Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Modron

Arcane
The Adventures of Bryan Scott launched on Kickstarter a day ago and is doing pretty good:

The team behind The Castle are translating their demo for their next adventure game:

It's got a steam store page now you can follow as well:

Fully funded on Kickstarter with a day to go:

Not really adventure game news per se but Adventure Gamers launched another site RPG Gamers (should probably be RP Gamers):

https://rpggamers.com/

Modron

Arcane
Life of Delta is out now:

Edit 3/22: Two point and click adventures dropped.

This one has a demo:

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Theropods update, after more than half a year of radio silence lol:

'They're still making that dino game? How hard can it be?'​

Kostas and SarahCreator
March 17, 2023
Hey everyone! It has been a while.
First things first, we know it’s been months since our last update and you are anxious to hear news of the game. Thank you for being super patient with us. We get that your patience may be running thin, due to our lack of communication and updates. We have also been backers ourselves on games that never came out and it sucks big time.
A lot of you are asking if the game is canceled and if it’s ever coming out. The answer is,

IT’S ABSOLUTELY COMING OUT! Theropods is coming out no matter what.​

We love it, we have worked hard on it, and commit to finishing it. We know game studios don’t take that long to finish 'simple' games like ours, but we aren’t an experienced game studio. We are a bunch of artists trying to make a cool dino game in our free time with your support and are learning along the way.
The reason we haven’t been updating is that we have been in a sort of limbo state since last time.
We are still pitching to publishers in search of additional funding so that we can turn it into the best version it can be. That means being able to pay our team and port the game to consoles. Finding a publisher is taking way longer than we anticipated. It’s a stressful and sometimes frustrating experience since it's out of our control. But there is a lot of interest and it’s getting there.
So we have been slowly grinding our way art-wise but not full-time, hence the delays. Here is some of it!
9b3e8472e5a6d6973f508bee4bf79d7d_original.png

7cd164618feab2ba897a252b7c5804a4_original.png

5e022222b9977c5aa4396c102a09048e_original.png

818928a2b9e8288b9a3494c2e68d6729_original.png

ed4cb0e800cc2c7469ec423d22848a50_original.gif

863913bdc2ba65ea1f8602cd8a92864b_original.png

ac69ad3f76baf5887ebaf027b6b9314d_original.png

e5bd67a5c82a0005e3c2c1e456c16436_original.gif

64e3f250b678989688518fe6c5dc54b4_original.gif

689809b181ca32d8125ceb7538cc3b27_original.gif

666f47852da5d5d00acedc7e9d796e95_original.gif

419e75edd65962ada9106a6cdcb6d686_original.gif

ba087aade99b8f2c53bbf9528125cba9_original.gif

Where does that leave us? We hope to have some exciting news coming very soon, about publishing and other mystery stuff.
We are still streaming progress live by the way, almost every week, so if you want to see the game being made you can always check it out on twitch.tv/tinystuffz
Thank you a ton for your patience and looking forward to updating you with more dinos!
- Kostas and Sarah

Modron

Arcane
Half a year is nothing Octopus City Blues is probably averaging less than 1 a year updates but still alive. Kingdom of Night developers only come out of their discord to occasionally say they are still working on their game in random steam forum posts.

Modron

Arcane
Bunch o' weird stuff edition.

A free point and click adventure about a piece of gum trying to work his way through a digestive tract.

An action adventure with the greatest story ever put to paper.

Sidescrolling adventure puzzler:

Some prosperian, probably hipster, emotional affair:

Modron

Arcane
Fanatical has got a fairly stacked adventure game bundle at the moment: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/intrigue-bundle
  • Blacksad: Under the Skin
  • Syberia 1-3
  • Murder Mystery Machine
  • Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases
  • Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
  • The Descendant - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  • Still Life 1 & 2
  • Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
All for $5.99

Apparently there is going to be some kind of puzzle, I don't know what it is but you can already claim your free puzzle fest set here :shittydog::
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/16212626125

Edit: Suppose I should point out a couple of releases as well:

Not my cup of tea but I suppose a portion of the sales of it will go into making Kriegsfront Tactics so here:

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Cosmic Voids' next adventure game has launched it's kickstarter (demo on steam):

Think it's safe to say it will reach its goal:

Fooling Mortals expanded their demo with another area:

Modron

Arcane
Bunch of free releases last couple of days,

This left early access:

Young Horses polished and released a couple of their early smaller releases on steam including their student project version of Octodad:

and this other game:

Modron

Arcane
Varney Lake dropped:

Another little free adventure game.

This guy has been posting snippets for years of a little adventure side project looks like it's turning into a full free release sometime in the future:

Dreams in the Witch House is 20% off get it:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Heh, I stumbled upon a random article on the history of the IBM PC. Then I noticed something is strange; the author is hell-bent on using "she" as a general pronoun when he talks about people buying computers in the early 80s... Oh man, this must be Jimmy Maher, I'm thinking. Scroll up, and bingo! The guy has created a trademark for himself!

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Reminder: Jimmy Maher began using feminine pronouns as the generic case in order to please a female art history professor and continued this habit ever since: https://www.filfre.net/2012/10/level-9/ (see his response to a comment below the article).
He lives only to please, apparently...

I became familiar with him through his book about the history of the Amiga, The Future Was Here. He was doing the feminine pronoun thing in that book already... which I found strange, but it's still a quite nice read, although he should take a course on writing more succinctly. This app would be a good start...

I *want* to like him, in a way, because he's an Amiga fan, but I don't have the patience to read his super long-winded articles anymore (which are often factually wrong, actually, and I'm not exactly a fan of his views on many RPGs...)

Modron

Arcane
There were some releases this week

Some germanoid adventure that has a demo:

Another point and click with a demo:

A free text adventure mystery with some neat looking backgrounds:

A free hipster adventure also available on itch.io if that is your thing:

Some prologue demo for a kickstarter adventure I never heard of:

Dexter

Arcane
Because that "game" is utter shite. It seems to sell itself as some sort of horror/body horror experience, but is utter tripe and feels like playing a Feminist poem by an art student or something. The only thing speaking in its favor are the somewhat competent animations compared to similar games. It's a similar type of bait and switch the Gone Homo devs pulled back in the day when they were trying to make it seem their game was about horror, only more deliberate.
Anyone who's even thinking about getting it should do themselves a favor and play the Free Demo before, they likely won't want to afterwards.

Modron

Arcane
Pre Stasis: Bone Totem Edition,

A point and click with combat:

Had to double check this wasn't a Rusty Lake game. I guess you've truly made it when asians start copying you.

Missed a couple point and clicks last week:

Somekickstarter news:
Randal's Tuesday, sequel to Randal's Monday (which is 90% off at the moment on steam) from way back in 2014, got funded:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/randalstuesday/randals-tuesday

An investigative adventure set in 1970's France is midway funded with lots of time remaining:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pierrefeuillestudio/chronique-des-silencieux

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom