Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

sser

Arcane
Developer
:lol:

Oh man. I went to take a gander at the UFO:Aftershock/Aftermath series, and these are the review quotes they used for the store page:

Worth Playing said:
It may be a little tough for folks new to the genre as the tutorial is a little sketchy but the manual does offer quite a bit of help. If you're looking for a good squad based, tactical strategy game UFO: Aftermath is definitely worth playing.
8.0/10

IGN said:
While Aftermath isn't a bad game, and certainly has some wonderful and fun ideas, it just doesn't compare to other squad based tactical games I've played lately like "Silent Storm" (turn-based) or "Commandos 3" (real-time).
7.5/10

AdqRz.gif

Multi-headed Cow

Hmm. Just realized Amazon price matched Steam's $15 Valkyria Chronicles, plus I've got $5 in Amazon credit. Mildly tempting but I'm kinda thinking $10/50% is still too much for animu. Especially since almost every goddamn thing I've seen about it has put me off apart from hearing everyone can die, and the wonky combat might be enjoyable. Still, Steam sale's kinda weak so even weak deals like that are sort of tempting.

God damn it Gaben I wouldn't be in this situation if you just gave me $5 Art of War and $4 Charlemagne and I'd even take a $3.50 Way of Life. :argh:

Edit: Also while typing this post I was mesmerized by that damn gif. Look at the dude in the lower right. His peeking up at the dude a few times. IT'S ALL I CAN SEE NOW. HE IS FILLING THE SCREEN. HELp

Edit 2: Just can't do it. It's also the only game on the Codex Steam curation list I don't own, so I'm fairly sure the list is wrong. A pox on animes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
MMX is on sale for 75% now with Might and Magic being one of the flash deals. Jump on it now as they probably won't repeat it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Warmachine Tactics worth 21 euro? Will likely pick up Prison architect today as well.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Pandora Tomorrow's apparently just broken on modern computers, which is one of the reasons why it wasn't released on steam, not something stupid like music rights with Hitman: Contracts. Something about the hardware not being able to process the lighting correctly, which makes several levels where getting detected was an instant game over borderline unplayable due to you just not being able to see where you can hide and where you'll be instantly spotted if you stand there.
Dunno, I installed it from disc and didn't have any problems playing it through on a 64-bit Windows 7 either. Didn't notice lighting problems or anything.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I like how you think South Park is somehow inclined compared to Rocksmith.
You say it like i am going to burn in hell for playing an overlength south park episode as a fan of the series.
And that i am supposed to learn playing a base guitar instead.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
KKK on Ruse and Prison Architect?
Anyone tried this Prison Architect?
Yes.

index.php

Hoping it's like Tycoon game combined with Dungeon Keeper.

Privatized Prisons + Sadism.
A lot of features are added constantly. Since I wrote the review, bugs in it have been resolved (beaten prisoners are "suppressed" for a while after the beating) and a metric fuck tonne of new shit has been added. They keep to a pretty regular monthly update schedule and every month usually has cool new shit. Dogs, Armed Guards, Psychiatrists...

General Discussion Simulator 2015?

Xenonauts worth 12 eurobucks?

It's very much worth 12 Jewroes. I like it more than the original UFO: Enemy Unknown.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
How to Survive + DLCs is ultracheap, but I think Dead Island Diablo is not what I'm looking for...
It's not like Diablo. There are few few intact items to be found, you basically have to craft everything.
Was tempted, but checked reviews and it seems to be just a boring zombies-diablo with some survival stats and crafting. Decided not to pollute my library.

Black

Arcane
KKK on Ruse and Prison Architect?
Anyone tried this Prison Architect?
Yes.

View attachment 4327

Hoping it's like Tycoon game combined with Dungeon Keeper.

Privatized Prisons + Sadism.
A lot of features are added constantly. Since I wrote the review, bugs in it have been resolved (beaten prisoners are "suppressed" for a while after the beating) and a metric fuck tonne of new shit has been added. They keep to a pretty regular monthly update schedule and every month usually has cool new shit. Dogs, Armed Guards, Psychiatrists...
Question: does the work on Codex and 250 hours in Prison Architect synergise somehow?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How to Survive + DLCs is ultracheap, but I think Dead Island Diablo is not what I'm looking for...
It's not like Diablo. There are few few intact items to be found, you basically have to craft everything.
Was tempted, but checked reviews and it seems to be just a boring zombies-diablo with some survival stats and crafting. Decided not to pollute my library.
Yes well, it really doesn't have much going for it beyond it. One of those "better in multiplayer" games, I guess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Xenonauts is worth, here is lot of mods + packs for it and incoming addon.

UFO After-? Aftershock is best from them (I'm doing second playthrough with ACM mod and it's good). Aftermatch - not so. Better to be played last. Remember for 2-3 difficulty spikes.

Metro 2033 redux worth a gander?
For shooting (not cardboard like in most of the modern shooters), some exploration (mandatory on higher difficulty) and binary sneaking (become worse to original).

And my recommendation is Insurgency. Only good multiplayer FPS released recently.

pippin

I'm considering getting some Splinter Cell games. Which are the mandatory ones, and the ones to avoid?

splinter cell 1 to splinter cell 4:double agent uses the same engine (unreal 2.5) and same gameplay, that hit the top in SC 3: chaos theory and was dumbed down in double agent. Conviction is totally popamole, corridor stealth killing that reminded me of call of duty, and is very short, finishable in one or two sittings. Blacklist is a very good game for ubisoft modern standards, with lots options on the way you play, like ghosting or killing everybody.

If you just want the best, take chaos theory and blacklist, and if you're open to play the series, get the first and pandora tomorrow, that actually is not on steam. Double agent has good missions, but it's the worst of the series, and conviction feels like a wrong reboot.

thanks for the advice bro :brodex:

DramaticPopcorn

Hey dudes what about bulletstorm? Is it mp only? Is MP alive at this point?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bulletstorm got a nice singleplayer. MP is probably dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom