Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Things you'll do if AoD sucks bigtime

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'll leave strongly worded posts of disapproval on the Iron Tower Forums.

What about you?

MisterStone

Arcane
Pick out poorly written descriptions or pieces of dialog and mock them. Publicly! On the Internet!

Secretninja

Cipher
th_180pxricki1os.gif

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll post a sarcastic response about the game never getting released, and will attach a screenshot from four years ago claiming that "this was fine", while secretly masturbating to Crysis 2 screenshots.

bat_boro

Arcane
I'll demand next time VD starts designing a game, he better get some help from a guy that actually could do it. That would be Todd Howard.

Hey guys, this is just in
<blockquote><b>Thursday, July 16</b>: Only weeks after the acquisition of legendary developer id Software, ZeniMax Media announces its purchase of indie studio "Iron Tower". Iron Tower has been developing "Age of Decadence", an "old school" title, for the past years. The game's future seemed uncertain, but ZeniMax declared that their famed subsidiary, Bethesda Softworks, will pick up the title and bring it to completion.
"We have always been interested in this project, and we are great fans of traditional, old-school gameplay" said Todd Howard, after confirming that the game will use the new Gamebryo 3 engine but will keep "most of the original project's content". He wouldn't release info on the game's new combat system, but said "think Fallout 3 with swords".
The original lead developer, Vince D. Weller, has been fired "because of unsatisfactory performance". He refused to comment the decision.
The game is expected to ship for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 in early 2010. A PC port "will be considered".</blockquote>
http://www.gamespot.com/news/3259803763 ... es;title;1

bat_boro

Arcane
The Vanished One said:
We have always been interested in this project, and we are great fans of traditional, old-school gameplay" said Todd Howard, after confirming that the game will use the new Gamebryo 3 engine but will keep "most of the original project's content". He wouldn't release info on the game's new combat system, but said "think Fallout 3 with swords".

A dream come true!
I hope they add some bloom to the game, that VD guy was clearly incompetent. An old-school, turn based, isometric RPG. What kind of an "old-school" RPG would that be, ffs? I don't remember anything like that in 2006

I'm gonna go watch the discussion on the ESF now.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Make an alt and start a new life. The new alt will be a polite and slightly insecure 14 year old, helping people to find something positive in everything and working on a Final Fantasy 7 conversion mod for Oblivion, which will probably never get done.

Melcar

Arcane
Open up a cold one, load up my Wang Chung mix CD, lay back on my reclining chair, and dream of better days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom