Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
AND - Who gives a shit? Well why do you give a shit about my argument with morgot?
Because he felt he had to correct what he saw as wrong, it's not the first time he did it. Or something. And because he secretly hates you, because someone has been spreading bad info about you lately. :smug:

(I'm not kidding, people really do secretly hate you)

-edit- also, yknow... its quite nice seeing how much i bother you by telling you exactly what you are.
yeah, you're feces too

hiver doesn't deny he's autistic

oh fuck :lol:

Guys, you should take hiver seriously, the man has a bar stool and he's not afraid to use it!
shut up, or he's going to bite your something off...

mmkay?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
hiver is a pants-shitting autist, wandering ever forward while blindfolded and wildly swinging a broom handle. In his mind he's a crusading white knight, slaying evil "turd slurpers" left and right but in the real world people see him and go "There goes the retard with the load in his pants, muttering about dookie... hope he finds that imaginary Pinata sometime soon, because that is pathetic."

he's the Balkan Christian Weston Chandler.

A chilling question arises: Who would be the Sancho Panza in this schema?

Because Dulcinea is pretty obvious.
34ihb8z.jpg

Not it.

Uncultured swine.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Alyx mother is not dead, she was jumping a lot in Portal.

Oriebam

no, alyx's mother appared in the end of hlep2, morans

CorpseZeb

Learned

Where...? She was that chic in the gray sweater? Dr. something...?

Ps. Uhm. There wasn't that much unhealthy amount of women in HL but... anyway... one can easily lost.
Ps2. She's sister of Freeman...?

CorpseZeb

Learned
... but... but if she's a sister of Freeman and mother of Alyx, then... urm... he's her father... oh my god! I mean, her brother. No... he's her uncle?! God!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Where...? She was that chic in the gray sweater? Dr. something...?

Ps. Uhm. There wasn't that much unhealthy amount of women in HL but... anyway... one can easily lost.
Ps2. She's sister of Freeman...?

So many twists. Reminds of Lucas trying to top Vader's revelation of being Luke's father (an idea which obviously didn't come from him) by "revealing" that Leila was actually Luke's sister in the third film, even though that pretty much made every single interaction between the two up to that point creepy as fuck (but he just had to have his fucking twist, see). Retconning shit just to milk every tiny stretch of material at your disposal is already pathetic as it is, when its done in a sequel, but doing it while you are still making an original is a level of fail comparable only to that of Al Pacino winning a Razzie while fucking playing himself in Jack and Jill.

So now Alyx is actually Freeman's niece? So anybody who fantasized about her in HL2 is made to feel like a creep? What a great idea.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
I checked the Half-Life wiki and I see no mention of Azian being Gordons sister. That other person in the grey sweater is Judith Mossman. Give sources before you fling shit.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Isn't Gordon Freeman just a metaphor of hetero-normative white male privilege?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CorpseZeb

Learned
... but problem is, privilege of... what? There's no legion of... lets say... women of low fiber in the game (there was two, apparently, no to mention those asexually looking female resistance members), ready to be "privileged" of some sort.

Ps. I think, HL was unique because of "clean, science" aura. White coat, simple personalities, no family life, no emotion besides "who eat my donuts" and such. But in the moment, where they add "father", "daughter", "dear Judith" - in the short - bits of normal social "drama" - things just start looking somewhat bleak. Cozy even.

Oriebam

Nigger, if you're going to go fascist do it right and remove all of the drama, all of it including shit in the last pages

also butthurt detected :martini:

what's wrong, mod?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom