Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Thaumaturge Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The butthurt must flow.
(I don't care one bit, personally, but some of you will.)
NztwlbC.jpeg
ICyoDqb.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
No need to get worked up. Like I said in the other thread, this is just a "chill, there's going to be a semblance of real history in this game."

I'd rather have a trigger warning than have some kind of 2024 Warsaw because history and truth is verboten.

Humanophage

Arcane
The butthurt must flow.
NztwlbC.jpeg
ICyoDqb.png

A simple man, unaware of his wrongs
Every day bending your neck
Before the Jewish-Communist stinking conspiracy
In your own country you yourself will become a wretch
When liberal leprosy
The future will crush you to a pulp

Can you see nothing!
When they steal your freedom!
The sanhedrin of evil
Which by the law of the Jewish hyena spits in your face
Without prisons and bars
On the chain of democracy
Save this country!
Your life and mine are at stake

See how they destroy every national movement
If it shields with itself the truth of what is a crime
How diligently they track and murder in a swamp of lies
Every single thing
Which you can still call Polishness!

Do you see nothing!
When they steal your freedom!
The sanhedrin of evil
Which by the law of the Jewish hyena spits in your face
Give me your hand
The blood of the same ancestors flows in us
Save this country!
For your life and mine are at stake here!

BlackPlate

Novice
Voices from the trailer scare me, there is that characteristic 'quirkiness', both in tone and what is actually being said. I fear for the worst, but will give it a go.
Why the combat looks like Tainted Grail: Conquest I cannot understand, was that such a unique experience someone out there said:
"Yeah, I think this will be a great fit for our game."
This really bugs me. No bloody clue why, maybe the development hell that that game went through, grim tidings and all.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
The butthurt must flow.
NztwlbC.jpeg
This is very gay and pathetic. Imagine if someone felt the need to put a disclaimer in say the film, The Gladiator saying that the film depicts an anti-Democratic form of Government which would rightly be considered unacceptable today.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
No need to get worked up. Like I said in the other thread, this is just a "chill, there's going to be a semblance of real history in this game."

I'd rather have a trigger warning than have some kind of 2024 Warsaw because history and truth is verboten.
It's still pathetic and cucked that they included it. Warhorse Studios didn't put one in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

GloomFrost

Arcane

It's still pathetic and cucked that they included it. Warhorse Studios didn't put one in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
They also haven't even bothered with native Polish VO. That already tells you a lot about those developers. While KC:D had Czheck VO, Witcher 1 had it, the Inquisitor had it, Metro series etc. Iron Harvest even had a special "native language" option for better immersion.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The butthurt must flow.
NztwlbC.jpeg
This is very gay and pathetic. Imagine if someone felt the need to put a disclaimer in say the film, The Gladiator saying that the film depicts an anti-Democratic form of Government which would rightly be considered unacceptable today.
Strangely enough, it is the "views rightly unacceptable today" that makes me cringe more than the "diverse gender identities". I don't even want to know which views they meant in the first place but I can imagine.
Oh, well, i wasn't going to buy this thing anyway.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Not to mention it's one of those boring "interactive movie" type of games, that combine shallow gameplay with a seemingly high production value

This is the WORST style for RPGs ( focus on voice acting / cinematic dialogue / romances / companions) which originated from the 2004-2012 so called "Dark era" of RPGs

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

They also haven't even bothered with native Polish VO. That already tells you a lot about those developers. While KC:D had Czheck VO, Witcher 1 had it, the Inquisitor had it, Metro series etc. Iron Harvest even had a special "native language" option for better immersion.
KCD released Czech voice over just last year, five years after its release

AndrewCC

Educated
Any other voiceover other than English should be considered a bonus, or a show of love from the devs to a particular country, because they are much, much, much more limited in the effect they have. Japanese games get a pass from this, because their VO industry is so big.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Ok I didn't know that. Still my point stands.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

No, your point does not stand. There is a limited amount of effort that can be put with little or no money.

Archolos team put Polish voice overs and they have got plenty of criticism for it on Steam, and they made the mod for free for everyone to download.

I can see why Czechs and Poles do English VO despite their games being set on their lands. Otherwise Anglos will complain that the game is not spoken in the only correct language and write negative review just because of that. Or decline to buy such game at all.

Also your argument with KCD was disingenuine. You didn't even notice it did not have Czech VO until just recently, so if you did play the game you played it in English...

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

No, your point does not stand. There is a limited amount of effort that can be put with little or no money.

Archolos team put Polish voice overs and they have got plenty of criticism for it on Steam, and they made the mod for free for everyone to download.

I can see why Czechs and Poles do English VO despite their games being set on their lands. Otherwise Anglos will complain that the game is not spoken in the only correct language and write negative review just because of that. Or decline to buy such game at all.

Also your argument with KCD was disingenuine. You didn't even notice it did not have Czech VO until just recently, so if you did play the game you played it in English...
don't forget that it's infinitely easier to even put together an English VO cast on a budget since English-speaking countries are littered with 'aspiring voice actors,' meanwhile here almost all people who work in this industry come from theatre

GloomFrost

Arcane

I really like how you have not "noticed" all the other games I mentioned like Iron Harvest or the Inquisitor. All those games are very low to mid budget btw, And yet developers put some effort in to have BOTH English AND native language VO , developers of thaumaturge have not (probably too busy attending lgbtq parades or something and getting everyone's pronounce right). Oh and btw I never claimed to have played Kingdom Come in Czech, you are just making things up at this point.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I really like how you have not "noticed" all the other games I mentioned like Iron Harvest or the Inquisitor. All those games are very low to mid budget btw, And yet developers put some effort in to have BOTH English AND native language VO , developers of thaumaturge have not (probably too busy attending lgbtq parades or something and getting everyone's pronounce right). Oh and btw I never claimed to have played Kingdom Come in Czech, you are just making things up at this point.
I don't see how some developers or publishers deciding to fund two voice overs for release of their games makes it necessary for every other publish company to do the same.

It's clearly a business decision to save some money and maximize international profit, as Polish-only would... Well, I'm just gonna repeat myself here...

And what do you mean about Kingdom Come? Re-read my post, I claimed you either didn't play it or played it in English, was I wrong?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Developing a game, in any capacity, and not having it in your native tongue is cucked beyond measure, voiced or not. Very telling of the people making the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom