Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, there seems to be a bug where combat mode will refuse to end and go back to normal, forcing you to reload, if one of your dudes is knocked down and the fight ends before he gets up.

Needless to say, this was a very fun thing in an area with like 8 trash fights against bots that constantly bounce your dudes around :prosper:

Also, there seems to be a bug where combat mode will refuse to end and go back to normal, forcing you to reload, if one of your dudes is knocked down and the fight ends before he gets up.

Needless to say, this was a very fun thing in an area with like 8 trash fights against bots that constantly bounce your dudes around :prosper:
I thought there are supposed to be NO trash fights at all? :retarded:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, unsurprisingly, Erritis the Fabulous Blondie is so far the only companion (and one of the very few characters in general in this game) who isn't boring as fuck.

Unsurprisingly cuz he's done by MCA.

Project: Eternity
New companion portraits:

E65VPBT.png

I actually like this one.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Also, unsurprisingly, Erritis the Fabulous Blondie is so far the only companion (and one of the very few characters in general in this game) who isn't boring as fuck.

Unsurprisingly cuz he's done by MCA.

Yeah. He is very amusing and feels deeper than the others. MCA strikes gold again!

On the other hand, I thought I'd hate that Peggy Bundy SJW look-a-like. Surprisingly, she isn't annoying at all and is sometimes interesting and helpful. I also like her no-non-sense attitude so far, which helps dealing with all the non-sense.

The worst so far are whiny Alistair (sp?) and the fake Lando Carlrissian, who is paper-thin and gay.

Fairfax

Arcane
Haha, I thought something similar.

do we have numasign?

Yeah, now there's some semblance.
I don't see it. The facial structure, the hair, the eyes, the beard, the nose, the mouth, everything is different besides the blue eyes.
What about Rothfuss' companion?
Don't know if she's in the current build, but she has a bunch of dialogue files in it. I read some of it, and found the concept very silly, more so than the alpha. There's a twist in her storyline that might improve things, but I don't expect her to be popular around here.

Fairfax

Arcane
and found the concept very silly
As in "haha that's funny/cute" or as in "that's just retarded"?
No, in the sense that her powers are over the top. And her dialogue could easily be very annoying depending on the voice-over.

She's a little kid who can create gods. She carries one who lives inside a stone and is her friend.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Everyone makes fun of me for writing about a self-insert Gary Stu, but check this out, I'll write about a Mary Sue instead. :smug:"--Pat Rothfuss

Rev

Arcane
Why did anyone expect something good from Rothfuss, by the way? His main characters was a self-insert filled with all the author's power fantasies (he's a genius, a kind and compassionate soul, the best in the magic academy, a poet and an excellent musician, and of course he's lusted by all the hot girls out there) and the other characters all had non-existent personalities and were only present to make the protagonist stand out.

Why did anyone expect something good from Rothfuss, by the way? His main characters was a self-insert filled with all the author's power fantasies (he's a genius, a kind and compassionate soul, the best in the magic academy, a poet and an excellent musician, and of course he's lusted by all the hot girls out there) and the other characters all had non-existent personalities and were only present to make the protagonist stand out.
He's also a huge dramawhore, and enjoys behaving shitty even to his fans.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kingkiller...thfuss_on_twitter_yes_its_obviously_my_fault/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kingkiller.../was_pat_violated_by_his_fans_spoilers_leaks/
and so on.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I think people were fooled by his prose into overlooking the weaknesses in his characters (and, to some extent, his plotting)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
And chances are he didn't even write her dialogue. :M
Why?

Also yeah, I know who she is, there's a comic book novella for her.

Ugh, just saw this, so nevermind. I didn't even know he blocked me that time I tweeted him. Asked him politely not to shove "i'm with her" propaganda down my throat through the goodreads emailing system, because that was exactly what he had done. Now I'm blocked from reading his precious tweets. Shows how much he values his fans.

Last edited:
And chances are he didn't even write her dialogue. :M
Why?

Also yeah, I know who she is, there's a comic book novella for her.

Ugh, just saw this, so nevermind. I didn't even know he blocked me that time I tweeted him. Asked him politely not to shove "i'm with her" propaganda down my throat through the goodreads emailing system, because that was exactly what he had done. Now I'm blocked from reading his precious tweets. Shows how much he values his fans.
>Asked him politely.
Mate, given your particular conversation style, I kinda doubt that you're even capable of being polite. :M
But Pat Rothfuss is a whiny bitch for sure, I mean, to compare one leaked page from unreleased novel to fans raping him - it sure shows either tremendous dramaqueen tendencies, or, maybe, some secret desires.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom