Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Can we not have a retarded discussion on the biological differences between men an women (or races) and focus on what really matters? (Bashing Obsidian)
Grape mechanics?! Pah! Obsidian can't represent these shitty fruits correctly. And they all have short stems!

VOu929w.png

This is the kind of grape-mechanics we need in the game:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Cohh's game bugged the fuck out ... he gets attacked on sight by corporate troops ... he plays on Supernova, he cannot load an older save ... I love this shit ... it's poetic.

He allahu akbarred the game when he started but that's what he always does. How does he feel about it now, playing late game?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Can someone confirm if there's option to hide the skill checks like Deadfire in this game ? I really want to test how the game play like this.

Mojobeard

Augur
I've only killed a couple of NPCs, but apparently that Groundbreaker grandma was tied to half the goddamn quests in the game. Was she the single NPC that actually mattered?
Problem is that unless you do exactly as she wants, you have to buy the Navkey from her at full price, OR have a 100 intimidation that early in the game (which is not really doable by then with just gear/items/SAM, though it is later). And how can it be that hard to scare an old lady and her two goons anyway? Or why didn't completing some of the quests lower the price, or why wasn't there an option to haggle? Garbage design, I felt it justified to shoot her in the face.

And though Parvati's quest could be completed with her dead, I have no idea what to do about the science weapon quest. I actually even found the final weapon, but it didn't complete the quest since no one told me about it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Cohh's game bugged the fuck out ... he gets attacked on sight by corporate troops ... he plays on Supernova, he cannot load an older save ... I love this shit ... it's poetic.

He allahu akbarred the game when he started but that's what he always does. How does he feel about it now, playing late game?

Pretty frustrated. Obsidian fucked up the level scaling, all enemies are damage sponges. I think he gave up for today.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've only killed a couple of NPCs, but apparently that Groundbreaker grandma was tied to half the goddamn quests in the game. Was she the single NPC that actually mattered?
Problem is that unless you do exactly as she wants, you have to buy the Navkey from her at full price, OR have a 100 intimidation that early in the game
Just do what I did and fight through whole location of level 20 monsters for a day. emerge from lakes of acid shit in high level power armor armed with quest guns you are not supposed to get until end of the game; kill everyone in your way.

Cohh actually followed same route, on hardcore no save mode, but used sneaking in the grass instead of killin.

Alternatively take stamp from grandma safe and bring to corpodude and finish game in 5 hours. He can also stamp you pass on Monarch I think.

Or why didn't completing some of the quests lower the price
She pays you for quests you do for her. Like 3000 if you bring toothpaste formula etc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Obsidian fucked up the level scaling, all enemies are damage sponges. I think he gave up for today.
I am not sure what is he fighting there since everything in main quest is holoshroudable.

It even reaches a bit of absurdity in final dungeon, where scripts pop people you helped to fight against enemy of choice; but you're shrouded so AI just fights with itself while you walk from checkpoint to checkpoint.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Mildly disappointed no one mentioned the long line of female mechanics in the Wing Commander series. Janet 'Sparks' McCullough from Wing commander 2, plus Rachel Coriolis from Wing Commander 3 and Prophecy. The latter was even a romance option in 3, though by Prophecy she moved on to younger meat in the form of the new protagonist. It occurs to me that if she were still involved with the former protagonist at the same time, the paradoxical action of the player cucking themselves could've torn this forum asunder.

Mojobeard

Augur
Just do what I did and fight through whole location of level 20 monsters for a day. emerge from lakes of acid shit in high level power armor armed with quest guns you are not supposed to get until end of the game; kill everyone in your way.
Oh I'm way past Monarch, and went through that route yes. It wasn't really that interesting. Sponge enemies that you can just keep at a distance, and there's infinite healing and ammo anyway.

Shadenuat

Arcane
N-Ray weapons with highest round per minute ratio are the answer to any sponginess.

For people who dongetit game throw you endgame level 26 unique N-ray assault rifle right before final run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom