Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To males: would you play a forced female character?

How would you feel about playing a forced female in an RPG?

• I don't give a shit either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seems strange but if there's a good reason for it, sure.

• I would not play that game.

• I play female anyway. DAT ASS.

• Total voters

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Considering how females get butthurt over having to play a male, I'm wondering how most of you males would feel if it was the other way around.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Troll topic? Look at NOLF, look at Tomb Raider. Guys don't give a damn. If anything they're glad to have some eye-candy.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
didn't mind in "beyond good & evil" and didn't mind in "tomb raider"... don't think i'd mind in any other game either

it's about the character being believable or at least interesting and not about whether it has a dick

Morkar Left

For 1 char rpgs I prefer male characters only. For other games I don't give a damn.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing female characters whenever I can anyway. But I don't care about "forced" characters at all, especially if gender and/or race is required for the story, like in PST or Witcher.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There are good and bad situational reasons for this. If it is like NOLF, (to be quirky and exhibit thematic irony for 007), fine, if it is so you can capture some female market with romance bullshit while having less work fuck you.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why does Mike Thorton have to be a guy in Alpha Protocol? I mean, Michelle Thorton would've work as well. So many guys to screw and seduce to get what you want. And lesbians possibly.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jasede said:
Troll topic? Look at NOLF, look at Tomb Raider. Guys don't give a damn. If anything they're glad to have some eye-candy.
In an RPG is the question.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Don't really care either way. Heck, I think my characters are about 40% male - 60% female in RPGs so I went with DAT ASS. It's good if the world notices your gender, otherwise why bother at all?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't care at all about gender of a character. Personality is what I care about. And the story.

grdja

Augur
Tomb Raider, NOLF, Drakan, Heavy Metal FAKK 2... tons and tons of games.

And in games with obligatory 3rd person... make a choice what's less gay:
spending 15 hours staring into some (a)wesome dude's tight ass and broad masculine shoulders
OR
looking at some nice pixel lady ass hips and back.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Voted "I don't give a shit either way." As long as the story and game-play element of a game are fantastic, I don't give a fucking shit what sex my character is, even when forced with no choice.

It's a bit of a turnoff, just because most female characters, given the writing quality in games, are so fucking godawful; much worse than most male characters by many orders of magnitude. GRRRRLLLLL POWER! types are really annoying, but I can put up with them if the gameplay is good enough; think Bayonetta*. Basically, I don't care in a perfect gaming world, because all characters would probably be decently done and compelling. But given the world we are in, female characters tend to be a hallmark of shit characterization, and are like a big sign "AVOID ME!" hung round the game's neck.

*Bayonetta was a terribly unlikeable protagonist for an action game, even coming close to topping the Goon of War, Kratos. Jesus Christ, how hard is it to make either a goofball like Haggar, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, and/or Gene, or a ninja (for real, Ryu Hayabusa and Joe Musashi combined probably have less lines over their "careers" than the Master chief does in the first Halo)? Not everybody can make a Kain, and they really shouldn't try.

J1M

Arcane
This thread should now be about any new games that have the vibe of NOLF. So I can play them.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Jaesun said:
Voted "I don't give a shit either way." As long as the story and game-play element of a game are fantastic, I don't give a fucking shit what sex my character is, even when forced with no choice.

ortucis

Prophet
I always pick the female character when the game is third person. I'd rather stare at a Malkavian chick's ass (that short skirt..) over some Brujah male fatass.

On the side note, playing a male character (when there is no choice) doesn't really bother me at all. Just pick female form over male when given the option. Also, games which lock gender to classes are made by cunts. At least BioWare does this part right in their games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom