Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Things you'll do if AoD sucks bigtime

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not give a shit.

I have no expectations of this game and am not waiting with baited breath for its release.

I have learned to not listen to the hype, let alone believe it.

Vault Dweller said:
There was hype?
He's probably talking about all the subliminal messages you used to hide in every Mass Effect and Halo 3 trailer. Pretty useless if you ask me, although now and then I have this dream where the roman empire conquers the universe with massive legions of collar-grabbing armored cyborgs.
And O Fortuna plays in the background.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
For me, I'll be like that indian in the crying indian commercial. My homeland has been raped by outsiders, my people are scattered and destroyed, and me, alone and tired, trying to live an enlightened existence within modern decline. Then, as if by some grand irony, someone throws trash at my feet, and the final truth is displayed before my eyes that nothing will ever be sacred again. Then the collective cries of all my ancestors flows through me, and in an apex of emotion, a single tear rolls down my cheek.

That will be me if AoD sucks bigtime.

jagged-jimmy said:
Hate myself for geting a boxed edition...
:lol:

Redlands

Arcane
First, I shall write a heavily critical review, with cleverly captioned screenshots and submit it to the Codex.

Then, fueled by indignant rage at the state of the RPG scene, I shall secretly begin working on my own indie RPG.

Eventually, I will start posting threads about my ideas on the Codex, gathering various interested individuals around my ideas.

Once this has been accomplished, we shall begin crafting a RPG masterpiece. At first, it will have rudimentary, but practical graphics; a turn-based combat system, though combat will not be a heavy focus of the game; character development of several major fixed characters that is focused more on faction alignment and acquiring powers through research than on grinding for XP to improve physical stats.

By this time, various Codexians will get very excited by the options to "become a male sex-slave to gain access to an orgy", "have sex with a hot cannibal chick", "take over one or more drug cartels", "rape a princess" and "try to convince people to become furries". Choice and consequence possibilities include "Should I have them cut off my hands or my balls?", "Should I continue with the game, or fuck it and just shack up with some buxom farmer's daughter?", and "Should I choose to align with the warlord, the shaman, or kill both" (though I admit this one may be somewhat of a false choice as your controlled character will end up participating in a week-long sex orgy anyway). From this interest, I will get my subforum.

Strange individuals will become obsessed with my information: compiling FAQs and then going bipolar psycho on me because I neglected them in some way, someone asking about every minutiae of the game, people calling my game "shit" even though most of it isn't finished yet, and I haven't had time to dumb anything down (so unfair :-( )

Various other sites will become interested as more and more information is released. A website will be set up, and I'll set up my own forum. People once interested in discussing RPGs will move from both RPG Codex and ITS Forums to my own, causing the decline of these two older forums.

Other people seeing the work I put in will want to join up. This will result in the scrapping of the graphics engine and interface for a renovated look, delaying the game.

I will be interviewed by various RPG sites, where I will vent my irritation; I will let the hate flow through me and submit to the Dark (but Awesome) Side. There will even be a humorous caricature made of me.

However, with all the added improvements, the game development will continue, languishing as tweaks and QA is done to perfect it all. The release date - let's say "Sunday" - will become a Codexian meme, but that Sunday will continue to be delayed and delayed.

Eventually, the Codex will lose interest in my project, and start calling it vaporware; though this is mostly because I decided to spend my time arguing in some thread titled "Fallout 1 vs Fallout 2: which is better and why?" There will even be a thread, asking if the game will "suck big time".

Finally, me and my crew will finally be satisfied with everything, and we'll release the game.

The Codex, so consumed with being butthurt about everything that it doesn't even like Fallout, Planescape Torment or Arcanum any more, will call my game "banal/shit/boring"; and since nobody else will be really interested, the game will flop.

Some other Codexian will be so infuriated with the suckiness of my game that they will write a withering review, that will lead me and the other developers to enter into a murder/suicide pact to escape our shame. This reviewer, fuelled on bitter disgust and with a gleam in his nerdish eye, will wake up one morning with the thought "The only way for there to be a good RPG is for me to make one myself! Wait, that's an idea..." And then he will begin to sketch out the idea for an Egyptian-themed RPG....

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Melcar said:
Open up a cold one, load up my Wang Chung mix CD, lay back on my reclining chair, and dream of better days.

I don't think you are taking this very seriously. Wang Chung is not amused.

album20thcenturymasters.jpg

pipka

Savant
Do nothing. Be indifferent.
I don't anticipate games, and I don't expect something extraordinary from them.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Redlands said:
First, I shall write a heavily critical review, with cleverly captioned screenshots and submit it to the Codex.

Then, fueled by indignant rage at the state of the RPG scene, I shall secretly begin working on my own indie RPG.

Eventually, I will start posting threads about my ideas on the Codex, gathering various interested individuals around my ideas.

Once this has been accomplished, we shall begin crafting a RPG masterpiece. At first, it will have rudimentary, but practical graphics; a turn-based combat system, though combat will not be a heavy focus of the game; character development of several major fixed characters that is focused more on faction alignment and acquiring powers through research than on grinding for XP to improve physical stats.

By this time, various Codexians will get very excited by the options to "become a male sex-slave to gain access to an orgy", "have sex with a hot cannibal chick", "take over one or more drug cartels", "rape a princess" and "try to convince people to become furries". Choice and consequence possibilities include "Should I have them cut off my hands or my balls?", "Should I continue with the game, or fuck it and just shack up with some buxom farmer's daughter?", and "Should I choose to align with the warlord, the shaman, or kill both" (though I admit this one may be somewhat of a false choice as your controlled character will end up participating in a week-long sex orgy anyway). From this interest, I will get my subforum.

Strange individuals will become obsessed with my information: compiling FAQs and then going bipolar psycho on me because I neglected them in some way, someone asking about every minutiae of the game, people calling my game "shit" even though most of it isn't finished yet, and I haven't had time to dumb anything down (so unfair :-( )

Various other sites will become interested as more and more information is released. A website will be set up, and I'll set up my own forum. People once interested in discussing RPGs will move from both RPG Codex and ITS Forums to my own, causing the decline of these two older forums.

Other people seeing the work I put in will want to join up. This will result in the scrapping of the graphics engine and interface for a renovated look, delaying the game.

I will be interviewed by various RPG sites, where I will vent my irritation; I will let the hate flow through me and submit to the Dark (but Awesome) Side. There will even be a humorous caricature made of me.

However, with all the added improvements, the game development will continue, languishing as tweaks and QA is done to perfect it all. The release date - let's say "Sunday" - will become a Codexian meme, but that Sunday will continue to be delayed and delayed.

Eventually, the Codex will lose interest in my project, and start calling it vaporware; though this is mostly because I decided to spend my time arguing in some thread titled "Fallout 1 vs Fallout 2: which is better and why?" There will even be a thread, asking if the game will "suck big time".

Finally, me and my crew will finally be satisfied with everything, and we'll release the game.

The Codex, so consumed with being butthurt about everything that it doesn't even like Fallout, Planescape Torment or Arcanum any more, will call my game "banal/shit/boring"; and since nobody else will be really interested, the game will flop.

Some other Codexian will be so infuriated with the suckiness of my game that they will write a withering review, that will lead me and the other developers to enter into a murder/suicide pact to escape our shame. This reviewer, fuelled on bitter disgust and with a gleam in his nerdish eye, will wake up one morning with the thought "The only way for there to be a good RPG is for me to make one myself! Wait, that's an idea..." And then he will begin to sketch out the idea for an Egyptian-themed RPG....

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

True dat.

Derper

Prophet
I'm gonna cry, cry, cry and I'll cry alone,
When everyone's forgotten and I'm left on my own.
I'm gonna cry, cry, cry.

I'm gonna cry, cry, cry and I'll want VD there,
It'll hurt when I think of the fool I've been.
I'm gonna cry, cry, cry.

denizsi

Arcane
Everytime AoD is mentioned, I'll flood the thread with "WE GAVE YOU ADVICE BUT YOU JUST DIDNT LISTEN!"

Naked Ninja said:
Immediately jump off the ITS ship while publicly claiming "I was never really with those guys, really".

You also need to tell horror stories of what an abusive slavedriving son of a bitch VD was and that if there will be anything wrong with SoW, it will be his and his fault only?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom