Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

aepervius says:

I see argument from both points of view. At this point I say wait and see.

What concerns me far more on a paersonal side, is that now there is a risk of dumbing down because console UI and console Input device are not like a mouse and a keyboard… I’ll just cross finger and wait for reviews.

• 6eb3e68dc1eec455d6007a3d3a48b4d6

01/09/2016 at 20:33 sear says:

I do most of our UI design on Torment for both PC and console. That’s a valid concern and one we’ve seen a few times. However, I can say the PC version of the UI was pretty much finished before we even knew we were doing consoles. The PC version will stay the same (minus art and polish updates), while consoles are getting their own additions and improvements to work better on controllers (direct character control instead of point-and-click, radial menus instead of icons, etc.).
    • 01/09/2016 at 21:01 Fry says:

Unless I’m misunderstanding previous statements, I thought the PC and console UI crews were separate. You’re the lead designer for both?

This is from the comments of RPS.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What's sea's track record with UI design?

He used "quote" and "post" buttons on forums.

Or maybe he worked on the W2 UI too, which would help explain his severe butthurt with the Codex.

Nice to see that they've all been educated in delivering the same "we never knew we were going to do console until it was already done!" story.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
6eb3e68dc1eec455d6007a3d3a48b4d6

sear says:

I do most of our UI design on Torment for both PC and console. That’s a valid concern and one we’ve seen a few times. However, I can say the PC version of the UI was pretty much finished before we even knew we were doing consoles. The PC version will stay the same (minus art and polish updates), while consoles are getting their own additions and Improvements to work better on controllers (direct character control instead of point-and-click, radial menus instead of icons, etc.).

So the idea that an ex-codexer (Sea or Brother None) was deeply involved with this Gamescom mess doesn’t seem implausible, huh? It is obvious that they both must be deeply resented with the Codex because W2 was demolished. This whole thing seems too personal and too amateurish to be a publisher decision. Techland my ass. This is Brother None and Sea’s revenge!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hint: read the comments section and the other threads about the game.
BN and Sea should have known that the Codex has a wide spectrum of opinions, did they really get butthurt about some people hating the game? I can't imagine they getting butthurt. They know what the Codex is like.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.egx.net/egx/news/torment-tides-of-numenera-s-creative-lead-to-speak-at-egx

Torment: Tides of Numenera's Creative Lead to speak at EGX
Colin McComb, Creative Lead for the highly anticipated Torment: Tides of Numenera, will present a Developer Session at EGX 2016.

The follow up to 1999's smash hit RPG, Planescape: Torment, Tides of Numenera is set in a wonderfully bizarre world filled with incomprehensibly advanced technology. Colin McComb, the game's creative lead, will take to the EGX stage to discuss the process for creating believable characters and responsive stories for a game set a billion years in the future.

We're delighted to welcome Colin back to an EGX event, he joined us last year to present a fascinating talkat EGX Rezzed. Taking place at 2pm on Sunday 25th September this session is not to be missed.

Those not at EGX will be able to catch the session live on Twitch and it'll be available to watch later on ourYouTube channel.

This is the latest of many reveals for this year's EGX, we have loads of news to share with you in the coming weeks so stay tuned! Tickets are available to buy here.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
That’s one thing you’ll notice here – we don’t have handlers for you to talk to, you talk to me, to the writers, to the producers. We don’t have PR and marketing in between us, because we are right there on the nub and we love talking about what we do.
There is a need for Fargo/inXile version of this:

Fry

Arcane
Just getting around to reading the TTON forums... https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15806&start=120

Postby HarveyV » June 10th, 2016, 9:54 pm

you people just took a fat fucking shit all over the system.

i thought that the colors for the pools was fun and unique, and you made the health bar red.

you fucking suck. oh my god. i am legitimately fucking disgusted by this. you fucking ruined it.

why

why

why

why

Postby HarveyV » August 29th, 2016, 7:43 am

There isnt even anything left to live for again. I just want the black nothingness to slip over me but I'm a coward and a fool.

:lol:

Is this guy a Codexer? If not, someone get him to register pronto. The unhinged butthurt is spectacular.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
i want bioware level romances! I want to fuck my companions. I dont want to have interesting or in depth characters, no sir ee bob. I do not want a good story, I want a hammy romance written by a 40+ year old gay man who thinks the epitome of romantic writing is twilight and dating manga! WILL MY HARD EARNED BACKER DOLLARS BRING ME THIS????

YOU'RE FUCKING CO-PRODUCING IT WITH THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE IP?????????????? WHAT THE FUCK BROTHER NONE???????????????????????? OH MY GOD I AM SO UPSET RIGHT NOW

I have nothing in my life but this game's upcoming release and they shit on it. I am planning on killing myself if the final release has a health bar.

He's a goon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That joke doesn't really make any sense when I'm directly quoting inXile's own Twitter account. :M

Watched half an hour of the stream (out of about 58 minutes). It's just a slow-paced playthrough of the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

exe

Augur
Can anyone explain to me all the rage about health bars? Serious question, haven't followed developement at all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can anyone explain to me all the rage about health bars? Serious question, haven't followed developement at all.

Originally attacks would sap one of your three attributes, they decided this wasn't fun, now they just drain hp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom