Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

Sonus

Educated
And here I was thinking it might be an annual reoccurrence if it weren't for the techies tracking down the problematic code. How'd they not fix it, afterall? How'd they not see this coming looking at the code? How is it an accident?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't remember my password on TTLG, but if i did, i'd be trolling there, because there is a sizeable contingent of idiots desperately clinging to the sunk costs fallacy as THIAF sinks (it really doesn't deserve to be called just Thief).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
sunk cost is the psychological phenomena where you feel like you have to do something if you paid for it. In this case, they have to like Thief since they paid/spent time on it/wasted time on a forum about it. It's normally called a fallacy, but it really isn't.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Linked to cognitive dissonance, I think. What SCO said is correct, but I think from the economic perspective (where I first heard of it) you basically will be taking into account whatever resources you used to acquire something when you can't give them back, which is not a good way to evaluate whatever it is that you're thinking about doing. The correct choice would be to see what you stand to gain moving forward rather than to take into account the cost you have "sunk" into a decision that you can no longer get back. The people that are trying to convince themselves to like Thief would probably be better served not playing it or asking for a refund.

Morphi

Augur
Thief is 50% off on steam... still not worth it? (loved Thief1+2, enjoyed Thief3) :)

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Also note that the price was slashed to $30 recently.

Forgotten in less than 3 months.

Roderick

Savant
When is THI5F coming? was this piece shit succesful with the consolefags and next-gentards?

argan

Augur
It's not worth playing, not even for free. At least horrible game makes you experience some kind of emotion, and they let you rage about them on prestigious forums. Thiaf, however, is just the very definition of bland and mediocre. It's extremely boring and leaves you with nothing, a perfect example of how to waste time.

Also note that the price was slashed to $30 recently.

The retail version was 30$ here, three weeks after release.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ugh. With its current discount price of $15, Thiaf has risen to #3 on the Bestsellers list on Steam.

Garrettt

Educated
I can't believe they were selling that bank mission as DLC post release. $5 for one small sized level that's rather meh is a joke. Even at $2.50 its a rip off

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I'll make sure the new CM feels welcome.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2008198&postcount=5

zwanzig_zwoelf
user_online.gif

Gamer

icon1.gif

bro sacha hello are you my new bro im glad to see you here deus ex human revolution is the best game ever you must be proud of being a em community manager id sell my soul to become one but im a lazy ass cant wait to see more of your posts go on and have some fun chasing the wild goose and playing deus ex human revolution over a cup of wine
smile.png

:retarded:
What's wrong? You never read my posts on the Eidos forums?

Interesting. It turns out you are NOT a retard!? Considering you wasted a good amount of time on a novelty troll account, I'd say you probably are regardless.

Sonus

Educated
Naw. He was performing an important service in light of a serious damned need to take the piss out of the place. Most other methods were already tried, and not nearly as effective in that vacuous environment. We get to see THI4BARF everywhere, inescapable, and the ruinous rustgas effect of that crap product, and even worse PR, on longstanding bastions of LGS and Thief fandom. Those unforgivable decisions make zwanzig's posts there a mere smattering of entertainment, a bright spot in the smothering darkness.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'll make sure the new CM feels welcome.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2008198&postcount=5

zwanzig_zwoelf
user_online.gif

Gamer

icon1.gif

bro sacha hello are you my new bro im glad to see you here deus ex human revolution is the best game ever you must be proud of being a em community manager id sell my soul to become one but im a lazy ass cant wait to see more of your posts go on and have some fun chasing the wild goose and playing deus ex human revolution over a cup of wine
smile.png

:retarded:
What's wrong? You never read my posts on the Eidos forums?

Interesting. It turns out you are NOT a retard!? Considering you wasted a good amount of time on a novelty troll account, I'd say you probably are regardless.
I am thankful to you for wasting time to write this crappy post and waste my time to read it and type the answer.
However, to make sure that my time isn't as wasted as yours, I recommend you to watch Lars von Trier's 'Idioterne'.
I hope you'll enjoy the movie and learn more about the world and more importantly, about yourself.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The "spassing" is a self-defeating attempt by the group to challenge the establishment through provocation. The self-styled idiots feel that the society-at-large treats their intelligence uncreatively and unchallengingly; thus, they seek the uninhibited self-expression that they imagine a romantic ideal of disability will allow.

Stoffer, at his birthday party, wishes for a "gangbang", and both clothes and inhibitions are soon discarded. But when Stoffer calls for the group members to let idiocy invade their personal daily lives, only Karen takes up the challenge. She takes Susanne back to her house, where they are greeted by surprise by Karen's mother. Karen had been missing for two weeks, following the death of her young baby; she offers no explanation of where she has been. Karen attempts to spaz in front of her family by dribbling the food she is eating, but this results in a violent slap from her husband, Anders. Karen and Susanne leave the house

^Bolded and underlined for patronising emphasis.

Moral of the story: you deserve a slap.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

The "spassing" is a self-defeating attempt by the group to challenge the establishment through provocation. The self-styled idiots feel that the society-at-large treats their intelligence uncreatively and unchallengingly; thus, they seek the uninhibited self-expression that they imagine a romantic ideal of disability will allow.

Stoffer, at his birthday party, wishes for a "gangbang", and both clothes and inhibitions are soon discarded. But when Stoffer calls for the group members to let idiocy invade their personal daily lives, only Karen takes up the challenge. She takes Susanne back to her house, where they are greeted by surprise by Karen's mother. Karen had been missing for two weeks, following the death of her young baby; she offers no explanation of where she has been. Karen attempts to spaz in front of her family by dribbling the food she is eating, but this results in a violent slap from her husband, Anders. Karen and Susanne leave the house

^Bolded and underlined for patronising emphasis.

Moral of the story: you deserve a slap.
'k
:butthurt:

TheGreatOne

Arcane
If you're comparing glorious New Vegas incline with Oblivion I support your thorough sterilization.
You're saying that as if incline from Fallout 3 was an achievement of some sorts. It's still a first person shooter in the vein of F3, just less stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom