Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
8akv1o.jpg

axx

Savant
Anyone played this?
No, but the setting of the game is intriguing. There aren't that many games dealing with the mess called warlord era China (for anyone with an abundance of time I recommend Jabzy's video on the subject).

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks decently autistic, but besides a few major characters (Sternberg is in it!) I'm not familiar enough with the the era to appreciate it.

Shuruga

Educated

Sierra's Quest for Glory games are some of my earliest and fondest gaming memories, and this is obviously in the same vein. For $3 I am mighty tempted to throw it on the backlog. Steam reviews are strong... anyone here played it?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sierra's Quest for Glory games are some of my earliest and fondest gaming memories, and this is obviously in the same vein. For $3 I am mighty tempted to throw it on the backlog. Steam reviews are strong... anyone here played it?

It's alright. Worth $3 for sure. Get that and Heroine's Quest if you haven't played it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Definitely worth it at such a price,also like mediocrepoet said you should also try Heroine's Quest

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

At this price it's definitely worth it (TBH I thought it was worth it at full price), and besides the dev is a bro and deserves all the support he gets.

Lagi

Savant

I really enjoy FAR, its not even a game, but a nice cinematic experience. I install it at 10 pm and finish at 2am.

There is a sequel, in the same vein - of advanture/travel game with easy physics puzzle to solve and no combat (i die once in first game because i insert myself into the furnace). Visualls are superb in sens of making you insignificant, isolated in some desolated world. I really like the experience of those journeys.

There is not a single word in those games, but there is some kind of story (even some background lore), so it leaves you with some sense of completness, because this feels a bit like a movie.

The graphic is a bit better. The physics/mechanics are bit more developed. But the game is a tiny bit more of a slog (or maybe its my impression after playing 1, and the charm wears down a bit).

Ivan

Arcane
Should keep me occupied until Summer Sale:
Astalon: Tears of the Earth

Boomerang X
Clash: Artifacts of Chaos
Colony Ship
Dave the Diver
Deadlink
Everhood
Gravity Circuit
HAAK
Haiku, the Robbot
Impostor Facotry
The Iron Oath
Lunacid
Milk inside a bag
Mundaun
Neon White
No one lives under the lighthouse
The Room 4
SANABi
Sifu
Turbo Overkill
Ultrakill
Voidigo
Webbed

Plus some mods I want to check out: Eclipse for Mario Sunshine, Black Parade for Thief, and that one Gothic Total Conversion that should get its 2.0 update in 2024.

Gostak

Educated
Kinda off-topic but I need to vent this once at least:
Why is Steam choosing to be evil and make the MOST shit "MORE LIKE THIS" suggestions?

My guess: They know you'd get a quite limited line of suggestion (and would notice once filler shit starts continuing it), so they decide:
Nah let's use that "ad place" for more random garbage they might also bite on.

Rude!
I do not think it's incompetence. It's unwillingness for more evil reasons than saving money for the development of a more fitting (for the proclaimed "header") suggestion
system.
Again, just rude. Mostly the misleading part of it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kinda off-topic but I need to vent this once at least:
Why is Steam choosing to be evil and make the MOST shit "MORE LIKE THIS" suggestions?

My guess: They know you'd get a quite limited line of suggestion (and would notice once filler shit starts continuing it), so they decide:
Nah let's use that "ad place" for more random garbage they might also bite on.

Rude!
I do not think it's incompetence. It's unwillingness for more evil reasons than saving money for the development of a more fitting (for the proclaimed "header") suggestion
system.
Again, just rude. Mostly the misleading part of it.

Pretty sure it's just an algorithm that picks crap based on what others who played the game also played/bought, and user tags in common.

Latelistener

Arcane
I got the ultimate versions of these, in case I ever get a racing wheel. Even if I don't, it's hard to beat the value.
I'm sure it's doable on a gamepad. Just start on easiest difficulties and disable all kinds of assists gradually.

I've been fooling around with Project CARS 1 on an Xbox Series X gamepad and it's nice.

MoistCloister

Cipher
How's the Valentino Rossi game?

Bike bros, any good bike racing games, how do Isle of Man ones compare? There's a deluge of MotoGP titles.
@sukhāvatī you seem knowledgeable about the subject, what are your favorites?

ferratilis

Magister
I also wanted to have some bike racing games in the library, and got these a few days ago. They are good for the price, if you just want something to mess around with for a while. Any other recommendations?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone remembers Forsaken? You know... this game that have cover not related to the game itself?
3957540-forsaken-windows-front-cover.jpg
Someone is making a successor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom