Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Wow, people weren't kidding about the nerdbaiting. Very effective, as you would expect from Valve. :thumbsup:

hiver

What's up with her only looking vaguely ethnic anyhow? She's supposed to be half black, half asian ffs. She should look totally ethnic not like some potato lady.
Its not Alyx for fuck sake!

Its either some completely unrelated woman OR - on account of similarity and name "Eli" written on her jacket - its Alyx mom.

hiver

The fact is that i did not suggest her mom is black at all. You retard.

that what you thought...for some reason.

and its not Alyx you DUMBFUCKING IDIOT!!!!

attackfighter

Magister
What's up with her only looking vaguely ethnic anyhow? She's supposed to be half black, half asian ffs. She should look totally ethnic not like some potato lady.
Its not Alyx for fuck sake!

Its either some completely unrelated woman OR - on account of similarity and name "Eli" written on her jacket - its Alyx mom.

Or Valve just doesn't give a shit about continuity:M

circ

Arcane
zoe.jpg

Negro or not, hiver? Think hard.
Can't tell if tranny or not.

Phelot

Arcane
What the fuck is this thread? What is all that shitty art for?

Azian Vance, who is of Asian descent

:lol: They named her Azian because she's Asian? Oh Valve

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
TELL ME WHAT IS THAT SKIN TONE YOU MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!
Did it ever occur to you that different artists can have different art styles, and thus depict Alyx differently? The point of concept art is to present - get this - concepts that can later be decided upon, combined or otherwise worked with towards a final version. Not everything is going to look exactly the same, and that's the goddamn point!

Also, depending on lighting, the skin tone in someone who's half black can vary dramatically (I'd know because my girlfriend is half Caribbean, half Swedish), so I wouldn't take that as a be-all end-all decider of whether it's Alyx or not. The only big differences I'm seeing is a) she has longer hair in most/all those pictures and b) she has a slighter build - and who gives a shit? It's just concept art for a videogame, if you've ever seen concept art before you'll know it can often vary significantly from anything that shows up in the final release.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
hiver is a pants-shitting autist, wandering ever forward while blindfolded and wildly swinging a broom handle. In his mind he's a crusading white knight, slaying evil "turd slurpers" left and right but in the real world people see him and go "There goes the retard with the load in his pants, muttering about dookie... hope he finds that imaginary Pinata sometime soon, because that is pathetic."

he's the Balkan Christian Weston Chandler.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's plausible that is HL3 because they have Alyx (?) with different outfits. Outfits you could get in... oh... say... an online store for microtransactions.
:keepmyjewgold:

Hat-Life 3

Phelot

Arcane
Alyx was pretty hefty, but they didn't make her ass big enough.

In any case, she was annoying as fuck and was there to make dorks feel good about themselves. "I may be playing from Gordon's point of view, but when Alyx hugged him... she also hugged me :tearofanangel:"

hiver

TELL ME WHAT IS THAT SKIN TONE YOU MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!
Did it ever occur to you that different artists can have different art styles, and thus depict Alyx differently? The point of concept art is to present - get this - concepts that can later be decided upon, combined or otherwise worked with towards a final version. Not everything is going to look exactly the same, and that's the goddamn point!

Also, depending on lighting, the skin tone in someone who's half black can vary dramatically (I'd know because my girlfriend is half Caribbean, half Swedish), so I wouldn't take that as a be-all end-all decider of whether it's Alyx or not. The only big differences I'm seeing is a) she has longer hair in most/all those pictures and b) she has a slighter build - and who gives a shit? It's just concept art for a videogame, if you've ever seen concept art before you'll know it can often vary significantly from anything that shows up in the final release.
- it doesnt need to occur to me, because i already know it and because this isnt concept art of Alyx.
This can be concept art of Alyx only if it was made before HL2 came out. Since this is apparently from 2008 and supposedly art for EP3 - i kinda doubt it. (could be fake completely but then it doesnt matter and it isnt Alyx again)
AND THATS THE GODDAMN POINT!

ALSO- Depending on bollocks this can be whatever you imagine, too.
There is no lighting here, these are hand drawn illustrations, not a living person photoed under a certain light.
And my conclusion is not based only on skin color anyway.
but you didnt read that, didya?

AND - Who gives a shit? Well why do you give a shit about my argument with morgot?

Menckenstein

Stop with projections already you pathetic turd... nobody wants to know what you really look like, or what you do, ... shithead.
-edit- also, yknow... its quite nice seeing how much i bother you by telling you exactly what you are.

He's not autistic, just stupid. Autism implies he can't be blamed for his stupidity
:roll:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Valve is fucking evil.

I just realized something when accessing a random game's page. You have to enter a year of your birth there and it only goes as far as 1900 so only people who are no more than 112 years old can buy at Steam.

Do you see?!

What if Jesus will come back to Earth and decide to play a game? He can't enter 0. He will be forced to lie.

Jesus will sin and burn in hell because of Gabe Newell.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
They're evil cause they won't release hats for ogre magi for me to buy

edit- I put 25 bucks in my steam wallet but they won't release hats for heroes I play!!! GABEN!!!!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
hiver is a pants-shitting autist, wandering ever forward while blindfolded and wildly swinging a broom handle. In his mind he's a crusading white knight, slaying evil "turd slurpers" left and right but in the real world people see him and go "There goes the retard with the load in his pants, muttering about dookie... hope he finds that imaginary Pinata sometime soon, because that is pathetic."

A chilling question arises: Who would be the Sancho Panza in this schema?

Because Dulcinea is pretty obvious.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

A chilling question arises: Who would be the Sancho Panza in this schema?

Because Dulcinea is pretty obvious.
34ihb8z.jpg

Not it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
zoe.jpg

Negro or not, hiver? Think hard.
Can't tell if tranny or not.

Dude... What the fuck is up with that giraffe neck?

What if Jesus will come back to Earth and decide to play a game? He can't enter 0. He will be forced to lie.

Jesus will sin and burn in hell because of Gabe Newell.
It's cool. Jesus brought this up when they were playing poker together and Gabe made a Jesus-only registration page that goes back to 0.

saint-gaben.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom