Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
tormentconsrlszr.jpg

jWTUy6L.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sure are a lot of weak chins at inXile. The two female cosplayers on the right have the strongest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I like the people who don't want to put those bags on their heads, especially the guy in the back who doesn't even want to be in the photo.

Saduj

Arcane
The guy in the middle with the folded arms looks like he is hating himself for having been pressured into putting the bag on his head and his refusal to smile for the picture is a futile attempt to salvage his dignity.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't get it. This presentation was open to public? Are all those persons tier 1 journalists?
Was Bubbles there at some point?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't get it. This presentation was open to public? Are all those persons tier 1 journalists?
Was Bubbles there at some point?

Conventions like Gamescom typically have both "public" and "private" showings of games, the latter offering a chance to get a more intimate look at the game, ask the developers questions, etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://colinmccomb.com/survived-my-first-gamescom/

SURVIVED MY FIRST GAMESCOM.
AUGUST 21, 2016 by COLIN

OK, that was harder than GenCon. Five days of constant talking. My voice is trashed. I’m exhausted. I only had an hour or two to wander the halls, and the crowds were overwhelming. In the exhibition area, our neighboring booths were pounding bass, occasionally overwhelming our sound system.

But. BUT.

The experience was extraordinarily fun, gratifying, and satisfying. I met a pile of fantastic people, got to thank backers in person, learned from new gamers and old alike that what we’re creating is exactly the experience they sought. Ran into fans of my tabletop work. People told me that Planescape: Torment changed their lives (all praise to Avellone!), and that what they saw of TTON made them believe that we would be a worthy companion to our predecessor.

Now I’m ready to return to work behind a screen, instead of standing in front of rooms full of people.

Just waiting for the Techland people to finish breaking down the booth and then we’re headed out for dinner and drinks. In the meantime, here are a few more pictures.

gamescom-end-300x225.jpg

Our Torment survivors.

unworn-300x225.jpg

One of the shirts and ties that I never got to wear. (I was prepared to dress like a professional guy. No need, it turns out!)

goodbye-Gamescom-225x300.jpg

Goodbye, Gamescom.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why exactly does Colin have to extoll the virtues of the fucking glorified 5-day ad fest? I get it, you have to be there, but why do you want me to believe it was fun?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Does Torment currently not have a combat log or is that a console thing?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's not a single detail in there; it's mostly about how amazing PST was and how similar Torment's design is promised to be. But PS4 Magazin isn't really tier 1, right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Dat polish.

The first picture looks like a playstation 2 version, while this one looks like PC 4k ;D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom