Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Todd Howard talks about Fallout

doctor_kaz

Scholar
That post is so crazy that it's better than any parody that The Codex could write. Reality is often more hilarious than fiction.

Avu

Liturgist
I think I know what it feels like to adopt kids now, because we adopted Fallout and for the last 3 years we have been doing our best to care for it, and now I love it like it had been our child forever; and soon, very soon, we can show him to the world again. I think he’s got something to say, and I think it’s important.

That's about the thing that really stuck out into my head and what it shouted was child abuse. I think I now know how child abusers think.

stargelman

Scholar
Avu said:
I think I know what it feels like to adopt kids now, because we adopted Fallout and for the last 3 years we have been doing our best to care for it, and now I love it like it had been our child forever; and soon, very soon, we can show him to the world again. I think he’s got something to say, and I think it’s important.

That's about the thing that really stuck out into my head and what it shouted was child abuse. I think I now know how child abusers think.
"It's mine and I can do whatever the hell I want to it!"

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Todd may like to talk, but you guys aren't any better, just on the other end of the spectrum. Sometimes the Codex reminds me unfavourably of a high school class bullying the class nerd.

elander_

Arbiter
GhanBuriGhan said:
Todd may like to talk, but you guys aren't any better, just on the other end of the spectrum. Sometimes the Codex reminds me unfavourably of a high school class bullying the class nerd.

Who gives a shit about good manners. If that's what it needs to get your message through the hype machine then be it.

Cimmerian Nights

Liturgist
We're more like Fallout's Praetorian Guard, it's our duty to protect the Emperor, but when he becomes corrupted and loses our loyalty and respect, it's also our duty to ridicule, humiliate, or ultimately assassinate him.

Although its name has become synonymous with intrigue, conspiracy, disloyalty and assassination, it could be argued that for the first two centuries of its existence the Praetorian Guard was, on the whole, a positive force in the Roman state. During this time it mostly removed (or allowed the removal of) cruel, weak, and unpopular emperors while generally supporting just, strong, and popular ones. By protecting these monarchs, thus extending their reigns, and also by keeping the disorders of the mobs of Rome and the intrigues of the Senate in line, the Guard helped give the empire a much needed stability that led to the period known as the Pax Romana.
Starring Herve Caen as Nero?

mister lamat

Scholar
i wouldn't say 'high school bullies' but rather angry fluffers pissed they just got a bit of jubjub in the eye... yet still lap it up.

it's cute.

Bradylama

Arcane
Is it too late for me to go against the grain? Codex, what a bunch 'a queers. Am I right, guys?

elander_

Arbiter
"i wouldn't say 'high school bullies' but rather angry fluffers pissed they just got a bit of jubjub in the eye... yet still lap it up.
it's cute."

You have some talent kid but this is about rpgs not your ego so close your mouth hole because you are not getting any.

"Is it too late for me to go against the grain? Codex, what a bunch 'a queers. Am I right, guys?"

I have to agree with one thing, Todd is just trying to provoke with his dismissive "old" and "nostalgic" remarks while saying absolutely nothing and it makes the Codex look a bit fluffy putting any amount of energy answering these provocations.

Deal with it, the game will never be a Fallout successor. In the best of possible scenarios it may imitate DeusEx gameplay and have a not so sucky story. The times ahead may be shity times with them flooding fans with tons of weapons and armor screenshots and pictures of npcs modeled from famous hollywood actors. So save your ammunition and don't make this site hard to read.

Section8

Cipher

I see us as being more like the rag tag band of misfits who are being thrown out of our rental homes because the rich guy wants to knock them down and expand his country club. The rich guy's son is a fucking tool, and so we talk behind his back about how much of a jackass he is. We'd do it to his face, but he never comes to our place, and we're not welcome at his.

And then one day, we come across a map and go on a great adventure together.

Helioth

Scholar
Some of you are too cruel for your own good... but... so funny !
I mean, it may be that he's just copying other peoples marketing stunts and not really honestly expressing anything but damn, you don't even seem to think about that before bitchslapping him with the smelliest trout you can find eh ?

You can see things both ways, that's a whole load of waffle for 'inspiration' though.
Apparently people 'know' they are ignorant ala socrates but, keep forgetting it, and act lilke they know before they can, really.

I guess none of you care about hurting people, over forums especially when the people who's arguments and delusional ramblings you're destroying definately don't dedicate days to debate the delicate balance between the delectable and downright disastrously yawn inducing gameplay mechanics.
Um.

Todd said 'it wasn't me' right ?

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
This is what Todd's going to do to Fallout:
doom0000bd8.png

Top Hat

Scholar
D For Delusion?

Helioth said:
arguments and delusional ramblings you're destroying definately don't dedicate days to debate the delicate balance between the delectable and downright disastrously yawn inducing gameplay mechanics.

aboyd

Liturgist
Helioth said:
I guess none of you care about hurting people, over forums especially when the people who's arguments and delusional ramblings you're destroying definately don't dedicate days to debate the delicate balance between the delectable and downright disastrously yawn inducing gameplay mechanics.
Well, if Todd is hurt by this forum, I guess I'll pay for his plane ticket.

miles foreman

Scholar
aboyd said:
Helioth said:
Well, if Todd is hurt by this forum, I guess I'll pay for his plane ticket.

Todd Howard said:
Listen, I know its hard for an invalid, who has been protected by the system and sheltered inside his whole life due to being useless and unemployed, to understand why people just don’t cross certain lines, but I need you to understand something. I’m going to hurt you bad. Old, retarded, invalid, it doesn’t matter now. When I see you, no matter how pathetic you look, I’m going to fucking rape every orifice of your body and then pee in them all. I know you feel safe, locked in your filthy, section-8 apartment, posting on the internet where no one can physically get to you. And you’ll probably feel that way until I kick in your door, kick in your teeth, and stick my cock in your ass. And I know how pathetic you are, that’s why your comment really didn’t get me mad. You are lacking the mental capacity to understand you don’t talk about other people’s kids, and especially don’t wish them death. You just can’t understand that or anything beyond lying on the internet all day. And keep in mind that while I’m washing the jism I shot in your eyes out with my urine stream, that I’m not doing it out of hate, since I can’t hate the truly pathetic. I’ll actually be doing it because your parents didn’t know how to raise someone right and ended up producing you. Think of it as tough-love. I’m also going to break all your fingers so you can’t do the one thing you can do and look forward to: type on the internet to much.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
miles foreman said:
Todd Howard said:
Listen, I know its hard for an invalid, who has been protected by the system and sheltered inside his whole life due to being useless and unemployed, to understand why people just don’t cross certain lines, but I need you to understand something. I’m going to hurt you bad. Old, retarded, invalid, it doesn’t matter now. When I see you, no matter how pathetic you look, I’m going to fucking rape every orifice of your body and then pee in them all. I know you feel safe, locked in your filthy, section-8 apartment, posting on the internet where no one can physically get to you. And you’ll probably feel that way until I kick in your door, kick in your teeth, and stick my cock in your ass. And I know how pathetic you are, that’s why your comment really didn’t get me mad. You are lacking the mental capacity to understand you don’t talk about other people’s kids, and especially don’t wish them death. You just can’t understand that or anything beyond lying on the internet all day. And keep in mind that while I’m washing the jism I shot in your eyes out with my urine stream, that I’m not doing it out of hate, since I can’t hate the truly pathetic. I’ll actually be doing it because your parents didn’t know how to raise someone right and ended up producing you. Think of it as tough-love. I’m also going to break all your fingers so you can’t do the one thing you can do and look forward to: type on the internet to much.
:lol:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Wow. Just wow. That is one crazy mother fucker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom