Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Poles are watching us

dagorkan

Arbiter
Funny they didn't quote me.

Just goes to show 'The Codex' is whatever you want it to be... pick and choose those you agree with, that's 'The Codex Opinion'

dagorkan

Arbiter
"If anybody is still undecided, just BUY THE DAMN GAME ALREADY. Don't bloody warez it either. This is the best RPG since Troika left us." (Oarfish/RPG Codex)
LOL, nice work guys. You're going to put the Witcher's PR guys out of work.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:
Can it be the Codex has actually made friends with a developer?
Replace 'made friends' with 'sucked the cock of' and it would be more accurate.

MasPingon

Arcane
dagorkan said:

Just goes to show 'The Codex' is whatever you want it to be... pick and choose those you agree with, that's 'The Codex Opinion'

There are different opinions about this game, but you have none. What do you want them to quote? Your "I didn't play it, but I think it sucks" dumb shit?

vrok

Liturgist
Still haven't seen a single person here say it's not worth playing so if enjoying a great game, and trying to help the (other) angry cunts over here to give it a chance, makes us cocksuckers then so be it. Jasede is probably lonely in that specific corner anyway.

Kraszu

Prophet
dagorkan said:

Wast majority of people that post on rpgcodex likes it. Rpgcodex is place where most posters like Thewitcher.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Kraszu said:
dagorkan said:

Wast majority of people that post on rpgcodex likes it. Rpgcodex is place where most posters like Thewitcher.
I get the impression a lot of people on the Codex haven't played it, either because they don't like Action RPGs, have no interest or are still playing MotB / other games. So they haven't posted about it. I read that 34-page thread and I know that most of the replies were from the same dozen or two dozen at most members, who just kept coming back to add to the hype.

As usual it's the vocal minority (Polish nationalists and fanboys in this case) bandwaggoning a particular view, and then calling it 'The Codex Opinion'.

Kraszu

Prophet
dagorkan said:
I get the impression a lot of people on the Codex haven't played it, either because they don't like Action RPGs, have no interest

Well people that comment on game and played it liked it from what I had seen, most people on codex also like Gothic that game has action combat also so they are minority.

dagorkan said:
or are still playing MotB / other games.

So that makes them neutral for now.

dagorkan said:
So they haven't posted about it. I read that 34-page thread and I know that most of the replies were from the same dozen or two dozen at most members, who just kept coming back to add to the hype.

And how many active members there is on codex dozen or two is big portion of codex.

dagorkan said:
As usual it's the vocal minority (Polish nationalists and fanboys in this case) bandwaggoning a particular view, and then calling it 'The Codex Opinion'.

Majority from what I know, if we count people that didn't play yet, but plan to as neutral then Thewitcher has much more positive then negative feedback on codex, so saying that it was positively received is true statement.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Watch it, it seems if you're Polish and post positive opinions on TW you're a nationalist or a fanboy! Thanks dagorkan for telling us, I always wanted to be a nationalist but lacked the ballz to join my local group.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
dagorkan said:
Kraszu said:
dagorkan said:

I get the impression a lot of people on the Codex haven't played it, either because they don't like Action RPGs, have no interest or are still playing MotB / other games. So they haven't posted about it. I read that 34-page thread and I know that most of the replies were from the same dozen or two dozen at most members, who just kept coming back to add to the hype.

:yawn:

Deleted member 7219

Well its true that there are a hell of a lot of people here, particularly the old crowd, who prefer roguelikes and turn-based isometric RPGs, then there are some who prefer JRPGs, so it is a bit false to say the whole Codex likes The Witcher.

Shannow

Waster of Time
And here I was thinking that all the french nationalists and fanbois were sucking the Witcher's cock because it is published by atari...

Sheek, you are not making much sense. While most polish codexers like the game there were quite a few others too. Or to be more precise: Who of those quoted in the newspost is polish?

As was already mentioned, nobody quotes comments that are not positive. And while I don't really aprove of the praxis it isn't CDproject's fault that some of those comments could've come out of some PR guy's ass.

The Codexers who have an opinion about the Witcher seem to like it. So that is the Codex' view. If more Codexers play it and think it sucks that view might change but right now it is positive.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The thing is there is no recent game (I think - apart from MotB) which would get so many positive responses here. It's a clearly visible break from the normal bashing.

Of course, no one should expect unanimity on an internet board. It wouldn't bring the site any benefit, too.

Kraszu

Prophet
Matt7895 said:
Well its true that there are a hell of a lot of people here, particularly the old crowd, who prefer roguelikes and turn-based isometric RPGs, then there are some who prefer JRPGs, so it is a bit false to say the whole Codex likes The Witcher.

Nobody said so, t would be ridiculous claim about forum by default anyway.

MountainWest

Scholar
Christ! Stop answering that dumbfuck. His problems aren't with the game but with its origin. It's European. Sheek doesn't like that cause he thinks there's a war going on between american and European RPGs. Simple as that. He's a dumbfuck. Let him be.

Balor

Arcane
Heh, I played Witcher, and I think it's good.
Does it make a Polish nationalist? (Mwahahaha).

Balor

Arcane
Btw, I suspect that Sheek simply joined this site for the drama alone. He simply likes hate and bashing (games, people - it does not matter to him).
So, a good RPG comes along, and he don't get his usual 'doze'... well, result is clearly visible.

roshan

Arcane
dagorkan said:
Kraszu said:
dagorkan said:

Wrong dumbfuck. One hundred Codexers have played the Witcher and returned with positive opinions.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... viewresult

MasPingon

Arcane
Sheek isn't even able to ban himself, there is nothing we can expect from him(her?).

zzao3.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't blame sheek in this matter. It does seem suspicious that no Polish poster acutally criticises the game. Look, I realise there might be that tiny chance that it's simply that good, but has that ever happened? I am very, very careful of this game. It's just received too well. At least with MotB some people complained on the Codex, but this one... I don't know, guys. Usually when things seem too good to be true, they usually are (Ultima 8 wisdom).

I'll seen when I try it out around Christmas, I guess.

dagorkan

Arbiter
OK I take back the Polish thing - even though it is true, a high percentage of posters in that thread were Polish - because I don't think they are just nationalists. I do think you guys have probably over-rated the game out of frustration of there not being any traditional RPGs coming out any more.

That's just my opinion from what I know of the game, it sounds like a pretty typical Action-RPG, maybe better executed and more polished (geddit?) than usual. And I know there are a lot of people who liked Diablo, Gothic etc here so I can see how it would appeal to that crowd.

I'll probably try it at some point because it looks like it might be fun even if it isn't really an RPG and if I'm wrong and do like it I promise I'll write a review and say I was wrong. But for the moment I still have Planescape to finish, MotB to buy and there'll be Eschalon: Book I to buy iin a week, both of which are higher priority. So it won't be for a while. If Age of Decadence comes out by Christmas I'll probably review the Witcher in February.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom