Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Torment is perfect for virtue signalling and pretend sophistication.

Dollarphotoclub_67257948-e1450329005144.jpg

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One thing that's been bugging me, has anyone found a use for oddities that don't have the "Use item" button? I'm sitting on 1-2k shins but I'm afraid to sell them in fear of missing out on something.

No, they have no use that I know of, but I might be wrong and one or two could have some cool hidden reaction in certain places, but I wouldn't put much stock on it. I aslo played with tons of oddities in case they had some hidden content.

Still, you won't need the money from selling them, so if you feel better hoarding them, do it. Sell cyphers which I barely used.

Parabalus

Arcane
No, they have no use that I know of, but I might be wrong and one or two could have some cool hidden reaction in certain places, but I wouldn't put much stock on it. I aslo played with tons of oddities in case they had some hidden content.

Still, you won't need the money from selling them, so if you feel better hoarding them, do it. Sell cyphers which I barely used.

Yeah, these are the leftovers after I had bought everything I could in Sagus, before boarding. There is a ton of money to go around.

The setting is so random the fucking Tar Ball from the first area could turn into some nuke at a later interaction.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The jRPG crowd, Final Fantasy and shit.

They know exactly that SJW are pseudo-intellectuals that will love knowing they're playing an inclusive and diverse game with a huge amount of *deep* text, plus all those colors, just like their hair! Even though they don't really want mechanical complexity.

BS. InXile is too incompetent for any realisation about the one specific group of people that seems to be mentioned more than others even though there are far more egregious cases of false sophistication (e.g. the SJWs' direct opponents, the KiA/TiA crowd who boast of being ultra-hardcore gamers despite only playing the latest AAA blockbusters.) They made TToN for consoles since they got a bailout from Techland, who naively thought that consoles=more $$$.

ArchAngel

Arcane

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think inXile are in touch with reality, why would you release something like Torment for consoles? It makes no sense.

Fargo has no business sense.

Not true, he knows how to sell steel at platinum price, I mean, he is a genius, doesn't risk his money and still people pay him for smoke.

Maybe he is not an honest person, but he knows how to make money, at least concede that to him.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Well, but 90% of the target audience is composed by anti-SJWs. Maybe you are talking about game journos, but even in this case I have my doubts. This tells more about developers' agenda preferences than the target audience.
I don't really know the demographics.

But they are changing. SJWs make SJW games, they attack "sexism" in games, get Patreon-ed, got all them "allies", so I guess there's an audience somewhere. Even casuals that will make an exception for Torment, 'cause they hate games but they are so politically engaged in activism, against anti-gamergate machos, and this is relevant to their social studies.

I might be wrong really, but clearly this is somewhat aimed at them, because some of the writers are them or their allies.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Been a while since I played a game so shit I felt like throwing up, last was Fallout 4.

Dude you refunded the game like 15 minutes after it was released, I'm not sure how valuable your opinion is

I played the Beta for 2 hours and played for 30 minutes after release. That intro was enough for me. Could get better or worse, but being forced to play with those characters alone was a deal breaker for me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think inXile are in touch with reality, why would you release something like Torment for consoles? It makes no sense.

Because the publisher who is funding the rest of your development wants a multiplatform release

Quillon

Arcane

Because the publisher who is funding the rest of your development wants a multiplatform release

So it was techland's decision? Did techland also dictate the game was gonna be TB?(TB: easy to make primitive system for the slow minded, friendly with console controls).

So it was techland's decision? Did techland also dictate the game was gonna be TB?(TB: easy to make primitive system for the slow minded, friendly with console controls).
Unlike prestigious (tm) real-time with pause :cool:

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Are there any easter eggs from Planescape Torment? Anything that ties the two games together, or tributes to the first game?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
BS. InXile is too incompetent for any realisation about the one specific group of people... They made TToN for consoles since they got a bailout from Techland, who naively thought that consoles=more $$$.
So you guys would say it's Techland that is out of touch, this being their first publishing gig?

Still, either Techland did it because they just thought naively consoles = $$, or because they thought they would make money because this could appeal to a certain console-playing crowd. In both cases it is still dumb, but maybe it was purposefully dumb. Or maybe, as we'll find out, it was actually a genius calculated move. We'll see I guess.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Not true, he knows how to sell steel at platinum price, I mean, he is a genius, doesn't risk his money and still people pay him for smoke.

Maybe he is not an honest person, but he knows how to make money, at least concede that to him.

I concede that he knows how to inherit a fortune, pose as tycoon, and fool grognards. In order to have business sense, the amount of money he earns must be higher than the amount of money he burns.

I don't really know the demographics.

But they are changing. SJWs make SJW games, they attack "sexism" in games, get Patreon-ed, got all them "allies", so I guess there's an audience somewhere. Even casuals that will make an exception for Torment, 'cause they hate games but they are so politically engaged in activism, against anti-gamergate machos, and this is relevant to their social studies.

I might be wrong really, but clearly this is somewhat aimed at them, because some of the writers are them or their allies.

That’s because you are making the mistake of assuming that the noise of these activists is representative of what most people think. It’s not a surprise that the gaming community is usually accused as being misogynistic place by SJW activists. Because the target audience is mostly composed by men that don’t give a fuck about safe space. The problem is that while most gamers don’t give a shit about SJW if it doesn’t affect the gameplay, this is impossible to ignore in narrative games such as ToN, because it makes a big difference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom