Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

made

Arcane
This looks so much like the true Gothic successor PB is incapable of delivering. Please don't suck.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
8Lu7FzJ.png

The Witcher 3 is made of rape.
I'm awaiting the new slogan advertisement:
"Three secretaries and a cleaning lady were raped during the making of Wiedźmin 3."

Gerrard

Arcane
For that authentic rape experience.

E: I see Geralt still didn't regain his low light vision.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Out of combat health regen looks quite fast. At least it's not on during combat, I guess.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Do I hear some vocals in that combat theme? Nice.

I have to admit this particular upgradable armor, unless they're ALL upgradable, looks a bit too much on the fashionista side. Kinda as if Geralt explicitly went to someone to tailor it for him or something as opposed to just makeshift adapted armor you usually get. Could be just me, though.

96t9AYQ.jpg

buzz

Arcane
Wait guyz, let me say it first:
FEMINISTS ARE RUINING WITCHER GAMES HURR SOME CHICK TALKED 10 MINUTES ABOUT BEING OFFENDED AT POLISH CULTURE OUR GAME IS NOW RUINED W3 SUCKS BECAUSE FEMINISTS ARE SHOVING SHIT DOWN OUR THROAT

There, spared you the fedora tipping.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That finger pointing, though. :roll:

I am an educated woman and you will take me seriously, goddammit!

Ascensa

Literate
I care more about hearing that nice combat music again than anything that hipster has to say about games I like.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait guyz, let me say it first:
FEMINISTS ARE RUINING WITCHER GAMES HURR SOME CHICK TALKED 10 MINUTES ABOUT BEING OFFENDED AT POLISH CULTURE OUR GAME IS NOW RUINED W3 SUCKS BECAUSE FEMINISTS ARE SHOVING SHIT DOWN OUR THROAT

There, spared you the fedora tipping.
I was mostly annoyed by the digs at backwards polish culture and thinking the books weren't internationally popular before being translated into English. I take no issue with critique of pointless grimderp shit.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Do I hear some vocals in that combat theme? Nice.

I have to admit this particular upgradable armor, unless they're ALL upgradable, looks a bit too much on the fashionista side. Kinda as if Geralt explicitly went to someone to tailor it for him or something as opposed to just makeshift adapted armor you usually get. Could be just me, though.

96t9AYQ.jpg

Yeah totally. Especially that fur around the neck. But I gotta to say, I like it when my characters look nice in RPGs.:codexisfor:

Divinity: Original Sin
well, she said violence against women in the witcher is aesthetically beautiful right? so, rape is actually a beatiful thing in the witcher games...:troll:

Anyway, her complaints about hair and make up being perfect after a woman is abused... isn't kind of expensive to make new 3d models just for a cutscene?

And triss looks totally bad after being tortured in a later mission...

6518174_f260.jpg

if this cosplayer girl's brain doesn't read that as violence, I believe she enjoys being tortured and beaten up, after all it's aesthetically pleasing...

Edit:

She complains that women isn't allowed to suffer violence in the witcher games...

220px-Liana_K_2_crop.jpg

made

Arcane
Condemns portrayal of women in video games - dresses like a whore on nerd conventions.

kill+a+woman.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was mostly annoyed by the digs at backwards polish culture and thinking the books weren't internationally popular before being translated into English. I take no issue with critique of pointless grimderp shit.
Well, she's clearly either an American or a Briton and - especially Americans, which she probably is - are know for their hugely overgrown ego and like to think they are the centre of the world. It's kind of pathetic, but at the same time might lead some people, like her probably, to commit a simple mistake as this. She probably researched a lot of sources on the topic she presents and had no time to check into popularity and translation of The Witcher. It was popular in central Europe (and Russia?) before it was translated to English, but since English is the most widely known language and she comes from a country where it is the first language, she could have just taken for granted that lack of English version meant popularity no further than the country of origin. Her statement wasn't really more wrong than yours is. The Witcher was popular only in central Europe, maybe France or Russia too, but cetrainly not the US, not the UK, not Spain, Brazil, Japan and so on...

She raises some valid points too and she states they most probably weren't intentional. She also says the women in the games and the events related to them are very romanticly depicted and not realistically, which I also think and thought before that is true. The stuff like hair and makeup is because of lack of detail (in games faces are always the same regardless if character is rested, tired, ill or whatever). Again, she recognizes this fact. It's not true for all the characters - as she states - and women are always beautiful, which makes sense, albeit I very rarely meet Polish girls that are not pretty, so maybe that's just kwan thing :smug: :overweight american woman: Basically she's angry (or pretends to be) because lack of a special care how women are depicted leads to depicting them too much like a sex dolls and nobody cares. In addition, she says something along the lines "It's not a problem in Poland but this isn't Poland" so I'll just leave it for local codexian (u)kwans to discuss it. IMO she's just angry at something because she needs to let her frustration go, just as we are angry that Bethesda makes shit games. I'm pretty sure I'd have a lot of criticism for her overall if I knew the rest of the lecture about other sources, but I'm not going to watch it, but in the case of The Witcher... meh. She's pissing in the wind and it isn't going to lead to anything. It's not overly retarded what she says, nor it is constructive.

I bet she collected all the sex cards though.

Which striked me as severly mind fucking was unrelated to her feminist ramblings, but also a thing related to English speaking countries:

Quote: "They gave the first US black president, well, bi-racial president, the game nostalgic for a time when Europe ... (can't understand this word) pretend that black people didn't exist. *a moment of silence* And at the time I'm like you know if Obama wants to spend a lot of time with the white guys who didn't want them around he'd just hang around ... (again, I can't understand)".

Now, THIS is a perfect example of English maroon worldview :lol: It haven't occured to her, even though she mentioned multiple times that the game is rooted in Polish culture very much to the point it gets confusing for foreigners, that maybe, just maybe, there was actually no black people in medieval Poland :lol: (And you probably won't find any today unless you are in Warsaw too!). Why doesn't she mention Asians? What about Arabs? WHY DOESN'T THIS FUCKING SLAVIC GAME HAS MODERN AMERICAN CULTURE IN IT WHYYY!!!!!

odrzut

Arcane
I actually watched the whole video. She try to criticize objectively, so instead of saying outright that it should be politcaly correct, family friendly story with simple explanations as to which choice is The Good One - she says it only implicitly, instead she criticize that the game mixes romanticism (the way games should be made) and realism (rape, violence, objectification, etc), and that creates dissonance for her, cause in a grim world everything should be grim.

She blames realism on accidental slips of developers showing their real, chauviniostic Polish culture despite trying to appeal to world audience. That's the funniest part - she can't immagine apparently that developers can do such stuff (example she gives is giving the player ability to fuck Ves without any penalties and explanation that it's Evil) on purpose to make players think in terms of story and characters instead of min-maxing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom