Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News The Witcher Enhanced Edition announced

Solaris

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
There are a lot of songs inspired by it, like this. It was supposed to come with the collector's edition, but for some reason or another, it didn't, despite saying it did on the box.
Ah, well, the artbook was awesome anyway.

Yeah, I bought the CE (UK version) as well and the art book is indeed very nice.

I rarely ever buy CE's for games but my instincts told me The Witcher was gonna be a bit special...certainly wasn't wrong there.

Only downer is like Hazelnut I can't reg the game. Fuck knows why, I have XP fully updated, as well as IE and Firefox etc and reg'd a user account on their site ok....supoose I should get this sorted with the CDP guys so I can download the extra stuff in May.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Madman said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Madman said:
Admiral jimbob said:
There are a lot of songs inspired by it, like this. It was supposed to come with the collector's edition,

it wasn't.

The CD of songs inspired by the game? Says on the back of my CE box that it's meant to have it.

Poland? Cause here it wasn't, and in june when we were in studio in warsaw they confirmed that it will be available to buy. But i don't know how it was in other countries. If your box claims it should contain this CD, than maybe you had a bad luck and got not full copy? My CE doesn't say that, but again, i'm in poland.

Polish Collector's Edition doesn't have the "Inspired by" CD, Western European and Russian Limited Editions do. But the European version doesn't have the OST.

I'm in the UK.

Yeah, I bought the CE (UK version) as well and the art book is indeed very nice.

I rarely ever buy CE's for games but my instincts told me The Witcher was gonna be a bit special...certainly wasn't wrong there.

I, er, wasn't actually intending to, but they'd sold out of the regular one. Don't regret it.

This is a rather incredible move by CDP. It's also a huge gamble; I really hope it'll translate into profits, but I don't think the odds are that great. Still, if they think they made enough cash on the Witcher to be able to just spend without immediate returns (and I'm betting these are reasonably high sums we're talking about here, redoing translations and voice-overs and spending God knows how many man-hours on the editor isn't cheap) -- then all the power to them. Consider me impressed. Awed, even.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, many of the technical changes had to be done for the probable sequel - it's not like they decided to abandon the series and are doing it all because they like to lose money. It's great the first game will get more fixes.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Quick question i was just over at gogamer to see if the enhanced version was available for preorder (Mass Effect is already available for pre-order) and all i could find was the regular U.S. release and an "Unrated" Version for sale, which got me wondering.
Is this enhanced version unrated (meaning the actually topless drawings on the collection cards) or are we going to have two versions or just one with no unrated stuff?

denizsi

Arcane
"Unrated" version must be a European import, like UK the version. Smart naming actually, so you know the US version is censored and they also have the uncensored version. If it weren't for this talk of Enhanced version confusing you, you'd probably get it that way as well.

edit: I haven't noticed this distinction about soundtracks before. Here is what is written on my CE box regarding the soundtrack:

The Official CD Soundtrack Including 29 Tracks From Or Inspired By The Witcher Game

I haven't noticed the "or inspired by" part before. I think I have the European version; it has 3 rating prints on it; one for PEGI, one for the UK's bbfc and one for Germany's USK. The box had only the OST.

edit 2: I just spotted this shot and found it funny for obvious reasons:

galeria%5Cgaleria_duze%5C-1366108953.jpg

Texas Red

Whiner
CD Project should revitalize the Fallout/Arcanum RPG formula. As far as I'm concerned, these games established a basis for how RPGs should work, yet through some wacky marketing mix up nobody ever took it up.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Sorry for the bumb but will the EE game make it to the USA in ay or is this going to be a Europe only release? They said it would depend on the publisher. Anyone know if Atari picked this version up?

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Herbert West said:
Here are the most important changes!

*By that I mean level loading times, which will be reduced by 80%, the stability of the game on different configurations,

*First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions.

*Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters.

*Over 50 new supporting character models will be added, so that the player won't run into the same person too often.

*The inventory panel will be re-designed and improved

*Both Geralt and the NPCs will get over 100 new animated gestures which will make their "body language" during a conversation much more natural. Additionally, the face animation and lip-sync system will be re-created, making the faces of the speakers now even more natural as well.

Fuck me, isn't this an exemplary patch? [hopefyly it'll be available in a patch, not only in the new edition!]
...I came :shock:

fastpunk

Arbiter
Now that's a serious list of improvements. Glad I didn't buy the game yet, the enhanced edition is looking like the shit right now!

Texas Red

Whiner
Ahzaruuk said:
Herbert West said:
Here are the most important changes!

*By that I mean level loading times, which will be reduced by 80%, the stability of the game on different configurations,

*First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions.

*Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters.

*Over 50 new supporting character models will be added, so that the player won't run into the same person too often.

*The inventory panel will be re-designed and improved

*Both Geralt and the NPCs will get over 100 new animated gestures which will make their "body language" during a conversation much more natural. Additionally, the face animation and lip-sync system will be re-created, making the faces of the speakers now even more natural as well.

Fuck me, isn't this an exemplary patch? [hopefyly it'll be available in a patch, not only in the new edition!]
...I came :shock:

Yeah, I lost my virginity to CD Project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom