Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Todd Howard talks about Fallout

jplestat

Novice
Amasius said:
Aged? Fallout is aged like a good Bordeaux. I can do very well without all the modern stuff like Questmarker and instant travel. Multiple quest solutions and good dialogue never gets old.

That is generally not necessarily true outside of the Codex here. Truth be told, as much as I admire it and enjoyed it for a while, all the dialogue in PS:T got old, very old, before I could finish the game.

The esteemed Codex will hate FO3 just as it hates just about everything

sqeecoo

Arcane
jplestat said:
Amasius said:
Aged? Fallout is aged like a good Bordeaux. I can do very well without all the modern stuff like Questmarker and instant travel. Multiple quest solutions and good dialogue never gets old.

That is generally not necessarily true outside of the Codex here. Truth be told, as much as I admire it and enjoyed it for a while, all the dialogue in PS:T got old, very old, before I could finish the game.

It's a good thing you had enough attention span to finish writing your po

jplestat

Novice
sqeecoo said:
jplestat said:
Amasius said:

It's a good thing you had enough attention span to finish writing your po

I did finish my point. Whst id your point, exactly?

Helton

Arcane
jplestat said:

Not too sharp? He didn't mean to say point, but post. See, it appeared that you couldn't be assed to string together an entire, coherent

jplestat

Novice
Helton said:
jplestat said:

Not too sharp? He didn't mean to say point, but post. See, it appeared that you couldn't be assed to string together an entire, coherent

What exactly is incomprehensible or unfinished about my original post?

Helton

Arcane
jplestat said:

How the hell would I know? Shit, was I missing when they assigned me as your god damn den mother?

If you can't understand the gibbly-gab you type at least try to know what you don't understand before you come asking me to divine it all for you.

But, just 'cause I'm feelin' real yiffy, most sentences end with some kind of signifier.

Message!

jplestat

Novice
Helton said:
jplestat said:

How the hell would I know? Shit, was I missing when they assigned me as your god damn den mother?

If you can't understand the gibbly-gab you type at least try to know what you don't understand before you come asking me to divine it all for you.

But, just 'cause I'm feelin' real yiffy, most sentences end with some kind of signifier.

Message!

That is a complete sentence. What is your issue?

Helton

Arcane
jplestat said:

Oh, for fuck's sake! I feel like Promethius after too much Taco Bell. I'm having fucking labor pains delivering this fire but instead of taking notes Urgh (that's you) is just marvelling at the pretty light.

Punctuation you neanderthal nitwit! It's easier than fucking Geicko. The little dot key. You do know what a dot is, right Urgh?

Elhoi! You poor, forsaken bastard.

Micmu

Magister
jplestat said:

That it's a classic hyperbole "OMG THEY HAET ALL GAEMS!1" which makes you a dick. Now this is OLD.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Todd Howard said:
We make the game WE would run to the store and buy.

thats the honest thing about bethesda, unlike evil bioware who dumb down their games to get the most sales by exploiting the retardation of the masses...... bethesda dont need to do such things.... they ARE as retarded as the masses, and because of that they sell so well. games for idiots made by idiots.

Todd Howard said:
One of the popular letters we get is from someone who’s had a life-changing experience, or gone through a bad time, and had to write us to tell us how much Morrowind/Oblivion meant to them.

yeah i can picture it already

"dear bethesda, since my 9th year of life i m fighting against cancer and various other diseases and had no faith in the world anymore. i couldnt picture anything else was worse than my life.... but then i saw what incredible sickness got to the cRPG genre via the oblivion virus. i watched the utter dumbfucking of millions of people and then i thought: hey i might have only one testicle and no hair anymore, but at least i got a fucking brain working still unlike these poor retarded masses of oblivion fanboys. "

Todd Howard said:
It’s like a car crash you just have to watch sometimes, lots of violence and parts exploding, but there is something awesome in its power.

holy shit..... no comment

Todd Howard said:
I think I know what it feels like to adopt kids now, because we adopted Fallout and for the last 3 years we have been doing our best to care for it, and now I love it like it had been our child forever; and soon, very soon, we can show him to the world again. I think he’s got something to say, and I think it’s important.

"Daddy touched me in this and this and that place, Mr. Police Officer."

Shadowrun, Fallout, Warhammer:Mark of Chaos..... 3 of my favourite settings raped in the timespan of 1 year, yay. why cant you make a fucking TES:Batman returns if you like it so much ? i m pretty sure that license would go better with the mass market anyhow.

Vamp

Educated
Guys, don't be so harsh on Todd. It's not his fault he was born a retard...

Fez

Erudite
Don't ask. You really don't want to know if you are lucky enough to be unsoiled by it.

dagorkan

Arbiter
You feel me, I'll feel you. Lets feel each other, we'll feel good.

sqeecoo

Arcane
jplestat said:

My point id that your attention span is to short to enjoy PST.

Helton, your posts are quite funny, but all the letters got old, very old, before I could finish reading them all. I think there should be more pictures on this forum. And turn based forums are so outdated, we should have a real time first person forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom