Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's a Polish game, so it will once again get a free pass by default, as with Codex's usual double standard. Same trigger warning in JA3, free pass. It's only woke when its people they dont like.
Who cares about developers' nationality (well, SOME people obviously do, apparently)? What matters to me is how they approach the subject matter. Trying to boil it down to "It's a Polish game so it gets a free pass" is just plain wrong approach in my opinion. From what I have seen so far they seem to be doing an OK job. It's rather that some people here try to bash the game/developers based on part of the trigger warning, but ignoring the rest of it and the game itself. I guess it's simply politics at this point for them, irrespective whether what they say really make sense from the objective standpoint.

Developers' nationality shouldn't matter, but it does here on RPG Slavdex. Damn potato-fuckers try tricking white people into buying their shovelware to boost their shithole's GDP. What he's talking about specifically is how CDPR and Owlcat games get a pass for being woke, but any games from the US or Western Europe get completely shit on for doing the same exact things. These are obviously generalizations, but it happens enough that a lot of people notice it.

Drowed

Arcane
Damn potato-fuckers try tricking white people into buying their shovelware to boost their shithole's GDP. What he's talking about specifically is how CDPR and Owlcat games get a pass for being woke, but any games from the US or Western Europe get completely shit on for doing the same exact things. These are obviously generalizations, but it happens enough that a lot of people notice it.

To a certain extent, I think it's valid to look at the context in which the game was produced and released. Not that something woke becomes less woke depending on the nationality of the person who produced it, but people from other nationalities often approach the same issues in different ways (less in your face) than you traditionally see in American productions. In a game made in the US, you would talk to a random NPC and before you know it, you are stuck in a dialogue tree where he/she/it/?? tells you their entire sexual history and your only dialogue option is to praise how brave and stunning they are. In games from other regions, you'll see some fags here and there and not much more than that.

So yes, you will see woke shit, but depending on your tolerance for it, it may not bother you enough to ruin your experience with the game. After all, many classic games loved by Codex would be considered woke if they were released today because of the way they approach certain themes.

Vatnik Wumao
It's s narrative game. There are no combat stats, no shops to upgrade your gear and the experience system is simplified into a skill tree. If you're hoping for a potato shin megami tensei you're going to be very disappointed.

Mortmal

Arcane
:lol:

Westoid impotent rage detected...
Proud Slavdex detected
wGZpmsj.jpeg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a Polish game, so it will once again get a free pass by default, as with Codex's usual double standard. Same trigger warning in JA3, free pass. It's only woke when its people they dont like.
Who cares about developers' nationality (well, SOME people obviously do, apparently)? What matters to me is how they approach the subject matter. Trying to boil it down to "It's a Polish game so it gets a free pass" is just plain wrong approach in my opinion. From what I have seen so far they seem to be doing an OK job. It's rather that some people here try to bash the game/developers based on part of the trigger warning, but ignoring the rest of it and the game itself. I guess it's simply politics at this point for them, irrespective whether what they say really make sense from the objective standpoint.

Developers' nationality shouldn't matter, but it does here on RPG Slavdex. Damn potato-fuckers try tricking white people into buying their shovelware to boost their shithole's GDP. What he's talking about specifically is how CDPR and Owlcat games get a pass for being woke, but any games from the US or Western Europe get completely shit on for doing the same exact things. These are obviously generalizations, but it happens enough that a lot of people notice it.
Not too bothered with the warning at the beginning of games, even if very silly. It's what the game contains that matters to me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn potato-fuckers try tricking white people into buying their shovelware to boost their shithole's GDP. What he's talking about specifically is how CDPR and Owlcat games get a pass for being woke, but any games from the US or Western Europe get completely shit on for doing the same exact things. These are obviously generalizations, but it happens enough that a lot of people notice it.

To a certain extent, I think it's valid to look at the context in which the game was produced and released. Not that something woke becomes less woke depending on the nationality of the person who produced it, but people from other nationalities often approach the same issues in different ways (less in your face) than you traditionally see in American productions. In a game made in the US, you would talk to a random NPC and before you know it, you are stuck in a dialogue tree where he/she/it/?? tells you their entire sexual history and your only dialogue option is to praise how brave and stunning they are. In games from other regions, you'll see some fags here and there and not much more than that.

So yes, you will see woke shit, but depending on your tolerance for it, it may not bother you enough to ruin your experience with the game. After all, many classic games loved by Codex would be considered woke if they were released today because of the way they approach certain themes.
Wouldn't woke aspects be worse for slav games in this case, since they are supposed to be "based"?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yet another thread where a triggered-brigade gets triggered by login or character creation screen and derail the thread into WOKE BAD AAAAA DIS GAME BE WOOKE I COULDN'T EVEN GO PAST LOGIN/CHARACTER SCREEN IT'S SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE TEXT IT MAKES ME GAY ('cos I'm a closet homosexual, probably)

I mean, at least Baldur's Gate 3 had some cringe romances, but is in this game any not historically accurate propaganda? I mean, I don't know because I haven't played it yet, but from what I read the triggered-brigade got triggered here because the creators warn that the game is historically accurate? What should it be instead, every game should now as loading screen have LGBT/PoC characters burned at the stake?

When did 'dex decline so much? I mean I know when, around 2020, but it's sad to see. I thought it went to parody level in BG3 thread, but at least I saw it as somewhat excused, but here?!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You guys are stupid, it literally says that they are liberals, it's the same message you have in all Ubisoft games which is "do not get triggered it's inspired by historical events". It has nothing to with anti-wokism, since they are woke too, Ubisoft gives the same message on startup:
H6S3o48.jpg
Ubisoft feels the need to alter history in their games so that it can fit the requirements of today, example:
assassins-creed-origins-ps4-playstation-4-1.large.jpg

Creators of Thaumaturge want to present a history as it was, hence the trigger warning for softies:
NztwlbC.jpeg

Read: "we could not leave out the portrayal of certain attitudes and views that are rightfully considered unacceptable today".

That's the exact opposite of what Ubi is doing.

But I'm not surprised you aren't able to grasp the subtle difference.

Last edited:

Arvennios

Novice
Warsaw must have been quite a place before WW2, is the rendition of the city any good or is it mostly interior locations ?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys are stupid, it literally says that they are liberals, it's the same message you have in all Ubisoft games which is "do not get triggered it's inspired by historical events". It has nothing to with anti-wokism, since they are woke too, Ubisoft gives the same message on startup:
[pic]
Ubisoft feels the need to alter history in their games so that it can fit the requirements of today, example:
[pic]
Creators of Thaumaturge want to present a history as it was, hence the trigger warning for softies:
[pic]
Read: "we could not leave out the portrayal of certain attitudes and views that are rightfully considered unacceptable today".

That's the exact opposite of what Ubi is doing.

But I'm not surprised you aren't able to grasp the subtle difference.
Up to you, but I wouldn't waste my time on Ryzer , he just pretends not to understand it and it's irrelevant for him what it says anyway.

He not only has a hate-boner for Poles and anything made by Poles but also has a history of coming up with random lies and misquoting as well as paraphrasing others in a way that changes meaning to the opposite so he can 'debunk' it and win an internet argument. He is as dishonest internet persona as it is possible.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also love me my Jewish censorship. Infinitron keeps being #1 JewBoy. Thanks for removing all posts on same topic of WOKE you disagree with and keeping all you agree with. Fair & Balanced

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Up to you, but I wouldn't waste my time on Ryzer , he just pretends not to understand it and it's irrelevant for him what it says anyway.

He not only has a hate-boner for Poles and anything made by Poles but also has a history of coming up with random lies and misquoting as well as paraphrasing others in a way that changes meaning to the opposite so he can 'debunk' it and win an internet argument. He is as dishonest internet persona as it is possible.
I am aware Ryzer is a hopeless case. I simply wish to debunk his statements for the benefit of other people reading this thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Warsaw must have been quite a place before WW2, is the rendition of the city any good or is it mostly interior locations ?
It was so diverse Germany conquered it in few days.. kind of what would happen now if Russia moved toward diverse places like Germany. All the LGBT would run away or hide behind few men left if that happened..

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It was so diverse Germany conquered it in few days.. kind of what would happen now if Russia moved toward diverse places like Germany. All the LGBT would run away or hide behind few men left if that happened..
Soviet Union was also diverse, and so was the British Empire and the United States. Together they kicked the Axis butts.

Warsaw (and the whole of Poland) was mostly poor, ruined after WW1 and often mismanaged. 75% of the population were peasants and the agriculture was quite primitive. However, from the second half of the 30s we were on a path of steady development with lots of investment in the industry that in the next years would transform the economy, previously based on agriculture. Of course WW2 prevented it.

Nelka

Educated
Meh, I remember trailer being very cringey, almost stupid. So no surprise it ended up being a soy-flavored game, with a big red flag when you even start up the game. I watched some gameplay and it was always some people running around like headless chickens and spamming one button to "reveal the secrets around", very inspiring, devs.

Oh, and also they feel so diverse that they even skipped polish audio.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh, I remember trailer being very cringey, almost stupid. So no surprise it ended up being a soy-flavored game, with a big red flag when you even start up the game. I watched some gameplay and it was always some people running around like headless chickens and spamming one button to "reveal the secrets around", very inspiring, devs.

Oh, and also they feel so diverse that they even skipped polish audio.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Soooo haven't played it but from what I have seen so far its got some slow and dumb exploration using the "witcher sense", primitive clue gathering investigation and some very, very basic turn-based combat without any proper stats. Have I missed anything? Its nothing but another walking simulator pretending to be RPG to sell better. We have had so many as of late. GameDec, Sovereign Syndicate, The Inquisitor and now this. All that woke crap is just cherry on the cake. MASSIVE DECLINE!!!!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Soviet Union was also diverse, and so was the British Empire and the United States. Together they kicked the butts the Axis butts
:nocountryforshitposters:
95% White Men and 5% Asian Men beat 85% White and Italian Men and 15% Asian Men.
DIVERSITY WON!
honkhonk.png

Litmanen said:
What is important? Being certified centrist. Being dynamic variable that changes with winds of cultural zeitgeist

And, anyway, I'm leftist. Hope you'll love me more, now.

I don't hate Retards. I laugh at them. Life hates Retards

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Soooo haven't played it but from what I have seen so far its got some slow and dumb exploration using the "witcher sense",
THIS! Normies are so normalized with straight up retarded and lazy gameplay design. It's easier to program and easier to sell to retards like Litmanen

Gamers from the past would die from laughter if they knew simulation of being paranormal detective in Warsaw from 1905 would in far future of 2024 be: [PRESS A BUTTON]. Game plays itself

BruceVC

Magister
Yet another thread where a triggered-brigade gets triggered by login or character creation screen and derail the thread into WOKE BAD AAAAA DIS GAME BE WOOKE I COULDN'T EVEN GO PAST LOGIN/CHARACTER SCREEN IT'S SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE TEXT IT MAKES ME GAY ('cos I'm a closet homosexual, probably)

I mean, at least Baldur's Gate 3 had some cringe romances, but is in this game any not historically accurate propaganda? I mean, I don't know because I haven't played it yet, but from what I read the triggered-brigade got triggered here because the creators warn that the game is historically accurate? What should it be instead, every game should now as loading screen have LGBT/PoC characters burned at the stake?

When did 'dex decline so much? I mean I know when, around 2020, but it's sad to see. I thought it went to parody level in BG3 thread, but at least I saw it as somewhat excused, but here?!
I can answer that question, its a fairly common but unnecessary societal behaviour that you see from people all over the world and both the left and right do it in there own ways

People get outraged by something and that becomes an intrinsic part of there identity, they not able to comment objectively on things anymore. Its all about OUTRAGE and the expected hivemind response from other people who share the opinion

And that manifests itself in different ways but in gaming its basically what you said, we have this complete overreaction and drama from people who are so use to raging and ranting about wokeness they dont even care if its actually woke or not

Its just about how " it might be woke but I dont really know " :lol:

The good news is its not everyone, most people still play and comment on games because they have played the game and enjoy it

And its easy to break this pattern of kneejerk outrage that is utterly unconvincing outside of echo chambers, just stop doing it

Go back to the days where we commented on things that we had actually experienced or were informed about and not what other people are saying and we repeating

Ryzer

Arcane

You distort facts, I complain about the need to post a message right at the beginning also with gender identities bullshit ( Very based Polska duh) to frame a completely loose interpretation of historical events. You can clearly see it's a game made by liberals, just to spite the past, and argue how bad it was. They are just afraid of making something and have to post something like this, meaning liberties have regressed more and more.
Just going back one decade and a half in the past, in 2009, none of this would have made been showcased and the game would have directly introduced the main menu with an innovative gameplay.

What I'm saying is Polish gaming industry is literally no different than western industry, they exactly adopted the exact same mentality, the exact same liberal stance, and all the polish industry is directly aligned on the West, just delayed hence the fact they are not totally aligned on Ubisoft.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom