Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There is another world. There is a better world... Well... there must be (Doom Patrol)

Random

Arcane
Patron
You are clear to post, Vaarn McAarne.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
DcOyQ.jpg

MIIVP.jpg

2gzXV.jpg

6wRdX.jpg

upQTP.jpg

saEE2.jpg

qPPAW.jpg

Z8AJb.jpg

wbAPX.jpg

AC9WU.jpg

Hksay.jpg

wtCu8.jpg

wYfvu.jpg

Qxhuo.jpg

rqjWn.jpg

i8hox.jpg

VkIrc.jpg

oFafX.jpg

AwGI9.jpg

d7wZD.jpg

hCxUj.jpg

sW0wV.jpg

8fl0b.jpg

SvSpe.jpg

3xkgM.jpg

Sanjor

Novice
I've written several attempts at discussing the comic, but I'm quite speechless. These are most enjoyable to read and I thank you, Mr. Aarne.
:love:

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, I understand that the last issue caused quite a stir in the Kwa, due to breaking the norms of conservative bible belt and proving again that comics are a dangerous seditious artform that corrupts the innocent by having a gay gorilla and brain in a robot kiss.

Radisshu

Prophet
This last issue is one of the funnier things I've read. Also, I just read Willoughby Kipling was originally supposed to be John Constantine, which explains his character.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I was thinking that a Constantine cameo would be a lot more cool than just some random occultist showing up.

Random

Arcane
Patron
But seriously, Mallah and Brain's plan was to just waltz into the Doom Patrol's base and do whatever? Are you kidding me?

Vaarna_Aarne

But seriously, Mallah and Brain's plan was to just waltz into the Doom Patrol's base and do whatever? Are you kidding me?
It's so simple it's foolproof.

It's sad that this strategy is justifiable based on the sheer insanity of the comics themselves.
It's kinda justified by superhero comics in general. Superheroes would expect an elaborate plan of attack. This is just straight line from point A to point B, JLA would never see it coming.

Radisshu

Prophet
I think it's justified since this entire part basically is a comedy, the ridiculous Brain-Mallah romance is totally worth some weak points

EDIT: I actually remember reading an old Teen Titans comic where Mallah and the Brain were the villains when I was a kid, it was my mom's or my uncle's or something.

Radisshu

Prophet
I was thinking that a Constantine cameo would be a lot more cool than just some random occultist showing up.
It's not really a "random occultist", though, Kipling will show up a few more times, so it's more like the introduction of a recurring character.

lightbane

Arcane
It's so simple it's foolproof.

It's sad that this strategy is justifiable based on the sheer insanity of the comics themselves.
It's kinda justified by superhero comics in general. Superheroes would expect an elaborate plan of attack. This is just straight line from point A to point B, JLA would never see it coming.

I think it's more like the Doom Patrol is absolutely understaffed. Seriously. Also, at least three of the team are not very reliable during combat.

Vaarna_Aarne

That's true, there really isn't anyone in the base except the characters. And the Chief and Josh just buggered off to find chocolate.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Was that a cliffhanger or did they get stopped by an explosion caused by a buildup of ridiculous? I dont even know. Is this real life?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom