Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Talos Principle 2

3 others

Scholar
yes-street-fighter.gif

ds

Cipher
Patron
Looks like Croteam abandoned their in-house Serious Engine and switched to Unreal like everyone else.

Another one falls to the monoculture... :negative:

I guess it was only a matter of time after Google poached Alen Ladavac.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Interesting, but I have to get myself to finish the first one. I remember I was distracted by something else at the time.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Feels a bit weird that the real world would contain those weird puzzles, but I guess the trailer is implying we'll be playing a different bot thousands of years into the future? (Which would make all those human statues monuments to a humanity long gone)

ds

Cipher
Patron
Looks pretty. Very different atmosphere from the original though, at least from what we're shown in the trailer. Even the parts where you are alone seem to have others interjecting via comms - can't leave modern players too long without a babysitter telling them what to do and how to feel I guess. Not sure if I'll get used the other bots having normal human voices but it feels weird so far.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Looks pretty. Very different atmosphere from the original though, at least from what we're shown in the trailer. Even the parts where you are alone seem to have others interjecting via comms - can't leave modern players too long without a babysitter telling them what to do and how to feel I guess. Not sure if I'll get used the other bots having normal human voices but it feels weird so far.
That's what I thought, goodbye sweet loneliness.

ferratilis

Magister
The guy in the interview, the writer, said the new characters tie into the story, which is a continuation from the first game. Since it's all the same people working on the game, I like to think they won't fuck it up. Being alone was what gave the first game unique atmosphere, but they seem to be going for something bigger in this one. Gut feeling tells me they won't disappoint. And Damjan is still doing the soundtrack, so that front is covered. Day one purchase, for me at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom