Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Multi-headed Cow

Ultimate question, is it worse than DA2? 'cause if so I might pirate it and play it because DA2 was actually hilariously bad.
849F8603512969F789BF0DC5050117D8C23E7B22

2187AAB58C324867366A753EBF3CADD4BBFF1100

1A95DB8D679B412C4778B5D9F6D586CD2DE7E33F

0FA0819C35EEFA9B8906B812BC494A46E549828E

0A4285BCFB2AB8C63647F4982C1DF86062E20CA3

HAWKES!!!!!! :yeah:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Heh C&C. My imported save didn't have the Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc played through, but chatting with Liara aboard the Normandy she said se became the SB anyway. So no consequences, she was just upset, that the operation cost her some men.

RPGMaster

Savant
Heh C&C. My imported save didn't have the Lair of the Shadow Broker dlc played through, but chatting with Liara aboard the Normandy she said se became the SB anyway. So no consequences, she was just upset, that the operation cost her some men.

I hope you get over the painful consequence to your choice soon.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ultimate question, is it worse than DA2? 'cause if so I might pirate it and play it because DA2 was actually hilariously bad.

I didn't play DA2.

Another thing, although I'm still somewhat early in the game: Insanity is insanely easy, much easier than in ME2. I have breezed through the Earth and Mars missions with an Adept.

Also, dose texturhes... :?

The only fight I died in so far was the end battle on mars where there are like 30 cerberus dudes, and that's mostly because I kept running out of ammo and my "CHARGE EVERYTHING UNTIL IT DIES" strategy stopped working because I would get shredded before I could charge again.

Textures are another thing I noticed. Some are downright hideous. It's probably just a result of console limitations, but I suppose it's also possible that Bioware just really is that bad.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is seriously fuck up. Save does work but I couldn't import my Shep face! Shep Bro was with me all the way from ME1 and now I had to recreate the fucker and it doesn't look anything like him!

I worked tirelessly to make Shep look dweeby enough to fit Meer's voice and got it so fucking perfect that I cannot understand people raging on Meer as with my Shep the voice fit so well. Now it fucking sucks!

:sadandfuckingenragedface.gif:

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9649997/1

Wow, the game isn't even out yet and Bioware's already tugging at our heartstrings like that....daammn you, guys.

In case you weren't following the Alliance News Network twitter feed, her last words:

"Alliance forces have not hurt Reaper ship. No damage. It's coming straight for us. Straight for ME."

"This signal, going out and being rebroadcast everywhere… I think they picked it up. I led them here."

"To everyone I may have endangered, I am so sorry. I can only hope the information we got out is worth it."

"Trying to lead it away. Huge glowing red eye opening. No not eye, gun, it's firing."

"Airport gone. Eye is Reaper ship's big gun. Alliance ships hitting from behind, no damage. Jamming tech, many shots missing."

"Dr M taking us in. Our Reaper weapon might be only way to damage ship. Flying low."

"Oh god weapon not firing only had one shot were being targete72-r3."

"hit bullets from ground lots blood dr m dead hurts god im hit too."

"Van still flying. Lost a lot of blood. Not sure how long I have. Not sure QEC even still on."

"Reaper out in front of me. Lost pistol. Only weapon left is this skyvan."

"Fighter drones closing. Gunships are down. Mom, dad, love you. "

"Go on. Make your noise. Try to scare us."

"You want to see how a human dies? At ramming speed."

<SIGNAL LOSS>

This just made the fight even more personal.
crying.png
crying.png

We fight for Emily Wong. Spread the word!

2d8616f4.gif

Luckly i menage recreate my shepard to look like in ME1 with more polycount.

He was the model . Back then i though i can roleplay the WH40k commander :roll:
Space%20Crusade%20%281992%29%28Gremlin%29%28M4%29%28Disk%201%20of%202%29_001.png

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
The fuck? Emily Wong was that douchebag journalist everyone loved to punch. Now we're "fighting for her"? :lol:

Also, very unfortunate choice of last words considering she's an azn being attacked by giant monsters with tentacles.
No, Emily Wong is the one we give Fist's files. The one that some players punch has an arabic sounding name.

Commander Xbox

Learned
also, the ending of this game is completely retarded. i love how bioware turned the reapers from this all powerful all knowning mysterious force into some bullshit spaceships built to stop a.i getting out of control. you are fucked as a writer when you invent a force like that anyway, because the moment you ascribe worldly motivations and desires to an otherworldly force they instantly lose all mystique and become mundane, but biowares awful writing managed to completely fuck them up. the purpose of the reapers shouldnt have been revealed imo, just drop a few mysterious and mind blowing hints here and there and leave it at that

Schleichwerbung

Educated
NO DIALOG CHOICE?​
"Well, I've been playing for the last 5 hours now.
I honestly regret taking work off tomorrow. I regret pre-ordering the CE and spending so much time following ME3's development. Playing through ME3 just doesn't have the same allure that ME1 and 2 did... the action is great, but the roleplaying so far has been... well, I find myself getting bored during cutscene convos""
"You know, I was just starting to be optimistic about the dialogue. Having just watched about 3-4 hours of content after Sur'kesh, I think it's accurate to say that 99% of the dialogue is in fact automatic. :( "
" The dialogue isn't even thatgreat, it's a bunch of cheesy one liners.his feels like a Michel bay film."
"So.....watching movies is the best game-play experience. This is the new idea of Leisure Governor - EA (Bioware seems to be just one of its semi-governed departments, at the best)."
"Well it is pretty sad, Polite. At least for me; I was a MASSIVE fan of ME1 and 2 (especially ME1), but it doesn't seem like the same with be said for numero 3, when all is said and done. "
18lq8o.png
opvfbn.png
Dialogoptions? In a HARDSciFi game? Since when?​

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
NO DIALOG CHOICE?​
"Well, I've been playing for the last 5 hours now.
I honestly regret taking work off tomorrow. I regret pre-ordering the CE and spending so much time following ME3's development. Playing through ME3 just doesn't have the same allure that ME1 and 2 did... the action is great, but the roleplaying so far has been... well, I find myself getting bored during cutscene convos""
"You know, I was just starting to be optimistic about the dialogue. Having just watched about 3-4 hours of content after Sur'kesh, I think it's accurate to say that 99% of the dialogue is in fact automatic. :( "
"The dialogue isn't even thatgreat, it's a bunch of cheesy one liners.his feels like a Michel bay film."
"So.....watching movies is the best game-play experience. This is the new idea of Leisure Governor - EA (Bioware seems to be just one of its semi-governed departments, at the best)."
"Well it is pretty sad, Polite. At least for me; I was a MASSIVE fan of ME1 and 2 (especially ME1), but it doesn't seem like the same with be said for numero 3, when all is said and done. "
18lq8o.png
opvfbn.png
Dialogoptions? In a HARDSciFi game? Since when?​

:lol:

I was about to post that.

Are the drones finally waking up?

:incline: of Mass Effect 3?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The, "illusion" of player made dialogue doesn't matter. It's the point of making the choice that counts. Something being worded differently 3 times still makes an impact on how your character acts. I just... I can't believe I am reading this. I am so upset right now that BioWare chose to do this... I'm in shock...

Fess up, which one of you guys is this? Also that Tali has a face much more bangable than any of the rest except Vega. Or maybe that's due to it being a picture and not a Bioware(TM)-rendered model.

Black

Arcane
WARNING
WARNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL

TRANNIES PRESENT IN ME3

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...es-zero-tolerance-policy-on-community-forums/

Ashley Williams IS a tranny... there's a thread in the Bioware forums with a developer participating, in it, that confirms that she is indeed a man**.

Stanley Woo: "Many of you already know, with the subsequent leak of the story, that Ashley is holding a secret. Many of you feel baffled by this reveal of the story and are questioning why did we chose to take this path. We at Bioware are committed with progressive thinking and shun every time of discrimination in relationships when we develop our games. We already put homosexual relationships in Dragon Age 2 and we heard the input from the transsexual community, that they wanted to be counted too. That's why we chose to take this path with Ashley's character. A final word to out heterosexual fans. This choices are not forced upon you, and there's always the choice of going with the opposite sex in your game love interest"

CODEX'S COMPANION OF THE AEON? I THINK SO!

anus_pounder

Arcane
WARNING
WARNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

TRANNIES PRESENT IN ME3

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...es-zero-tolerance-policy-on-community-forums/

Ashley Williams IS a tranny... there's a thread in the Bioware forums with a developer participating, in it, that confirms that she is indeed a man**.

Stanley Woo: "Many of you already know, with the subsequent leak of the story, that Ashley is holding a secret. Many of you feel baffled by this reveal of the story and are questioning why did we chose to take this path. We at Bioware are committed with progressive thinking and shun every time of discrimination in relationships when we develop our games. We already put homosexual relationships in Dragon Age 2 and we heard the input from the transsexual community, that they wanted to be counted too. That's why we chose to take this path with Ashley's character. A final word to out heterosexual fans. This choices are not forced upon you, and there's always the choice of going with the opposite sex in your game love interest"

What.

The.

Fuck ?

Schleichwerbung

Educated
WARNING
WARNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

TRANNIES PRESENT IN ME3

My Shepard fucked a tranny. Sick bastard didn't even seem to mind.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You know, I seriously wonder how BioWare expect to explain away this kind of thing. People were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with Dragon Age II, but already it's clear Mass Effect 3 may not go over so well with the fanbase despite the initial wave of paid-off reviews (or just those from people with absolutely no critical capacity whatsoever), and no matter what EA want, BioWare is still a company driven primarily by a loyal contingent of fans that are ever-dwindling. They simply cannot afford to churn out these 50-hour epics in half the development time without massive sacrifices, and I'm sure everyone at BioWare knows it. I would be very, very surprised if we ever see a non-MMO RPG from BioWare ever again at this rate.

Also, way to pussy out and turn the Quarians into hot Star Trek aliens, BioWare. I can't wait for all the fan art to start pouring in.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The article doesn't link to the supposed thread in question. Until the source is found, it's probably just trolling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom