Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher Platinum Edition Released

Ausir

Arcane
The game was quite playable with the last pre-EE patch. Most of what the EE patch does is pretty up the character models.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Dny said:
Black_Willow said:
DU bitched about downloading a patch to have the game patched.
This thread is now complete.

A game that was so shitty on release that they had to deliver gigs of patch to make it work right, I don't see anything positive here. I don't know what they did to the game engine that was delivered to them by Bioware but god all the loading times, the crash to desktop... they raped it.
Oh puh-leaze!
the loading times issue was fixed in patch 1.3, which is about 30o MB.
And TW wasn't nearly as buggy as, let's say *cough* Troika's games *cough*.

Hory

Erudite
Ausir said:
This edition is actually called Platinum simply because CD Projekt's line of bargain bin editions of various older games in Poland is now called Platinum Series.
Which comes from the platinum watches on the corporate executives' hands.

DraQ

Arcane
Dny said:
Black_Willow said:

A game that was so shitty on release that they had to deliver gigs of patch to make it work right, I don't see anything positive here.
Derp.

Except I never had issues with unpatched TW. Ok, the load times were long, but that's it.

relootz

Scholar
DraQ said:
Dny said:
Black_Willow said:

A game that was so shitty on release that they had to deliver gigs of patch to make it work right, I don't see anything positive here.
Derp.

Except I never had issues with unpatched TW. Ok, the load times were long, but that's it.

Seconded. No problems at all.

Murk

Arcane
Black_Willow said:
Oh puh-leaze!
the loading times issue was fixed in patch 1.3, which is about 30o MB.
And TW wasn't nearly as buggy as, let's say *cough* Troika's games *cough*.

Bad comparison man - I'd rather have any one of troika's games in its worst condition than a perfectly running Witcher.

I had a fucking hell of a time getting EE to run with my video card, too. Had to revert to 1+ year old drivers (catalyst 9.2 I think) to get it to function at all, and as a result I ended up with strange artifacts all over the game (and probably worse performance). Though it was neat to see a gigantic spike ridden pink blob of a ghoul come at me only to realize that when its spikes touched me it was still on the other side of the cemetary. I wish I had taken screenshots of it but eh.

And shit, I even LIKED the witcher (was a p. good adventure game, hoo hoooo).

phelot said:
It's nice and all that they keep supporting the game so much, but it got fucking stupid for awhile there with all the renames and shit. Just say that the latest editions of the game are gonna come with more shit rather then making Ultimate Ultra Ass Fucking The Witcher Edition Ultimate

Arcanoix

Scholar
Brother None said:
Arcanoix said:
at full price.

I doubt it. So far all editions of the Witcher have been sold at identical price points.

Right, but notice that the original Witcher went from $49.99 to $39.99 right before the Enhanced Edition came out. When the Enhanced Edition came out, the original game was taken off store shelves. I remember trying to buy the original and GameStop's register actually said, "Do Not Sell". I had to settle for the "Enhanced Edition", which came out a week later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom