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The Bronze Age was so long that it´s actually perfect for the Rome 2 model of releasing multiple campaigns taking place in different periods.

Anyway, at least it will be a testbed for (hopefully) new ideas and tech to possibly implement in the inevitable Medieval 3.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's got a black pharaoh what more diversity could you want?
There actually were Nubian pharaohs for a period (the 25th dynasty, to be exact). Not during the late bronze age collapse though, but while the Egyptian pharaohs from that time weren't black, they weren't light-skinned either. The actual pharaoh at that time was Ramesses III, who looked like this:
KhonsuTemple-Karnak-RamessesIII-2.jpg

The Total War depiction doesn't seem that far off, tbh.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom