Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Gord

Arcane
No idea. Suppose they found some bugs with it before releasing it.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
There were various bugs reported on Reddit - some FPS drops in menus, XP becoming weird values or getting stuck in place etc. That's why they released the patch early, I guess, to get these ironed out before the expansion drops.

Perkel

Arcane
Never got past the first few hours of the original Witcher -- some ping-pong fetch quests killed my interest -- so I have no dog in this fight. But I have to say the summary of positive features at the end of this review really says it all: before "strong story," IGN lists "armor dyes."

ACT1 of TW1 especially start is dreadful. You can see clearly that this was their start. Either way you should try it again. Just strongarm that ACT1 and from ACT2 it gets really good.

Both Witcher 2 and 3 had terrible, campy, disneyland colors. Nothing new under the nuclear Velen sun.

Yeah it was made with DirectX9 engine. DX9 can't do shit with modern gpus. Still when nuclear sun is away game does look nice ocasionaly. Though i prefer TW1 color paletter and plain good texture work (that lake with castle)

Perkel

Arcane
Also for people not following news.

B&W was supposed to be 20h expansion but most of people say it is closer to 30-40h. So basically longer than TW2.
Adding B&W to HoS gives you about 30-60h to already 100h+ base
If you OCD everything you are looking at 200h+ easily so basically BG2 size.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
That's pretty insane if true. Both expansions added together are basically Witcher 4.

Perkel

Arcane
Did anybody play it? What are the differences in combat using new mutations?

Expansion isn't even out yet. (4 hours something like that) + download time
As for mutations they are great addition, they follow build crafting than just adding more damage.

Either way if you play vanilla then at end of game you will be overpowering foes.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Console versions apparently unlocked earlier today, PC version is about to unlock in roughly 3 hours.

Perkel

Arcane
Oh, it's a midnight release? How about that.

and it is something like 12GB so i will start to play it like tommorow night.

Still if you have GOG version (unlike STEAM one) you can play game as it downloads and when it finishes you can just install it then. So you can catch up to Novigrad questing (required to get to B&W expansion) by that time or go HoS meanwhile.

Perkel

Arcane
B&W downloads right now via GOG galaxy client 9.8 GB download size

Gerrard

Arcane
It sure it is.

zOzckfd.jpg

Thankfully they greatly toned down the piss filter.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Uh, I got a bit rusty since I played HoS. Seems they did some polish magic with the UI and god knows what else. Too bad they didn't fixed the abysmal loot, still pushing my way through piles of platters, laddles and other stupid clutter. Still, got the tingling in my balls again...definitely looking forward to this.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Uh, I got a bit rusty since I played HoS. Seems they did some polish magic with the UI and god knows what else. Too bad they didn't fixed the abysmal loot, still pushing my way through piles of platters, laddles and other stupid clutter. Still, got the tingling in my balls again...definitely looking forward to this.

The level requirements on gears needs to go. There's really no reason to do this in the DLC. Geralt already beat a Wild Hunt but picking up an Order Armor I just killed in Heart of Stone cockblocks me from wearing it at lvl 33.

Rev

Arcane
Just started the dlc and arrived on Toussaint, but I don't have any new skill or mutation slots in the UI. Is it a bug?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Playing 1.21 and UI is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, the text is finaly readable, and there is even a proper screen for geralts statistics, muh number crunching.

It only took a year !

Can someone who plays with polish voices upload plpc.w3speech from The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\DLC\bob\content

GOG messed up their installer, as it only unpacks the English dubbing.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Skipped sleeping so i could already play a bit in the night.
There is a quest that's a direct copy from an Asterix Movie (A38!) and one could literally beat a cuck who lost his wife to a man thanks to that ones balls of steel.

Money is already considered to be spent well.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I visited a notice board and got like a dozen quests. There seems to be a lot of content for sure. The only bug I've encountered so far was that a few of those notices were in potatospeak, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional.

The colours looked kind of weird in some of the earlier screenshots, but in-game it looks gorgeous, a visible improvement from the main game. The environments look better and crisper as well, especially foliage which was pretty bad before. Even with the improvements it still runs smooth as butter, if not even better than before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom