Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Witcher 2 Preview

1eyedking

Erudite
deuxhero said:
Spanish to English is fairly good from what I've used it for (Read:articles mocking that channel in Argentina that was concerned about Monkey Island's grog recipe) with only errors like "grease of the axel" (Axel grease), but otherwise perfect grammar. The other languages suck though.
Link now.

made

Arcane
I thought they scrapped the faggy Beckham ponytail and went with the old look after a huge fan outcry?
Hope they at least kept the original Polish voice actor. That will make or break the game for me.

deuxhero

Arcane
1eyedking said:
deuxhero said:
Spanish to English is fairly good from what I've used it for (Read:articles mocking that channel in Argentina that was concerned about Monkey Island's grog recipe) with only errors like "grease of the axel" (Axel grease), but otherwise perfect grammar. The other languages suck though.
Link now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP5bR1o-elg

All of the sites I trasnlated are from a search of "Grog XD" on google.

made said:
I thought they scrapped the faggy Beckham ponytail and went with the old look after a huge fan outcry?
Hope they at least kept the original Polish voice actor. That will make or break the game for me.

Geralt is easily a role I could see Crispin Freeman doing, given that Geralt is pretty much a hybrid of the 2 roles he is pidgeonholed into.

made

Arcane
interview.jpg
225139-geralt_large.png

No.

deuxhero

Arcane
Uh, for one, you just showed fucking ALUCARD as a reason he is unsuited. Not to mention only his anime roles, the game roles are the crazy masculine ones, He's Heat (DDS), Helios (God of War 3) Badass Overlord Zetta (Makai Kingdom) (he also does Gann).

That pic is also pretty old. Here is a recentish interview in natural lighting.

Andhaira

Arcane
Is this going to be a PC only game or will it also be on consoles?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Last I read it was getting a simultaneous release on the 360 and the PC with a PS3 version following sometime after.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Nope. It'll start life as a PC exclusive, console versions are a "maybe."

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Lesifoere said:
Nope. It'll start life as a PC exclusive, console versions are a "maybe."

This is so weird. The gameplay and certain design features of the first one were so console-like. It's just odd that they *wouldn't* go cross-platform. Especially with Namco-Bandai as the publisher.

denizsi

Arcane
Obsidian showed graphs of similar complexity belonging to AP, which turned out to be a Choose Your Own Boreventure.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
deuxhero said:
1eyedking said:
deuxhero said:
Link now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP5bR1o-elg

All of the sites I trasnlated are from a search of "Grog XD" on google.

:lol:

Rhalle

Magister
made said:
I hated the flat affect-ed voice of the English one at first, but it became canon for me. Same voice would be very nice-- but I hope that they make it piss easy to use the Polish voices and English subtitles, like just check a box. That would probably be the way to go. I admit I never did it for W1.
Darth Roxor said:
Pretty neat that they coded an engine explicitly for RPGs and included that choices mapping feature, although I'd bet that most of those choices are very small, and it looks more complex than it really is. Still neat, though.

jazzotron

Liturgist
deuxhero said:
Uh, for one, you just showed fucking ALUCARD as a reason he is unsuited. Not to mention only his anime roles, the game roles are the crazy masculine ones, He's Heat (DDS), Helios (God of War 3) Badass Overlord Zetta (Makai Kingdom) (he also does Gann).

That pic is also pretty old. Here is a recentish interview in natural lighting.

Ah, so thats the dude! What a voice!
:salute:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay just watched the demo. Have to say I'm not that thrilled about the new combat. It's seems very console-y. The timed clicking in the first game may have been simple, but at least the end result looked like an actual swordfight.

Rhalle

Magister
Dicksmoker said:
You've got issues if you found problems with the English voice actor for Geralt.
You gotta be kidding.

He sounds like an emotion-free schitzophrenic.

Every line is spoken in the same disinterested, affected, breathy monotone.

I got used to it, though. And W2 simply won't be the same without it.

Have to say I'm not that thrilled about the new combat.

It looks better than the first vid they released recently--Geralt doesn't look like a gay acrobat on crack. The problem in this one, it seems, is that the enemies weren't programmed to actually fight back.

Can't say I like the glowy targeting outline, though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dicksmoker said:
You've got issues if you found problems with the English voice actor for Geralt.

I really liked the English Geralt. Voice suited the mug and attitude methinks.

Geralt is supposed to be emotionless, but even so he came across with emotion when needed to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom