Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News The Witcher Enhanced Edition announced

AdrianWerner

Novice
cardtrick said:
I would be shocked to see 80% reduction in load times, for example.
I think they mean 80% compared to boxed version. Because 80% reduction of load times is what patch 1.2 already did.

Lukas CDPr

Novice
Hey all,

Thanks for all positive response. It seems that you guys really understand the idea of "Enhanced Edition":).

It's really less about money... (yeah, I know it sounds like bullshit:)... We want The Witcher to be as good as it can be. It's even better deal than higher sales. Because what we hopefully gain here is your trust. And this is something which can't be replaced by anything else. As you may see CD Projekt is really focused on fans and fun...

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
And WTF are they thinking giving this shit away for free? Do they think that's how Bethesda has made millions!?

Huge ammount of money is very important in this bussines, that's true - without it CD Projekt would never be as independent as we are now. But... there are more important things. And that is why we plan to give all fans (with registered "standard" version of the game) free download option. Honestly, there is no reason to ask people who already trusted us and bought the game to pay for it once again. No single reason.

cheers,

Lukasz Mach, CDP RED

Madman

Novice
Lestat said:
EVERY bit from EE will be downloadable, well, maybe except for music CD
Which has already been included in the Russian version of the game.

are you sure? It's not about the soundtrack, but music inspired by the witcher - with vader, skowyt, rootwater etc...

Hazelnut

Erudite
Lukas CDPr said:
Thanks for all positive response. It seems that you guys really understand the idea of "Enhanced Edition":).

It's really less about money... (yeah, I know it sounds like bullshit:)... We want The Witcher to be as good as it can be. It's even better deal than higher sales. Because what we hopefully gain here is your trust. And this is something which can't be replaced by anything else. As you may see CD Projekt is really focused on fans and fun...

Well, I have to take my hat off to you guys for your attitude to first the creation of The Witcher (where the love and thought invested makes a real difference, even though there are many things I'd rather were done differently for my ideal game - it's okay because it's been created with vision rather than focus grouped into shit) and now to supporting & perfecting that product.

I sincerely hope that this ethos of yours can survive the coming years, any expansion that occurs, and that you garner the kind of support as a result that allows this survival. (hey, it looks like you've turned our very own angry cunt Astro to your support.. pretty good start. heh) I also hope that you'll be bringing a new game out at some point in the future too... :D

Lukas CDPr said:
And that is why we plan to give all fans (with registered "standard" version of the game) free download option. Honestly, there is no reason to ask people who already trusted us and bought the game to pay for it once again. No single reason.
Absolutely, that's our choice to make. ;)

(Just as a personal aside, what if online registration failed.. it did for me, and I've still not had it resolved. Will I have to get that resolved to download?)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I have to agree that CDP needs to put more effort into the online registration feature. It only worked for me after I reinstalled my operating system! (And I've spent some time on TW forums getting advice from the tech guys.) The free goodies should of course require a registered copy of the game, but the registration system should be flawless if shit-flinging is to be avoided.

Lukas CDPr

Novice
Hazelnut said:
(Just as a personal aside, what if online registration failed.. it did for me, and I've still not had it resolved. Will I have to get that resolved to download?)

Please contact me on PM - Ill try to help you with that. There's small percent ov invalid registrations unfortunatelly. I'll see what we can do:)

Madman said:
Lestat said:
EVERY bit from EE will be downloadable, well, maybe except for music CD
Which has already been included in the Russian version of the game.

are you sure? It's not about the soundtrack, but music inspired by the witcher - with vader, skowyt, rootwater etc...
Absolutely. Two music CDs here: the OST and music inspired by the game.

Whoa, that's cool. I have delayed playing the witcher since christmas because I get crashes once per 1-3 hours of game play (memory leaks, they said. Hey, that's going to be fixed, right?), so any additional enhancement will make the wait more worthwhile.

Fez

Erudite
Kingston said:
This is a nice contrast to Bethesda's Horse Armor-policy.

I was saying the same thing to someone earlier on when I was passing news of this on and the thought of "Horse Armor" and "micropayments" popped into my head. What a difference. Bethesda are the Snidely Whiplash and CD Projekt are the Dudley Do-Right of the PC games industry.

Ptosio

Arcane
Codex is definetely in a very bad shape today. I mean it, very bad! On a virtually every other forum there are lots of people bitching, or a least complaining about Enhanced Edition. What's wrong with you? I mean, it's great that CDP is doing it for us, but...
you know, rules are rules. It takes years to get the reputation and now you're going to ruin it?.
Just...you know, new edition would have new new box. Would CDP send it to all Witcher owners? No? Liars! Those bastard promised the thely'll give us every bit of EE. They're thieves, let's boycot them!
By the way it's a very bad habbit to work on the game when it's over 2 weeks old. It proves that the game is a crap and developer is just plain stupid.
Just think about something!

BTW just for curiosity, is the Sapkowskis short story (and other addtional stuff) confirmed for international release? That is, will you finally bring CDP quality of publishing to America and the rest of the world:P?

EDIT:
ghostdog: I guess the soundtrack will be avaible as well. The "problem" (did I mentioned CDP quality of publishing:P?) is that it's a Polish forum and all Polish buyers had CD with soundtrack bundled with their game so, for them, it's just hardly additional stuff worth mentiong.

Ausir

Arcane
There are two music CDs:

* The original soundtrack (comes with the Polish and Russian edition of the game)
* Music inspired by The Witcher (comes with the Western European and Russian Limited Edition, sold separately in Poland)

Both will be added to the Enhanced Edition and will be available for download to previous owners.

BTW just for curiosity, is the Sapkowskis short story (and other addtional stuff) confirmed for international release? That is, will you finally bring CDP quality of publishing to America and the rest of the world:P?

Yes, they want the same quality for all international versions.

Madman

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:
Madman said:
Admiral jimbob said:
There are a lot of songs inspired by it, like this. It was supposed to come with the collector's edition,

it wasn't.

The CD of songs inspired by the game? Says on the back of my CE box that it's meant to have it.

Poland? Cause here it wasn't, and in june when we were in studio in warsaw they confirmed that it will be available to buy. But i don't know how it was in other countries. If your box claims it should contain this CD, than maybe you had a bad luck and got not full copy? My CE doesn't say that, but again, i'm in poland.

Ausir

Arcane
Polish Collector's Edition doesn't have the "Inspired by" CD, Western European and Russian Limited Editions do. But the European version doesn't have the OST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom