Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Queen is Dead! Conquer the Queen!

newcomer

Learned
I still fail to see how these horse riding and musical classes are gonna help her in the future. But what the hell. :X Ruin her all you want.

Totally agree with this, especially after playing the demo... the people here prefers hanging out with pigeons compared to a mahou shoujo :(

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think it's more of "these classes will give us bonuses, let's go for it!".

The jRPG Weeaboo Codex is still a very numbers oriented community.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I kinda guessed ppl were affected by min-maxing stats and doesn't really look/think of the 'future possibilities' (I played the demo length and failed ALL skill checks)
XD But it's ok. Let's not spoil too much. :)

In a way this exposes a flaw of C&C Games - one that does not have randomized events. You can literally meta the game to success. But since skill points increments can only be done on the fly and 'not banked and used as needed' ala Fallout/AoD, a lot of ppl would stumble many, many times before getting there (This is all just assumptions btw and some game mechanics thoughts grinding in my head.)

Back to work. :(

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't vote specifics because I don't know what leads to best results and what's effective. So I vote for tsundere and success.

elo.jpg
D-don't get me wrong. It's not like I didn't want you to get arrested, I just thought you could tell me more about my mother, that's all!
Good work, gorilla! All that thinking pays off.

newcomer

Learned
Once I tried to pass all skill check on the first 10 days (and i confirmed that it is possible), problem is you will need to ignore all the number crunching desires and of course, the mahou shoujo desire :(

And yeah, there's a dead end route also within the demo, so pick carefully :P

Anyway, let them ruin her, we can just start all over again, right onii-chan??

newcomer

Learned
Vaarna_Aarne

C'mon Vaarna, vote for arresting her! Don't you want to try the new upgrades on the hyper ------ you just purchased a few days ago?? :troll:

RK47

Patron
Yea, I suppose. o_O If there's enough demand, but I don't want the devs to not get rewarded. That was part the reason why I started most LPs, I want the devs to be rewarded (Well in Bioware's games cases,...uh...I just wanna do it. No particular reason. Heh.)

So if we did all the routes, not many would buy the game (since they've seen everything), I felt they need to be rewarded for doing something unique, at least. I'm a terrible reviewer, so I'm not confident on writing one for the Codex.

newcomer

Learned
Lol, we might reach a premature dead end you know, and there's one REALLY CLOSE right now, and I won't give you any hint :P

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Depends on how severe the dead ends are, I guess - do restart a bit from premature ends. There's probably multiple endings, but you should only be obliged to complete up to one ending. Maybe give a hint of the other endings to if you're so inclined, but nothing more.

Consider this practice for when you take that final, terrible step and LP School Days HD.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Totally agree with this, especially after playing the demo... the people here prefers hanging out with pigeons compared to a mahou shoujo :(

Being an economist, studying military strategy, fighting with actual weapons instead of with the power of friendship and love, or learning about espionage and politics are some of the least Mahou Shoujo things someone could do, though.

We are defending the soul of the profession, even if by doing so we must delay our princess' entrance into it. :obviously:

JRPGCodex: Where Magical Girls are serious business.

newcomer

Learned
We are defending the soul of the profession, even if by doing so we must delay our princess' entrance into it. :obviously:
JRPGCodex: Where Magical Girls are serious business.

The worst thing of all is that the option to learn magic is locked right now, you need one of those profession skills to unlock it... and I won't tell you which one, coz you'll witness it very soon thx to the skill test check enabled

lightbane

Arcane
Let's keep her, we need her alive so she can teach us the secrets of black magic. After that, she'll be a fine sacrifice to the Dark Gods...

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
The worst thing of all is that the option to learn magic is locked right now, you need one of those profession skills to unlock it... and I won't tell you which one, coz you'll witness it very soon thx to the skill test check enabled

I know, that's exactly why I gave those examples. :P

Though from what I have been told there are several ways to unlock Lumen, though I do not know whether they were refering to the demo, the beta, or the full game.

newcomer

Learned
I managed to unlock lumen within the demo timeframe, and since the first 10 turns is the same in the demo and the full game, I think they should be the same... There's at least 2 profession which leads to lumen, and a hinted 3rd profession (not in the demo timeframe)

RK47

Patron
I definitely think...that skill checks need to be made visible for this sort of game. At least, so there are avenues for 'recovery' or 'subtle clues of what the player is missing'
In Fallout, skill checks are divided into a few types.
One done during conversation: Speech - failing would lead to a negative outcome. Only reload can bring you back. Science hacking fail triggering an alert etc.
One in the game world: Lockpicking, Science, Repairs - failing these would result in an insignificant (compared to the one above) loss of time, of sorts. Doors DO get jammed by lockpicking, and time get wasted by failed Doctor checks.

If Long Live the Queen doesn't tell the player what he/she is missing to succeed,...that would attribute to a very high frustration indeed and encourages too much metagaming. Some events are one-shot only, too. So yeah, I'm definitely showing the skill checks cause it's definitely necessary.

Why did I rant about this ? No reason. Just enjoying a short coffee break in the office.

RK47

Patron
Hmmm. Very doubtful. She might have to settle for a domino pizza. I did not enjoy the fruit cake back then as dinner.

But yes, that is a very good idea, Ulmy Ojii-san~! Perhaps we should buy a cake for her on her 15th birthday!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vaarna_Aarne

C'mon Vaarna, vote for arresting her! Don't you want to try the new upgrades on the hyper ------ you just purchased a few days ago?? :troll:
The Hyperweapon is always busy, seriously there's a lot to do all the time, and she hasn't shown reason to get advance placement in the long list a respectable tasteful rape connoisseur keeps.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Let her stay.

Also, who is this Black Cat impersonator? Or is Codex attracting more of her ilk now?

And of course min-maxing is the only way. Enslaving nations with necromancy is the ultimate goal, after all.

newcomer

Learned
Let her stay.
:decline:

And of course min-maxing is the only way. Enslaving nations with necromancy is the ultimate goal, after all.

If you want to graduate into a mahou shoujo quickly, you have to look behind the number crunching and go for a specific skill, for if you fail to do so you can waste at least 5-6 turns (probably more) to get it

corvus

Arcane
Let her stay. More to undermine your daddy then any sort've sympathy for this woman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom