Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
And honestly I think that's BioWare's problem in a nutshell.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
9rLSj.jpg

If your Commander Shepard is a dude, then you're hearing the voice of Mark Meer coming out of his mouth. Originally, Meer's voice was just a temporary fill-in, doing some demo stuff "to help us work through the prototype process," says Hudson. Meer is "a theater actor in Edmonton, that we had used for other demo stuff for previous games," but the developers fully intended to hire a different actor to go back and re-record Shepard's voice. In the end, though, having the voice of Shepard be local to Edmonton was a huge advantage, since they didn't know how much "redo and scratch track and iteration" they'd need to. Meer got to become the permanent voice of Shepard, because they decided, "Let's give someone local a chance," says Hudson. Plus they realized, "He's doing a really good job, and he does have this Harrison Ford, everyman-kind of voice."

So, "he was cheap" :lol:

That's not the only reason.

susanna.jpg

Mark Meer is in perfect alignment with Bioware's tastes (maybe the Codex's as well).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just got my copy working (the bay of pirates has top-notch technical support :smug:). Gotta see how shit this game is.

anus_pounder

Arcane
From the BSN: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9629045

To prepare you for ME3 and two of the major conflicts, I can tell you what paths to take in order to achieve peace between the geth and to get both Krogan and Salarian support.​
Geth vs. QuariansIn order to achieve peace between the two races, you need to get 5 to 7 points. These points are based on your ME2 and ME3 decisions. If you have 4 points or below, you cannot achieve peace.​
-Rewrote the Heretics (0 points)​
-Destroyed the Heretics (+2 points)​
-Tali is NOT exiled (+2 points)​
-Tali has been exiled/You did not do the Loyalty Mission (0 points)​
-Resolved Legion/Tali conflict either using the Paragon or Renegade options (+1 point)​
-N7 Mission: Save the Admiral on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)​
-N7 Mission: Destroy Geth Squadron on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)​
-Completed Legion's Mission in ME3 (or no peace)​
You will need a HIGH reputation for the peace talks. If you rewrote the heretics in ME2 BUT achieve peace, you will gain more war assets, but there'll be less quarians. Also, if you rewrote them, you will face more geth than people who destroyed them, in which they'll face less geth.​
Krogans vs. SalariansUnforunately, you can't save both Mordin and Wrex. One must die.​
To Save Mordin: Convince Mordin to fake the cure. Wrex will know that you lied and will try to kill you, meaning you must kill him. Eve must die. You gain Salarian support, but lose Krogan support. In order to REGAIN Krogan support, talk to the new leader and he will not know the difference and give you support.​
To Save Wrex: Mordin will want your help to cure the Genophage (yes, he wants to undo it). Mordin will sacrifice himself to cure the genophage. You will gain Krogan support, but lose Salarian support. In order to REGAIN Salarian support, save the Salarian councilor during the Udina Coup.​
EDIT: I apologize. For the Krogan vs. Salarian conflict, IF you want to cure the genophage, you will need Maelon's data from ME2.​
Sources: Leaks.​
Hope this helps. If anyone wants to add anything or correct me, feel free!​

:rage:

I'll have to squeeze ME3 for all of dat diplomacy points, I see. Rewrote Geth in ME2. Damn.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saves appear to be working fine for me.

Edit: I can see what everyone was talking about. Shepard is apparently the only competent person in the entire Alliance military, which is run by a bunch of terrified fools who need to be told that they should fight back.

Edit2: Vanguard is still a lot of fun. FUCK YOU COVER, I HAVE A SHOTGUN. Also, the game sticks you with some random marine guy in the first 5 seconds and I still have no idea who he because the game hasn't told me yet. I only know his name is James from the squad menu.

I play it right now. It's horrible.
I mean this is like half-life 2 flavoured movie. Dialogues? Two choices,always two (pretty close in meaning) with exception when you pick up blue or red option,"investigate" option vanish and most of the time Shepard talk for himself . Fights are better huh,but i never like shooters that much to be impressed. I'm acturally on Citadel and shit,no body mentions that Earth is in apocalypse state, Snooki cheerfully doing interviews and non seems to care at all.
Oh and when i import my character from me2 i was never able to choose RPG,story or action, so maybe im in story mode,dunno.

Repressed Homosexual
I just beat Mass Effect 2 and all of the DLC in preparation for Mass Effect 3. Time to put an end to the Reapers for good. And with that, it will probably be my very last "cinematic" game in a long, long while, if ever.

I was a bit annoyed at the obvious multicultural/liberal agenda present into the game. The game constantly rubs in your face DIVERSITY IS GOOD, DIVERSITY IS GOOD, DIVERSITY IS GOOD. Though to be honest, Star Trek wasn't any different, and was a liberal propaganda piece as well. Though it was more subtle.

Nice character vignettes and sidequests overall, and some pretty atmospheric environments, but it's pretty much spoiled by the fact that you simply sprint through every single one of them to destroy all the enemies in your path.

Had I known what I know now, I would've destroyed the heretical geths.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mark Meer actually isn't a bad voice actor, judging by other stuff I've heard him do. The poor direction and script is a way bigger problem than his actual performance. If Shepard actually had a character other than "boring military person meant to sound as generic as possible" then I'm sure he'd do fine.

On "liberalism" in Mass Effect - I don't know if it's so clear-cut. The game has discrimination set up to be obviously wrong (and honestly, in those cases it is, unless you think racism/sexism are awesome), but it also has examples of cases where races just do not get along and no amount of negotiation will fix things - see Krogans and Batarians especially. The whole genophage thing is a very difficult debate and itself is enough to improve the game thematically. I would actually say Mass Effect is a bit more realistic than the super-preachy early TNG stuff.

I have a hard time seeing the whole diversity being good angle when every alien species is ineffectual and incompetent compared to humans (Do you meet a single useful and level-headed alien in the entire game other than Mordin?). If this was a historical game it would be about mighty whitey sailing the seas with a whore from every oppressed colony in his cabin, who hope to suck the captain off well enough that he helps their race out with its problems when he's in port. Then the collectors/reapers in ME2 basically admit that Humans are the best shit ever and all the other races that have ever existed are useless, which should mean something coming from the supposed galaxy-cleansers.

Commander Xbox

Learned
lmfao at that tali suicide scene. almost little to no build up then shepard running towards her half heartedly and mark meer spouting off a flat monotone ''no'', as soon as the scene was over id instantly stopped caring about it and had already forgotten it, thats how little emotional depth these pieces of shit have

even gears of war 3 had a suicide scene that was more impactful and made you care more than anything mass effect has done

Xor

Arcane
More impressions:
Good god the animations really are fucking terrible. The demo doesn't do it justice...try to find a video of the dream with the kid; his running animation is the worst I think I've ever seen in a game.
The writing is pretty awful even for Mass Effect. Anderson reads his lines like he doesn't even give a fuck, and the reporter character is a fucking travesty. She sounds drunk. I told the bitch to fuck off.
The combat is better than ME2, but not enough to change anyone's opinion about it. If you liked could tolerate ME2's combat, then this is pretty much the same. Enemies seem to be smarter and they'll try to flank you more often, and they throw grenades to flush you out of cover. Your squadmates are retarded and won't dodge grenades unless you order them to. The game must be retardedly easy on the lower difficulties because it's only kind of challenging on insane, and even then only when there are a shitload of enemies.

racofer

Thread Incliner
More impressions:
Good god the animations really are fucking terrible.

Yes! It's fucking awful. Even Skyrim does this better!

How can you downgrade character animations? They had it good with ME1/2, but somehow it's total shit now?

And there's also the narrow FOV. ME2's fov was narrow, but this time it's even worse. I will look if it's still possible to change the FOV through the ini without screwing up cutscenes, but this time around it's terrible.

Another thing, although I'm still somewhat early in the game: Insanity is insanely easy, much easier than in ME2. I have breezed through the Earth and Mars missions with an Adept.

Also, dose texturhes... :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom