Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Right click and look at the DLC listed -- it won't show up as 'Full package' in the Steam listing just the base game with all the DLC in the tab.

still too much.
call me when it has a minus in front of the price, then MAYBE, PERHAPS, it could be interesting.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I'm waiting for the next steam sale to get classic X-com for little potatoes. Why the fuck should I even bother with the newest popamole?

Telengard

Arcane
The other three games are console games from 2002-2004. What the hell they are doing on there, I dunno. (Okay, Guilty Gear can be considered an arcade game first).

Warlock is worth it.

A Game of Dwarves isn't. Simplistic, broken gameplay, and incredibly buggy. Only enjoyment to be found is if you like designing multi-level structures with blocks, since the gameplay is so broken and underwhelming.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The other three games are console games from 2002-2004. What the hell they are doing on there, I dunno. (Okay, Guilty Gear can be considered an arcade game first).

Warlock is worth it.

A Game of Dwarves isn't. Simplistic, broken gameplay, and incredibly buggy. Only enjoyment to be found is if you like designing multi-level structures with blocks, since the gameplay is so broken and underwhelming.
Judging from the gameplay found on youtube, it plays like Civilization. Am I right? I don't really enjoy that series, apart from Alpha Centauri.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It has better combat than Civ 5 but the AI is player/opponent AI is pretty awful. I'm sure you can buy a key for just Warlock from random people for a couple of bucks.

Telengard

Arcane

Warlock is worth it.

Judging from the gameplay found on youtube, it plays like Civilization. Am I right? I don't really enjoy that series, apart from Alpha Centauri.
It does play a lot like Civ 5. The major differences being - each city can only have a number of buildings equal to its size. Each building in a city takes up its own hex. The spell (tech) tree offers five lines of research at all times. Spells can drastically change the physical environment. And one can customize the advantages of the leader.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Warlock is worth it.

It does play a lot like Civ 5. The major differences being - each city can only have a number of buildings equal to its size. Each building in a city takes up its own hex. The spell (tech) tree offers five lines of research at all times. Spells can drastically change the physical environment. And one can customize the advantages of the leader.
Thanks (and you too, Metro). I guess I'll skip it in this case.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I guess I'll skip it in this case.

It's still a good game. I played about 80 hours or so, however, it'll leave you a bit disappointed in that with a bigger budget it could have been much much better.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Those two Red Faction games are both fun for different reasons. Pop-a-mole as fuck and Guerrilla has a shit PC port, but fun.

I tried Darksiders for an hour and hated it, which is a shame as I like the idea of it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks to Konjad I am now a proud owner of Final Fantasy XI. Kupo!

(Too bad I don't play MMOs - haven't even touched The Secret World yet, which I bought on an Amazon sale. But for $0.01 I just couldn't resist.)

Overboard

Arcane
Heh I too got interested in the game after some reading the threads about it, followed by 'research'.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
From now until the 16th, Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon is 50% off through Desura and BMT Micro. So if you still haven’t played it, this is a golden opportunity.There are no codes, just a 50% discount for a few days. And don’t forget –the strategy guide is still free. And it’s a lot more than a strategy guide. Like the game itself, I kinda went waaaaaay overboard when I wrote it.​

I may pick this up today.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played it. It's a fun game, but I wouldn't put it in my top RPG of all time lists. The humor is good as well is your party interaction, and the combat is tough enough to make you want to explore everything and grind before you move on to the next area. But you are forced to play with a pre-made party, and the dungeons range between dull and frustrating, though with a few notable exceptions such as when you have to shut down an artifact midway through the game. I appreciate it for coming out in the worst part of the decline, though, and giving me an alternative.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The game mechanics are interesting. You really can make any type of subclass by choosing the right skill paths. Do you want a thief who casts spells, or would you prefer him to be more of a fighter? Should your cleric focus on melee combat or healing and buffing? I had a fighter who focused on melee combat and defense, a sorceress who focused on damaging spells, a cleric who lacked fighting ability but was great at buffing the party and keeping it alive, and a thief who focused on trap springing and backstabbing with a later boost in melee combat. The game is unforgiving in difficulty, as you are not playing epic heroes. You're playing 'the other guys', the scrub team that muddles through. It was only at the end after exploring everything and grinding did I feel like my party could handle what was being thrown at them. As far as indies go, I didn't enjoy it as much as the Exile Trilogy or Geneforge, but I did like it more than Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, and Underworld Gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom