Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To males: would you play a forced female character?

How would you feel about playing a forced female in an RPG?

• I don't give a shit either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seems strange but if there's a good reason for it, sure.

• I would not play that game.

• I play female anyway. DAT ASS.

• Total voters
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Black Cat said:
Dicksmoker said:
Considering how females get butthurt over having to play a male, I'm wondering how most of you males would feel if it was the other way around.

As long as you are not talking about that crazy girl who wanted to mod TNO out of Planescape
Yes, we're talking about her. And there are also others like her...

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Well, this is one of my favorite game's characters:
Blood-rayne.jpg

A male vampire sucking blood out of all these nazis would feel gay, to a point of being unplayable.

Data4

Arcane
ortucis said:
Data4 said:
grdja said:
Tomb Raider, NOLF, Drakan, Heavy Metal FAKK 2... tons and tons of games.

And in games with obligatory 3rd person... make a choice what's less gay:
spending 15 hours staring into some (a)wesome dude's tight ass and broad masculine shoulders
OR
looking at some nice pixel lady ass hips and back.

How about Option 3: Not sexualizing my on-screen avatar and, instead of having some invisible gun (read: Freudian urges) force me to stare at his ass (if male), pay more attention to what the fuck is going on around said avatar.

No.

You can't have a third person game and then design it so that players will "pay more attention to what the fuck is going around". Design or play a FPS game if you want that. The whole point of TP game is to see and enjoy the avatar you/designer created, else all MMO's would've been first person. Customizing your avatar and being proud of your new armor or boots is what makes it all fun in most RPG's. If there is no customization, in games like Splinter Cell it's just too damn awesome to watch Sam Fisher do all the awesome stuff over some invisible hands poking out from the screen.

No.

Not once did I give a shit about how schexay Geralt looked in TW. Nor Nico or CJ in the last two GTAs. TP gives me situational awareness that FP games don't give. While I actually prefer FP, I take advantage of the utility TP offers. Anyone worried about looking at the ass of a male avatar secretly wants a long, fat, black cock up their own.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Don't care either way. Hell I was given the choice in ME and STILL picked femshep so I wouldn't have to listen to Mark Meer.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I would play as a female character, although I generally choose males wearing helmets if given the option.

However, I would not roleplay a female character.

Well there would be no problem for me playing a female character if she's well defined, I had to play TNO and didn't have a choice neither and it didn't bothered me a bit.

Black Cat

Magister
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Yes, we're talking about her. And there are also others like her...

Indeed, but they still are nothing but a very loud minority. It is kind of dishonest to speak of such individuals as being the rule (i.e: "Considering how females get butthurt over having to play a male") when in most gaming comunities with an important enough presence of female gamers, or even with female gamers being the main target, such individuals are actually seen, when outright hostile about it, with as much scorn as here or elsewhere.

Dire Roach

Prophet
I would be interested in playing a third-person perspective game where you can see the main character's anus. More so if they can perform a goatse animation.

Paperclip

Liturgist
Being forced to play as a female was a deal breaker for me because I project myself as the (main) character in the game. Nowadays I think I've gained the ability to play as a 3rd person/observer so it's less a problem but most of the time, I'd still like to play as a male if given the choice.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
There is probably such mod for oblivious.
I was tempted to do a quick search, expecting to find it within minutes, but then decided it was probably better for my sanity if I don't find it.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Gordon Freeman said:
Well, this is one of my favorite game's characters:
Blood-rayne.jpg

A male vampire sucking blood out of all these nazis would feel gay, to a point of being unplayable.

:bro:

dbx

Arcane
Patron
on a side note: which alignment do you follow when playing female/male characters?

Thinking of it, my male PC always end up being neutral/chaotic good, while female ones always end up being biowarian xtreme evil.
maybe i secretely crave some BSDM...

Micmu

Magister
"To males: would you play a forced female character?"

Sure, why not. And I'll let her be forced over and over again!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom