Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torchlight 2 is a MASSIVE incline

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Got bored with my SC guys so i started up a HC toon yesterday. It died. Decided to run it on Vet insted of elite, changed my mind again at level 8 so I started a new toon again, cheesed it by making LAN game and rerolling world to survive in the temple steppes (Redid the 3-4 area with the 4-5 dungeon to level 6) and this one is now 17 (Redid the second pre-stage area with spiders 12-13 and the spider dungeon for extra cheese) Got some unique drops (Big Dog cannon kinda garbage but eh) and decided to try an engy. Max Vita summongineer. It died at level 11 in the crypts to a freezing ghost boss that summons bats. That circle he puts down that slows you, is really fucking nasty when hes a freezing boss. Least I still have my mage to continue the derping.

HC Elite is a fucking chore, but I really cant see playing it any other way now unless its Casual SC for supereasyhappytime.

May try the engy again later when my brain retards a bit more.

dextermorgan

Arcane
The problem is I'm using my gold up as I get it at this point. Keep having to buy potions with it.
Well in that case there is an option of going back to Act II and rerolling the world so you can grind gold/items/potions until you're better prepared for Act III.

circ

Arcane
What triggers the Rotten Cellar area or something in Blightbogs? It didn't pop up with my outlander so I thought I just missed it when I found it later with my embermage. It's in the 'village' with the ruined houses. Found some good rare claw drop there, so got my zerker to act III, but now it won't trigger. Is it a random area pop, or is there some prerequisite?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Like Notch's Mine, it's random. Also, the TL2 editor has been added to the Steam registry so I'm guessing it should be available within the week. Now the influx of mods can begin.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Embermage on Hardcore, I placed 3 Focus, 1 Dex and 1 Vit every level, play with wand and shield, mainly Ice with Storm Locust as helper againt ice-resistant creatures:

Act I - :codexisfor:
Act I closer to end - :retarded:
Act II - :hmmm:
Act II shock helicopters and mechanical boss -
Myspace-Graphics-Fun-Animations-027.gif

Act II genie boss - :what:

Act III - :codexisfor:(basically, lot of stuff kills me in 3 hits, but I do same to them - two elemental buffs, ice mass debuff and one ice spell).

Why can't I for once resist playing glass-cannon build?
So many pathetic skills in this game. 40% of weapon DPS juggling around balls skill? Right. Near a skill which does four times damage and grows with my level, and hits everything on a screen. The embermage clone is also the shittiest summon spell I ever seen. I wonder if there's any build in the game which is close to a good pet-build? I like engineer turret tree. Seems fun.

Like the loot system. Got like 10 oranges, they all either maces or axes, or engineer-only. So I drop few items with engineer-only loot in "horadric cube", and... I get another orange engineer-only item. Fucking game is trolling me.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Embermage on Hardcore, I placed 3 Focus, 1 Dex and 1 Vit every level, play with wand and shield, mainly Ice with Storm Locust as helper againt ice-resistant creatures:

Why can't I for once resist playing glass-cannon build?
So many pathetic skills in this game. 40% of weapon DPS juggling around balls skill? Right. Near a skill which does four times damage and grows with my level, and hits everything on a screen. The embermage clone is also the shittiest summon spell I ever seen. I wonder if there's any build in the game which is close to a good pet-build? I like engineer turret tree. Seems fun.

Like the loot system. Got like 10 oranges, they all either maces or axes, or engineer-only. So I drop few items with engineer-only loot in "horadric cube", and... I get another orange engineer-only item. Fucking game is trolling me.

Engineer, Vitality build. All Vita, maybe up to 100 Dex for dodge later on. High blocking skill and absurd returns on armor and health. Go for Spider mines, Gunbot and Sledgebot (Obv healbot) and just spam mines to clear shit, gunbot/sledgebot on rotating cooldowns. Stack %## Increase in Minion damage gear and just let your shit blow stuff up. Im semi following a build for a HC Engineer atm from runics forums. Finally got my spidermines which are just rape incarnate (on both enemies AND my paltry mana pool)

My Embermage died at 19 to a 3 on 1 gangbang from goblin archers, im not having much luck, but its fun!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
A friend gave it to me and i like it a lot. Reminds me a lot more of diablo 2 then diablo 3 does, i am only level 9 though

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No fucking clickfest, no matter how refined, could be called incline....a hamburger no matter if it made with mammoth meat and human virgin milk will always be a hamburger.

A hamburger can be a decline of hamburgers. And Hobo Elf was saying that Act 2 and beyond was a decline compared to Act 1.

BaconAndEggs

Augur
Still a very enjoyable ARPG for what it is. Hoping that mod support gets big and we see custom maps and larger/more random Act areas. I want to get lost!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
No fucking clickfest, no matter how refined, could be called incline....a hamburger no matter if it made with mammoth meat and human virgin milk will always be a hamburger.

If you're overly pretentious, maybe.

circ

Arcane

A hamburger can be a decline of hamburgers. And Hobo Elf was saying that Act 2 and beyond was a decline compared to Act 1.
Eeh. Act 2 was ass, but it picked up in act 3, if that was the imperial camp. But then headed straight to crap again when you got to the dwarven 'dungeons'. Out of all the dungeons, the most interesting continued to be the act 1 crypts.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
HP bloat in elite is very noticable, finished HC Elite with a cheesebuild engineer. Max Vita, Healbot, bulwark, spider mines (stop at tiers for less mana rape), gunbot, sledgebot and forcefield. Pick +Minion damage on items, or +Fire for the spiders DoT, grab a wand and shield and get skeletons, animal handling, blocking and blood zombie if you can (Great for level 1 to have it to start with if you have it). Super cheese summoner build with idiotic HP (Shit will still oneshot you, traps in Djinn's arena, fire in act 3 swamp, fire grate in act 4, assorted bosses) so keep your distance and just spam skeletons, spider mines and gunbot/sledge alternating on cooldowns. It was fairly easy for a cheesebuild, and the summons help keep the oneshotting mobs away from you and the investing solely in Vitality gives stupid HP, Armor and blocking.

Still, I play it on veteran and it feels too easy.

Patch Notes 1.17.x.14

Pets

• Owl pet added
  • Badger pet added
Languages

• Russian language now available
  • Polish language now available
General

• Several spelling errors fixed
  • Dimensions fixed on one texture
  • A lot of internal fixes to support translations better, and copy-pasting of cyrillic characters and use of IME
  • Characters with certain special characters in their names won't fail to save
  • Attacks that deal weapon% no longer give bonus crit for values over 100%
  • Missiles with an AoE were not properly taking into account some untargetable states
  • Run speed bonuses were sometimes added twice
  • Fixed Trillbot achievement quest
Skills

• Engineer
    • Rank 8 and 9 or Seismic Slam scale soak values properly on direct damage
    • Flame Hammer, Ember Hammer and Emberquake correctly list staves in requirements
  • Berserker
    • Storm hatchet now targets better on slopes
    • Storm hatchet should be less likely to collide with walls and more likely to collide with units
    • Ravage knockback/slow resistance fixed
    • Ravage falls back to autoattack when mana is low
    • Battle rage properly refreshes now
    • Shadowbind procs now level properly
  • Embermage
    • Rank 4 of Firestorm now has correct max damage
    • Issues w/ Prismatic Bolt duration effects resolved
    • Fixed mana cost for rank 10 of Infernal Collapse
Spells

• Made requirement reduction spells work properly
Items

• Rifle and Cannons now use weapon damage instead of DPS - fast weapons were stronger than intended, slow weapons were weaker than intended
  • A non functioning proc on the Tundra set was converted to a functioning Lifesteal
  • Tomes of Weapon Expertise (spells) now correctly state that they improve Claw use, amongst the other weapons
  • New ring for Emberweave set
  • New pants for Embercraft set
  • Legendary wand Earth Dies Screaming can no longer crash the game
  • Fixed some issues with item-based proximity effects getting doubled
Maps

• Various pathing and collision fixes
  • Various new boss rooms added for maproom maps
  • Several new Phase Beast rooms added
  • Can't be knocked behind fence in Arena of Slaughter
Monsters

• Exploding zombies now strike only once per explosion
  • King gels have champion resistances and minion gels cannot be charmed
Recipes

• Transmutation recipe for sockets can't eat gems with no return.
Random Maps

• Some random map affixes better tuned
Quest Related

• You must talk to the guardian of mana before you can enter the dungeon from Act 4 hub
  • Some players stuck in a state where their quests will not advance, or the final quest will not complete, allowing access to the mapworks, should be resolved.
System

• Fix for crash in certain circumstances when wearing gear that requires a requirement reduction spell
  • Fixed crash when quitting the game from the options menu while the shared stash is open.

Stabwound

Arcane
I barely played it, but it seems infinitely better than TL2 for a multitude of reasons. The conbat is a bit iffy, but the super complex skill tree, unique items, league system and more make it seem like it is going to the be the ultimate DIabloe 2-like game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Oh, cool, they are adding new pets too. Too bad none of the other fixes or changes really affect or interest me, like fixing the awful skill system.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with the lack of balance fixes and the relatively slow rate they come out. I mentioned it before but given the time it took them to produce this I really doubt we'll see any kind of significant improvement in a TL3... at least not for another three or four years unless they double the size of their company.

BaconAndEggs

Augur
I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with the lack of balance fixes and the relatively slow rate they come out. I mentioned it before but given the time it took them to produce this I really doubt we'll see any kind of significant improvement in a TL3... at least not for another three or four years unless they double the size of their company.

Agreed... hoping that Runic puts the mod tools out sometime this century so at least modders can fix the game balance if needed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Been playing for awhile now, all Berzerker.

I've got some gripes, but I'll save all except one. The armor mechanics are fucked, but knowing how can help you greatly.

Armor is a flat reduction of monster damage, which means that armor is essentially the same thing as health.

So, for instance, an armor with 30 armor will reduce monster damage by 30 points, while an armor with 10 armor and 40 health points effectively reduces it by 50. This gets especially ridiculous at end game, apparently, as armors max out at, say, 300 armor, while certain gems can give you 1.5k health, meaning the gem has 5 times the effectiveness of the armor itself. It's the same for elemental armor. A piece of equipment with 20 health points will be superior to an armor with 19 of all elemental resists, since they are flat reductions, too.

I've started a new character with this understanding. In the past I would have simply thrown out the 2 armor armor with 20 health for the 5 armor armor. At level 10 I have a chest piece that has 5 armor and 115 health. That's like an armor with, well, 115 armor.

Still having fun, though.

Really? I instinctively stacked health because i didn't know what armor did. Wise decision i guess.

I'm playing Engineer on elite, but apparently i messed up because i'm maxing Flame Hammer and Force Field and the two don't go together because they both compete for charges. Apparently the best build is Emberquake + Forcefield while rasing focus to the max, but that seems to play out like a melee mage of sort, which is not exactly what i planned my Engineer to be.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hmm. I got the game during the Steam sale and played a bit. It seems as if they made it even easier than it was before during the beta, on veteran setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom