Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Witcher 2 Preview

dr. one

Augur
english Geralt was great. well nuanced and all. better than the polish one, even.

denizsi

Arcane
Are we talking about the English voice in the original release or EE? Or were they the same?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
commie said:
Dicksmoker said:
You've got issues if you found problems with the English voice actor for Geralt.

I really liked the English Geralt. Voice suited the mug and attitude methinks.

Geralt is supposed to be emotionless, but even so he came across with emotion when needed to.
This.

Risine

Liturgist
This game will be great. What an astmospher !!! That was one of my main concerns about Witcher2 : would they be able to keep such an amospher from the 1st one? (especially the first part of the town).
That shoud be really interesting to present side by side Witcher2 / and "AAA" DA&DA 2 environment screens, to show the gap between both of them.
Concerning C&C, I think that this is more than promising, ( more that whatever we saw in that field since .. Fallout1&2 ) and not just marketing, cosmetic or Molyneux's style promises.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
denizsi said:
Are we talking about the English voice in the original release or EE? Or were they the same?

The same, I'm pretty sure.

I also agree, the English Geralt wasn't bad at all. Quite suitable for the character really, they better have the same dude reprise the role or there will be a reckoning.

deuxhero

Arcane
The english VA sounded like he had sandpaper in his throgt because he is an anti hero. The Polish guy is more like "meh" and worked the emotionless well.

Murk

Arcane
It seems the english VA worked out fine as I found myself reading in that voice when I later picked up the two books that have been translated into english so far. I'm sure there's better out there but he wasn't at all bad or misplaced for the role.

1eyedking

Erudite
deuxhero said:
The Polish guy is more like "meh" and worked the emotionless well.
This is true. He pulled some neatly acted out lines, particularly in the Lakeside village episode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom